Chapter 47

Big Bang

Chapter 47

 

Tae Yang’s lips s into the beginning of a self-satisfied smile as his eyes, even darker in the shadows, focused on the view of Seungri’s body going deeper into the water. The clouds started to drift away, showing a shining moon that was full and luminous, its creamy light reflected on the river water. To most people, the full moon was only a monthly event, something pretty to look at once in a while. To Tae Yang, it is a symbol of his victory. Soon, he would see the thrilling moment of TOP saving Seungri.

A slight shifting in the shadows under a nearby bridge gave away the presence of another man. In the split second it took for Tae Yang to realise that somebody was under the bridge.

Tae Yang smirked, knowing who is under the bridge. Confidently, Tae Yang walked towards the person leaning casually against the concrete wall of the bridge, a malevolent grin crossed his features.

"Tae Yang hyung."

It was rather astonishing, how much hatred Hyun Seng was able to muster in that one little word, especially considering his nonchalant mask didn't show any signs of cracking. With his half-closed eyes and casually crossed arms, he looked as if his only trouble in the world was boredom.

 "Well, well, look who it is." Tae Yang smirked. “Great minds do think alike. You even know where to find me.”

Hyun Seng was silent on the other end, and Tae Yang took a step closer, unable to resist taunting Hyun Seng. "I’m touched that you left the reporters just to witness my victorious moment.”

Hyun Seng's posture straightened minutely, and he turned so he was partly facing Tae Yang. He would not back down. Hyun Seng glared at him and there was vitriol in every word that he uttered.

“Do I need to remind you once more that Seungri is mines?”

Tae Yang seemed to be about to laugh.

“Relax, I’m just using him as a bait.” Tae Yang spoke casually, with the levity one would use when making an idle comment about the weather.

In one fluid motion, Hyun Seng gripped Tae Yang’s throat and pushed him against the concrete wall.

Hyun Seng glared at Tae Yang with undisguised threat, "if anything happens to him…"

Before Hyun Seng could finish his sentence, a splashing sound was heard, making Hyun Seng released his grip on Tae Yang’s neck and focused on the event that is going to happen right in front of his eyes.

"TOP hyung" Tae Yang said, his lip curling.  “Finally…”

***

After what seemed like an eternity to TOP of brushing his fanatic fans off him, TOP advanced towards the river, his dark eyes searching for the presence of Tae Yang and Seungri. But, there was no one in sight.

"Where are you, Seungri?" TOP muttered, frustration in his voice.

A thought occurred to him and TOP fished his phone out of his pocket, sifting through his contacts to find Seungri's name. He pressed on the black words once he had found it, raising his phone to hold it to his ear, his heart beating fast as he listened intently for Seungri’s voice on the other line.

The phone rang a few times, before stopping with a beep and a familiar message. It informed him that the user of the phone was not available. TOP growled in frustration, ing his phone back into his jacket pocket and making his way forward, trying to search for Tae Yang and Seungri.

Noticing a secluded area, TOP took a deep breath and pushed down the panic that was beginning to rise in him. TOP took hesitant steps forwards, towards the unknown darkness, ignoring the stares and whispers of the small number of people around him.

TOP’s eyes roamed around the secluded area, before finally catching sight of the familiar figure sinking into the river water. TOP stopped in his tracks, eyes widened in worry and slight fear.

"No, that can't be it," TOP muttered to himself as he took a few steps closer, feeling the hairs at the nape of his neck stand on end. There was a sense of foreboding lingering about this place somehow.

When TOP dashed to its source, he saw the familiar figure in the water that was illuminated with the help of the moon light.

TOP felt his stomach clench painfully at the sight. He felt sick at the thought of Seungri being drowned to death. Without another second of thought, TOP jumped into the freezing water.

As soon as TOP plunged into the water, the cold hit him like punch in the gut. He gasped, an involuntary reaction to the cold shock of the water. TOP involuntary swallowed a mouthful of river water and rised to the surface to get some oxygen and plunged into the water once more.

TOP tried to swim towards Seungri as he wondered to himself how long Seungri had been in the water. The water is freezing. If Seungri didn't drown already he would have died from being in cold water for so long.

His own thoughts had him swimming frantically, pushing himself to swim as fast as possible when he saw air bubbles escaping from Seungri’s mouth. With a sense of urgency, TOP grabbed a hold of Seungri from his coat. Pulling him along, TOP swam upwards, trying to get to the surface as fast as possible.

They broke past the surface of the water in a matter of seconds. TOP swam awkwardly, one arm around Seungri and the other pushing at the water to swim. TOP reached the river bank and he first pushed Seungri out of the freezing water.

TOP felt immense relief wash over him as he caught sight of Seungri coughing and gasping desperately for air, showing signs that he is still alive.

"Seungri, you okay?" TOP asked in concern as he stayed on the ground, his eyes fixed on the trembling boy before him.

Seungri opened his eyes and tried to get them to focus on what was happening. He could hear words being said, but he couldn't make sense of anything as he slowly welcomed the darkness appearing in front of him.

***

It was Dark...

All was quiet and Seungri was alone with nothing but a void space around him.

Seungri wasn't sure how long he had been standing there, in the quiet peace, lost in his thoughts. Before he realized, he could hear a voice coming out of nowhere.

You are trapped in your own mind…

“This can't be real can it?” Seungri thought to himself as he tried to find where the voice came from.

It is…

“How can this be truth?” Seungri spoke aloud.

…Don’t you wish to get back your memories…?

“I don’t know. Will the answers be what I want them to be?” Seungri said finally, his truthfulness surprising even himself.

Answers are never what you wish…

Deep down, Seungri felt that what the voice said is true.

“But, I am confused and scared.” Seungri thought to himself. The voice seems to hear him as the voice spoke again.

Why are you scared?

“Because I fear that I will no longer be me if I remembered everything.”  Seungri replied, shocked that the voice knew what he is thinking.

Why not? Denial will only cause more pain won't it? So why?

“Because I hate my past...” Seungri said softly.

But can't you see from the very beginning you were not you… not your true self… if you deny who you are, what you are, aren't you just denying yourself?

“You are wrong! It is not like that! I am not an arrogant and ill-mannered person. And I will never become one!”  Seungri argued, his voice rising.

You say that, but you are still scared… I can tell… You must accept it… who you really are… how you really feel… your true self… the façade must end… so tell me who are you really?

“I am… Seungri… V.I.. Lee Seung-hyun.”

At that moment, Seungri heard footsteps walking towards him.

Seungri turned around and strained his eyes to see the dark figure walking towards him.

When the figure stood in front of him, Seungri was staring in mixed horror and curiosity.  

Seungri couldn’t believe to see…himself standing before another Seungri.

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xuBJ6Xi2p8

 

For the last scene I used the front part of Seungri's strong baby performace in big show 2010.

In big show 2010, it shows that Seungri killed his younger self and came out a man.

Stay tuned to see what that Seungri is going to do with the other Seungri.

Are you able to guess it?

=)