Chapter 44

Big Bang

Chapter 44

 

Every so often a car would pass by, splashing through the puddles left by the rain. At one of the windows in YG building, stood a dark haired boy, staring out at the quiet street. Tae Yang had been sitting at the window sill for the last three hours now, just staring blankly at the deserted street.

His mind busy with how to prove that TOP was the one who had heard his conversation with Dae Sung. Feeling frustrated that he could not come up with any ideas, Tae yang noticed a rat running towards the rubbish bin, scavenging for food.Tae yang then took a pebble from the potted plant near him and aimed at the rat while he looked on dispassionately as the rat ran away from his sight.

Disappointed that the pebble did not caused any damage to the rat, Tae Yang glanced over at G Dragon, who was sitting at the end of the room, busy telling Seungri something seriously. Anyone would think G Dragon was telling Seungri the dos and don’ts for the musical premiere they are going to attend later, but Tae Yang knew better.

Tae Yang grinned as he saw G Dragon trying to force all the information he knew about Seungri’s past projects into Seungri’s mind by making Seungri answer his questions repeatly.

He knew why G Dragon was so edgy. The media is still sensitive about Dae Sung’s incident and he did not want any mishaps to happen to bring down both big bang’s reputation and the plan to bring Seungri back into big bang.

G Dragon could easily come up with an excuse to decline the invitation to Hyun Seng’s musical premiere. But Tae Yang knew that G Dragon is too soft hearted to do that because it is Hyun Seng’s debut musical and the media might make this an excuse to start some baseless rumours if big bang did not come and give Hyun Seng some support.

Tae Yang scowled at the mere thought of Hyun Seng betraying him that day. Suddenly an idea came into his mind when he remembered the conversation he had with Dae Sung.

“Do you still refuse to join me if I start to target Seungri once again?”

A small smirk wormed its way on to Tae Yang's face. TOP would certainly keep an eye on Seungri if he indeed heard the conversation.

Tae Yang decided with a twinge of satisfaction, a hint of a crooked smile teasing his lips as he continued to observe the window.The sun had just begun to set. The final golden rays bathed the flushed sky with a dimming glow. Soon the reds and the golds would be painted over with twilight's palette of dusty blues and purples until the most final color of all arrived, black. It was only fitting when darkness took away the red and gold of the sun which symbolizes victory.

Tae Yang’s eyes shining in excitement as he had a feeling that it would be a very long night.

***

Seungri stared at the notepad in his hands, trying to make sure that he had not missed out any information that G Dragon told him to memorise.

Seungri sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't looking forward to the musical premiere. The mere thought of Tae Yang and Hyun Seng together is a good enough reason for him to not attend the event. But, there’s no way he could tell G Dragon this. Seungri sighed once more as he couldn't think of anyone except for Dae Sung who could possibly understand how he felt.

Seungri shook his head to clear his thoughts. 'Don't panic! You won't be able to go through this if you think like that!" his mind yelled at him. But Seungri didn't really know how else he was supposed to think. There’s no way he could run away from the both of them. Seungri knew that it is a matter of time before they made their move. Seungri wanted to ignore Dae Sung’s advice on telling him to stay low but he could not help but to agree to Dae Sung’s advice. There’s no way he could fight this battle alone.

Seungri was brought out of his thoughts when he felt G Dragon placed a hand on his shoulder. "Seungri."

Seungri looked up at G Dragon and saw G Dragon looking at him with a worried expression, noticing the crowd outside the limousine.

"Time to go." G Dragon said as quietly.

Seungri took a deep breath. He and G Dragon glanced at each other before they got out of the limousine and made their way towards the huge crowd.

The fans caught sight of them first. They screamed in excitement, rushing forward towards them like a huge tidal wave.

"It's him! It's really him!"

"It's Seungri!"

“G Dragon oppa!”

While the fans were being blocked by a group of bodyguards, the reporters took the chance to make their way to the front, their mikes held out in front of them as they bombarded Seungri and G Dragon with questions while others directed their video cameras at them.

“Seungri, please explain your disappearance for the past 3 years.”

“G Dragon, is Seungri going solo since you have announced that big bang is now a band of four members?”

“G Dragon, please give us some information about Dae Sung’s condition.”

There were more than a dozen cameras flashing at him, Seungri took a deep breath, resisting the urge to look away from the camera flashes.

Seungri felt G Dragon gave a slight push on his back. G Dragon whispered to him.

"Ignore them, Seungri. Just keep walking."

Seungri gave a slight nod and started to walk towards the entrance of the concert hall, G Dragon walking beside him.

“What are the titles of the two musical projects you did?” G Dragon asked, trying to test whether Seungri still remembered what he memorised.

“Sonagi and Shouting.” Seungri answered confidently.

There was a short silence, and then G Dragon eyed Seungri curiously.

"I'm surprised at you, Seungri."

Seungri looked up, taken aback.

"Why?" he asked.

"I thought you would ask me about Hyun Seng when you knew that we are attending the musical premiere.” G Dragon said in a loud whisper.

Seungri stiffened before he shrugged and slid his hands into his pockets.

“Hyun Seng is just a celebrity isn’t he?” Seungri asked, faking a perfect look of confusion.

G Dragon fell quiet and nodded his head before he looked at Seungri.

"Hyun Seng isn’t just a celebrity.” G Dragon commented. "Hyun Seng was actually the sixth member of big bang. But he was cut from the group in a final elimination.”

Seungri nodded, but didn't say more.

"I thought you would like to have this, in case you wanted to recall your past memories.” G Dragon said awkwardly.

Seungri looked at G Dragon taking out a piece of paper from the back of his pants.

As soon as Seungri took the piece of paper from G Dragon, he realised that it wasn't paper, but something that felt a lot thicker. It was folded over. Seungri opened up the paper and realised that it is a photograph. Seungri’s eyes were fixed on the photo that was taken when the six of them were trainees.

Seungri seemed to contemplate for a moment, before directing a smile at G Dragon. “Thanks…” Seungri said softly. “This might come in useful if I try to recall my past memories.”

G Dragon gave Seungri a casual grin in return. “Your welcome.”

"G Dragon hyung!" A voice interrupted G Dragon and Seungri and both of them turned to where the voice came from.

Seungri felt his heart give an unpleasant leap in his chest as he sees Hyun Seng quietly gave some orders to a security guard before proceeding to greet some of the people present in the concert hall.

Smiling, Hyun Seng ascended to where Seungri and G Dragon stood.

Hyun Seng greeted G Dragon before turning towards Seungri with a devilish spark in his eyes, he extended his hand. "Welcome back, Seungri."

Seungri eyed the proffered hand, and after it was not withdrawn he reluctantly extended his own.

Hyun Seng suddenly caught sight of Tae Yang and TOP walking towards his direction. Noticing G Dragon walking towards Tae Yang, Hyun Seng took a moment to contemplate how he should warn Seungri about the situation he would soon be in.

"Seungri" Hyun Seng began, securing Seungri's hand in his, and then he pulled Seungri closer to him and placed his face near Seungri’s ear, "I would watch my back if I were you.”

Seungri remained rigid, jaw tightly set, eyes trapped on Hyun Seng as he felt Hyun Seng slowly released the grip on his hand and proceed to greet TOP and Tae Yang.

 Seungri didn't move. He was frozen in place, as he stared at where Hyun Seng stood moments ago. The words that the Hyun Seng had said came swimming back to him.

"I would watch my back if I were you.”