Chapter 42

Big Bang

Chapter 42

 

Seungri watched in silence as TOP paced the corridor in front of the hospital surgery room, his hands balled into fists, head bowed either in distressed thoughts or silent prayers. TOP's clothes were still stained with Dae Sung's blood but TOP didn't seem to notice. He was too busy waiting for the doctor to come out of the room and deliver Dae Sung's fate.

Seungri looked up at G Dragon who was sitting across from him. G Dragon was watching TOP as well. Next to G Dragon were Se7en and Sandara, they were sitting with their heads lowered, not a word was spoken amongst them.

Seungri couldn't believe what had happened. Dae Sung was alive and kicking when Dae Sung and he had a chat in the morning and the news of Dae Sung in the hospital shocked him greatly.

Seungri found himself praying that Dae Sung will be alright. After all, they are bandmates and Dae Sung had treated him quite nicely when he shared a room with him.

The doors at the end of the corridor banged open catching everyone's attention. They swung around to see Tae Yang rushing towards them. His breaths coming in ragged gasps as he stood in front of G Dragon. Tae Yang’s red rimmed eyes were searching G Dragon.

“G Dragon! I just saw your message.” Tae Yang said, tears in his voice.

G Dragon got up and was at Tae Yang's side in a matter of seconds. Tae Yang took one look at G Dragon before turning to him and collapsing in his arms in sobs.

"G Dragon!" Tae Yang cried. "Dae Sung! He's…he's…!" Tae Yang was sobbing hard and couldn't get his words out.

"Shh, it'll be alright. Dae Sung will be alrgiht." G Dragon comforted Tae Yang while embracing him.

A few minutes passed with only the sound of G Dragon’s gentle words echoing in the corridor. At last the door opened and an exhausted doctor walked out. Se7en and TOP raced towards the doctor while the rest rose out of their seats and eyed the doctor, each praying that he had good news.

"Doctor!" Se7en called out as he rushed towards the grey haired doctor. "Dae Sung! Is Dae Sung okay?" he asked with desperation in his voice.

The doctor looked at him with a solemn expression, making everyone hold their breaths.

“We have done everything we could for Dae Sung. He has a punctured lung caused by a broken rib due to the accident and he had lost quite a lot of blood. His other injuries weren't as life threatening but still weakened him. We have repaired his lung as best we could but…" The doctor faltered here and took a good look at Se7en who is distressed right now. The doctor shook his head before going on. "I'm sorry, Dae Sung has slipped into a coma. His chances for a full recovery are not good. I'm sorry to tell you this but there is a good chance he may never recover from the coma. I'm sorry." The doctor said as TOP suddenly grabbed the doctor by his white robes and started yelling at him, not caring about his image as a celebrity.

"No, no, Doctor! No, this can't…you have to do something. Please, save Dae Sung." TOP begged.

"I'm really sorry. We will do our best but I have to be honest with you. There is no point in giving you false hopes." The doctor said with remorse before walking away.

As the doctor walked away, G Dragon turned around and hugged Tae yang. Both of them collapsed on to the ground, crying in each others arms. Sandara was making no effort to hide her tears as she attempted to comfort G Dragon and Tae Yang while Se7en ran to follow the doctor, obviously trying to discuss other possible treatments for Dae Sung.

Seungri felt his heart ache horribly as he watched G Dragon and Tae Yang cry over the terrible outcome of Dae Sung. He didn't know what he was feeling. He was in unimaginable pain at the thought of Dae Sung being in a coma forever, even though he had just spent just a few days with Dae Sung as room mates. But it was the sorrow he felt for G Dragon and Tae yang that was confusing him. It hurt so much to see them in pain, to see their tears and not be able to do anything. He could feel their anguish. Even the grief of Sandara was affecting him.

Seungri looked away from the three of them to see TOP still standing where he was. Seungri saw the fear in TOP's eyes as he stood transfixed. TOP’s eyes were locked on where the doctor stood before the doctor walked away and TOP was reliving what the doctor had just said about Dae Sung. Seungri could clearly see the desperation in TOP to prove the doctor wrong. To be able to do something, anything that could save his friend's life. Unfortunately, there are some things that cannot be controlled by the power of science and technology, no matter how advanced it is nowadays and it was at this realisation that TOP lost his inner battle. TOP suddenly turned around and fled.

Seungri took one step behind TOP but was stopped by Sandara.

"Let him go. This is how he deals." Sandara said in a sad voice.

Seungri listened to Sandara and let TOP leave the hospital. He could only imagine how TOP was feeling.

***

TOP didn't stop running until he reached the main door of the hospital. When TOP felt the familiar gust of wind whipped at his face and hair, he finally stopped, wiping away hot tears. He hadn't realized that he was crying.

TOP closed his eyes and leaned back against the hard cold wall as the dull throbbing in his head clouded his vision. Images of Dae Sung appeared in his mind until he snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a familiar name being spoken. TOP's head jerked up as he heard the name 'Dae Sung'. He turned his head and saw a few steps ahead of him were a group of nurses smoking at the smoking area.

The nurses were gossiping rather loudly though and TOP couldn't block out their conversation.

“Dae Sung seems to always have an involvement in car accidents. Few years ago, Dae Sung killed a motorist and now, he ended up in a coma in this accident.”

“Is this what people called reputation?”

“But, other than injuries from the accident, there are also injuries that seemed to be involved in fighting.”

“Dae Sung sure is a mysterious person isn’t he? Not is he being involved in car accidents, he also involved in fighting?”

“What can you expect? Dae Sung is close to TOP. Don’t forget, TOP was labelled as a juvenile delinquent. Dae Sung must have been influenced by him.”

TOP tried really hard to control the rage that was engulfing him on the inside as he kept on walking, his mind was focused on getting back to Dae Sung’s hospital room.

While TOP was walking back to Dae Sung’s hospital room, TOP frozed in place as a wisp of a memory of the conversation between Dae Sung and another person appeared at the back of his mind. There was only one thing ringing in his ears. The words that had made his blood run cold.

“Do you still refuse to join me if I start to target Seungri once again?”

TOP’s mind was swimming with disturbing thoughts.Dae Sung seems to know something and Seungri will be the next victim.

TOP quickly whipped out his phone and called his manager.

“Manager hyung, I’m giving you a secret mission. I don’t care what method you use. I’m giving you 3 days to search whether anyone had seen Dae Sung near Gwanghwamun Square. ”

After TOP ended his conversation with his manager, TOP lowered his phone in his hand, clenching his phone so tightly that his knuckles were white. TOP’s mouth was twisted in anger and the look in his eyes was murderous.

"That person doesn't know who he's up against. If that person wants to play," TOP smirked, "then we'll play."


My hair is standing when I imagined what will happen in the future chapters. Let's hope that I could write what is going in my mind well enough. Rest assured that Dae Sung will wake up from his coma.

=)