Chapter 64

Big Bang

Chapter 64

 

Keeping himself concealed the best he could with a cap, Hyun Seng waited for TOP to leave Dae Sung’s room.

Hyun Seng tried to look as normal as possible, hoping not to get noticed by TOP or anyone in the hospital as TOP finally came into view. Hyun Seng’s heart was beating rather loudly, but TOP was oblivious. Turning round, Hyun Seng pulled the cap nearer to his face, observing TOP closed the door firmly behind him.

When the sound of TOP’s footsteps faded away, Hyun Seng cautiously made his way into Dae Sung’s room.

After Hyun Seng entered Dae Sung’s room, he cautiously moved towards Dae Sung’s bed, ready to run at the slightest hint that someone is approaching Dae Sung’s room, but all was quiet. Once Hyun Seng reached Dae Sung’s bed, he stood quietly, looking down on the figure lying motionlessly on the bed.

Hyun Seng looked at Dae Sung's face, feeling the lump grow at the back of his throat as he looked intently at the person who told him that he is still part of big bang, no matter what happens.

Hyun Seng looked Dae Sung for a while before slidding his hands into his pockets and aimed the gun at Dae Sung.

Hyun Seng took a deep breath and spoke to the still figure lying on the bed.

"I don't know if it's true that you can hear others when you're in a coma state. I don't really know if you can hear and understand me, but I don't have any other choice right now. I don't even know what to say." Hyun Seng said in a voice that was close to a whisper.

“I do not wish to kill you, but it has to be this way, I’m sorry…” Hyun Seng took a deep breath to try and control his wildly beating heart and gripping the gun tightly with a shaking hand as he said the last words to Dae Sung.

Hyun Seng was fighting with himself when he was about to pull the trigger. One part of him wanted to quit and let go, but the other part of him was holding on and refusing to let go.

Hyun Seng was panicking, he gripped the gun tightly once more and aimed at Dae Sung, trying to rationalise that he was stopping Dae Sung from suffering from his coma until he noticed Dae Sung’s little finger started to twitch a little.

The resolve to kill Dae Sung was fast dissipating, and Hyun Seng stood irresolutely in front of Dae Sung with the gun half-raised.

Annoyed with himself, Hyun Seng sobered, willing himself to stay in control. He didn't fully understand why a small reaction from Dae Sung could make him feel guilty. Grimacing to himself, Hyun Seng tried to push all thoughts from his mind, his usual serious expression flitting into place. But he couldn't stay solemn for long.Instantly, Hyun Seng's eyes morphed, heated with a coalescence of shame, guilt, fear and suffering. And when Hyun Seng spoke, his voice carried the weight of his sorrow.

"Dae Sung Hyung, how I wish I am you right now. All you have to do is just spend your time lying on the bed. You are free of criticism, free of mixed feelings and free of mind games… “Hyun Seng had to take a shuddering breath to keep his emotions back.

Hyun Seng could remember his trainee days in YG Entertainment as if it were yesterday. Every single one of them were supporting each other despite the competition to be selected as final members of Big Bang. Even though there were sad and depressing moments, there were bright and cheery moments that it had been so magical that the atmosphere itself seemed to glitter. If he had thought about it, it was their passion for music and dream to be a singer that had first linked them so inextricably together.

But now, everything had changed.

"If I could go back in time, I would make everything right, but I can't. It’s too late right now...”  Hyun Seng spoke in a raspy whisper. “The only thing I could do is to end everything.”

When Hyun Seng aimed the gun at Dae Sung once more, the faint, yet distinctive, sound of someone approaching made Hyun Seng pocketed the gun back to his pocket immdediately. His timing was flawless. Just as he placed the gun in his pocket, the door creaked open and Hyun Seng listened to the nimble footsteps of the approaching person until he felt a hand upon his shoulder.

“Hyun Seng, what are you doing over here?”  TOP asked as he was looking suspiciously at Hyun Seng.

"I’m just paying Dae Sung hyung a visit before the press conference begins" Hyun Seng answered, his voice betraying no emotion.

“I see…”  TOP replied, still suspicious with Hyun Seng’s reply. It is impossible to decipher whether Hyun Seng was lying or not and it is impossible to decipher what is going on in Hyun Seng’s mind. Till now, TOP has no idea whose side Hyun Seng was with. TOP had seen Hyun Seng with Tae Yang when Tae Yang attacked Dae Sung and Seungri. But, Hyun Seng had played a role in saving them too.

Hyun Seng moved past TOP and headed towards the door.

"Hyun Seng, whose side are you with?" TOP asked as he turned a light degree, enough to watch Hyun Seng from the corner of his thinned eyes.

Hyun Seng stopped next to the door, his hand on the door handle and peered over his shoulder back at TOP. "I am on my own." The door in front of Hyun Seng opened, without looking at TOP, Hyun Seng exited the room with a final click.

While TOP watched Hyun Seng leave the room, he felt a strange flutter of nerves in the pit of his stomach. But he had no idea why.

***

Hyun Seng hastened his pace as he walked along the long passageways in the hospital. He clenched his fists hard as he walked faster. He couldn't help but get worked up.

Hyun Seng felt his blood pound heavily in his ears as he recalled how Tae Yang had practically wrapped his life around his finger. The thought of how Tae Yang made him deal with Seungri made him feel sick. Hyun Seng was tired of everything. The sight of Dae Sung being in a coma made him feels guilty. In addition, the presence of Seungri reminds him of all the things he had done.

It was painful.

Once Hyun Seng had got out of the hospital, he sighed and he stood in silence, pondering deeply while he raised his gaze towards the darkening sky.

After a few minutes, Hyun Seng came to a decision. He is going to fulfil what he had said to Dae Sung. With the gun in his hand, he will end everything.

After sending a message to Tae Yang, his phone started to vibrate. Hyun Seng hesitated for a moment when he realized who was calling him, before jabbing the button to answer the call.

“Hyun Seng! Where are you?! The press conference is going to start in less than an hour!" A masculine voice spoke from the other line.

"Manager Hyung….” Hyun Seng said quietly,” I need to talk to Seungri.”

***

Seungri watched the darkening sky quietly, his eyes fixed on the window in the waiting room before him.

He wasn't sure why he felt so nervous. He wanted the press conference to be a success so that everything will go back to normal, yet he had a feeling that something was going to mess it all up.

"Feeling nervous?”

Seungri glanced to his side to find G Dragon standing beside him, scrutinising him with his eyes.

Before Seungri could answer G Dragon, a polite series of short knocks on the door made Seungri shifted his attention towards the door.

The door opened and Seungri was more than surprised to see Hyun Seng’s temporary manager standing at his door.

“Seungri,” Hyun Seng’s temporary manager greeted before he glanced at G Dragon.

Taking the hint, G Dragon placed a calming hand on Seungri’s shoulder before leaving the room.

After G Dragon left the room, Seungri turned his attentin towards Hyun Seng’s temporary manager with a raised eyebrow, "What is it?"

Seungri wasn't sure if he was imagining it or not but he thought Hyun Seng’s temporary manager looked a little nervous. Hyun Seng’s temporary manager didn't wait to speak on the phone himself and instead handed the phone over to Seungri as soon as the green 'call' button was pushed.

"Here, talk" he said as he pushed the phone into Seungri's hands, a concern look on his face. "It's for you."

Seungri's heart sank in his stomach as he took the phone with a shaking hand. He didn't know what was wrong, but Hyun Seng's temporary manager’s expression made him feel distressed.

Seungri quickly brought the phone to his ear in time for it to be answered and he heard Hyun Seng's voice fill his ear.

“Seungri,” Hyun Seng sounded close to breaking down, his voice was a strained whisper,” You were my beloved friend. And yet, you are the one I hated the most.”

Seungri didn't reply, but he knew Hyun Seng was breaking down. He could hear it in his chocked breaths.

“I wander when we became enemies…” Hyun Seng said and Seungri could imagine the sad smile on Hyun Seng's face.

“Seungri, come over to the roof top of the old YG building.” Hyun Seng’s voice was a lot stronger now, but Seungri could feel the hurt in the tone Hyun Seng was speaking in. “Let’s end everything once and for all.”

"Hyun Seng Hyung…" Seungri stopped talking as he heard the sound of the phone being disconnected.

"Seungri! What happened? What did Hyun Seng say? Where is he?” Hyun Seng’s temporary manager spoke urgently as he tried to get answers from Seungri.

Seungri remained silent for a moment before he placed the phone on the table and looked at Hyun Seng’s temporary manager.

“I’m going to look for Hyun Seng Hyung at the roof top of the old YG building” Seungri said in a small voice before he walked towards the back door in the waiting room.

Hyun Seng’s temporary manager felt cold dread creep into him. He couldn't let Seungri leave like this. It doesn’t matter if both of them just throw away their remaining chance to remain in the entertainment industry. But his own career will be at stake if he let Seungri leave right under his nose.

Hyun Seng’s temporary manager reached for the door, preventing Seungri from leaving.

"If you leave like this, it will be the end of your career." Hyun Seng’s temporary manager said as he took a step near Seungri. He hoped that he could somehow talk Seungri out of this.

With great difficulty, Seungri looked at Hyun Seng’s temporary manager and smiled sadly at him.

"I know" Seungri said, as if each word was costing him more than he could give.

Without warning Seungri lashed out and struck Hyun Seng’s temporary manager in the face. Hyun Seng’s temporary manager was knocked out instantly and Seungri caught him before he hit the ground and gently lowered him to the ground.

"Sorry," Seungri whispered before standing up.

Seungri looked at the room for the last time before heading towards the back door Without a backward glance, Seungri left to where Hyun Seng was.

***

A gust of wind blew past them, causing Hyun Seng and Tae Yang to tremble slightly due to the cold.

“Tae Yang Hyung, you are finally here…” Hyun Seng spoke coldly, his grip tightening on the gun in his pocket. Even so, a flicker of a small smile played on his lips. For once, the odds were even. For once, he had a fighting chance, more than a fighting chance. He was going to enjoy this and drag Tae Yang down with him.

“Shouldn’t you be at the conference?” Tae Yang replied with maddening calmness.

Hyun Seng ignored him and walked as calmly as he could towards Tae Yang and raised the gun to point at Tae Yang.

“Yes, I’m supposed to be at the conference…” Hyun Seng said at last, his mind flickering back to his initiation. “But, I had enough with everything. It’s time to end everything.”

Tae Yang’s face was white when he saw Hyun Seng pulled the trigger.

A gun shot rang out and over a few kilometres away, Dae Sung who was in a coma had finally woken up.