Chapter 41

Big Bang

Chapter 41

 

It wasn't supposed to happen like this. Hyun Seng was waiting for the car to knock him down to end his pathetic life. However, he did not expect someone to push him out of the way. Everything happened in a flash as Hyun Seng fell onto the ground and saw everything happen as if in slow motion.

Hyun Seng saw a jet of white light coming from the headlights of the car and speed towards Dae Sung, just as Dae Sung turned around. Hyun Seng felt his world crash around him when he saw Dae Sung being hit by the car.  A loud crashing sound filled his ears and Hyun Seng watched in dumb disbelief, as Dae Sung's body flew backwards and crashed to the ground, a few meters from where he was. Hyun Seng felt his heart stopped as his eyes were fixed on the motionless body, willing Dae Sung to get back up. But looking at the growing pool of blood on Dae Sung’s body, Hyun Seng knew that Dae Sung would not get back up after sustaining such injuries.

Hyun Seng moved backwards in horror, feeling every last drop of blood drain from his face. His mouth was open in a silent scream as his mind struggled to believe what his eyes were telling him.

He had never been so scared. Life as he knew it was crumbling down around him.

“Dae Sung!” Hyun Seng cried, his voice cracking in sheer fright

“Don't die! Please! You can’t do this to me!” Hyun Seng sobbed, from the ground, not even knowing why he was trying to plead Dae Sung to wake up even though he knew that it is impossible for Dae Sung to hear him.

With tears running down his face, Hyun Seng got back up on his feet and walked towards Dae Sung with his trembling feet. Before Hyun Seng could reach Dae Sung, Hyun Seng stopped in his tracks.

 A slight shifting in the shadows at a corner gave away the presence of another man. In the split second it took for Hyun Seng to realise that somebody was behind the wall. Hyun Seng whirled round and looked up into the amused eyes of the person he wanted to avoid right now.

Hyun Seng felt a cold sensation seep down his back, fists clenched tightly at his sides, watching Tae Yang stepping closer to him walking completely out from the shadow that was keeping him partly concealed.

“After all the trouble, looks like the outcome is still the same.” Tae Yang smirked.

Tae Yang took a step closer, unable to resist taunting Hyun Seng.

"Well, Hyun Seng? Care to explain to me why you attacked me?"

***

Hyun Seng struggled madly, trying to wrest his hand from Tae Yang’s grip as he was dragged away from the accident scene. Hyun Seng hardly got a chance to react as he was flung violently on the brick wall and winced at the pain on his back.

"Why would you to do that?" Tae Yang asked again. He seemed to be determined to find out what is the reason that made Hyun Seng attacked him.

Hyun Seng forced himself to look into Tae Yang's eyes

"I wanted to do it. I just can’t bear to see Dae Sung being attacked by you. “Hyun Seng said.

Tae Yang gave a dry laugh

"I thought you would give me a better answer than that, Hyun Seng," Tae Yang hissed in anger. "What were you hoping to gain by risking so much? Why did you betray me in such a stupid way?"

"If helping Dae Sung is to get something in return," Hyun Seng said to Tae Yang in a colourless voice, "Mind if you could tell me why you are by my side all these years?”

Tae Yang stared at Hyun Seng as his black eyes radiated with darkness.

“Because we have the same goals.  Both of us wanted Seungri out of our lives.”

“You are sick.” Hyun Seng replied with a trace of sarcasm in his voice, realising the reason of why Tae Yang wanted Seungri out of his life is because he wanted G Dragon all to himself.

Tae Yang seemed to be about to laugh.

“Like it or not, we are now in the same boat. For now, we need to find the person who heard my conversation with Dae Sung.” Tae Yang spoke with maddening calmness. “We can’t risk anymore people knowing about this isn’t it?”

Hyun Seng couldn't believe what he was hearing. The person he trusted actually took advantage of his situation. He had always thought that the instructions Tae Yang gave him was for his own good.

With a grim smile, Hyun Seng realised why that person in the café told him to be cautious in the people he trusted.

“Looks like it’s not time for me to die yet.” Hyun Seng thought to himself as he tried to remember that everything that was happening to him had a reason and a purpose. This thought gave him new strength.

“Tae Yang hyung, you just concentrate on finding the person who heard your conversation with Dae Sung. Seungri is mines. Once I end things with him, I swear that I will drag you down to hell with me.” Hyun Seng said with such ferocity that his eyes were blazing with such fiery hatred that it threatened to burned Tae Yang alive.

Tae Yang moved his face next to Hyun Seng’s ear. The cold whisper in his ear made Hyun Seng’s skin crawl.

“Sure, I will wait for that day to come.”

Hyun Seng’s snort of disgust was his only answer.

Tae Yang then moved away from Hyun Seng, his voice echoed down the deserted passageway, leaving a pregnant silence in its wake.

“I will kill you the moment I deicide that you are being untrustworthy. Remember that, Hyun Seng.”

***

 TOP didn't stop running as he looked around the places near Gwanghwamun Square, hoping to see Dae Sung somewhere.

“Dae Sung, where are you?” TOP muttered under his breath worriedly.

TOP remained several seconds standing alone along the path way somewhere near Gwanghwamun Square, biting his lip in worry until he heard a crashing sound.

TOP felt his heart plummet to his stomach. A strong sense of foreboding took a hold of him.

With a burst of speed, TOP ran towards the direction where the crashing sounds came from.

TOP didn't stop running until he reached the location where the crashing sound came from. His breaths coming in ragged gasps as he froze at the sight in front of him.

TOP saw Dae Sung’s body lying sprawled on the ground, lifeless and pale in a growing pool of blood. Dae Sung’s eyes were staring right at TOP, the pain of death still lingering in the dull orbs. Dae Sung's mouth was open wide, making it look like he was caught in a silent scream.

TOP rushed over to Dae Sung's side in a matter of seconds.

"Dae Sung! Dae Sung, can you hear me?" TOP cried out desperately as pulled Dae Sung onto his lap. However, Dae Sung did not show any signs of answering TOP’s question.

TOP let the sobs break out of him as he held Dae Sung close to his chest.

TOP cried and clung onto Dae Sung, blaming himself for not being able to save Dae Sung.

“Someone! Call the ambulance!” TOP yelled in panic.

“Someone! Call the ambulance!”