Chapter 57

Big Bang

Chapter 57

 

While Seungri walked along the corridor, the suffocating heat due to anger and hatred didn't leave him. Seungri was struck by a sudden urge to destroy something, to destroy everything. He wanted to tear the photos from the walls and and trample them until they were indecipherable. He wanted to topple over the many displays that lined along the corridor.

However, Seungri stopped himself from doing so. Destroying objects along the corridor would only lead to more scolding and punishment from President YG. Seungri took a couple of deep breath to calm himself, while his mind remained fully functioning, calculating his next move.

In the meantime, it was the most he could do to contain his anger, hatred and frustration in the situation he was in.

While he was calculating about his next move, a fly suddenly appeared in a buzzing, erratic flight, but it was its last, for with a quick movement, Seungri used his right hand and crushed the fly as hard as he could and the fly dropped dead on the floor in front of him.

Seungri was thinking of Hyun Seng when he crushed the fly.

If only it was so easy…

If only it was so easy to get rid of someone who was destroying your life as well as his own…

***

It was about to rain.

Sandara drew her knees up to her chest and let out a long dreary sigh on the floor in her favourite training room. She fell into a slump to the side as she racked her mind about the conversation she had heard in Café Latte and the recent article published in the magazine about Seungri and Hyun Seng.

As the seconds passed, Sandara’s thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door opened. Sadara didn't have the mood to move so she turned her head and saw Seungri entering the training room.

Seungri just stood a few distance away from the door when he spotted Sandara in the training room, but made no move to go inside. Sandara stood up and moved a step towards him but came no nearer. An awkward and very uncomfortable silence fell between them.

"I didn't know you were here," Seungri said awkwardly, as he tried to serach for the right words. “I’ll go…”

"Seungri!" Sandara spoke worriedly as she tugged at his arm. “I just get to know about that article. Can you please tell me what happened? If there’s something bothering you, we can fix this…"

Seungri didn't respond and for long minutes he simply stared at Sandara. When he spoke, Sandara could detect a note of bitterness beneath his words that deepened with each syllable.

“Don’t bother about me. Just go and calm your boyfriend down. He’s in a feisty mood today.”

"Boyfriend?" Sandara said in slight surprise. "Who is my boyfriend?"

Seungri rolled his eyes. "Sandara noona, are you kidding me? Are you making me tell you that G Dragon Hyung is your boyfriend?" He said sarcastically.

“G Dragon is not my boyfriend.”  Sandara corrected automatically. “We are just friends working under the same company.”

Seungri scoffed at Sandara’s answer.

“Is that so?” Seungri asked in irritation, unable to help feeling hurt. He raised an eyebrow, his sarcastic tone returning as he gazed at the Sandara with his dark eyes. “Who could believe that you and G Dragon Hyung are not an item when some of the songs that were written by G Dragon hyung were inspired by you, Sandara noona. To add on, both of you are rather close. Even Dae Sung Hyung thought the same way too.”

"How do I have to explain and make you believe that G Dragon and I are just friends?!" Sandara flung her hands into the air helplessly.

Seungri was silent for a moment, before he raised his eyes and looked at Sandara with serious black eyes. "Fine then, what if G Dragon Hyung confessed to you? What will be your answer?"

His words threw her. Not even Park Bom had been so blunt with her

"There’s no way that G Dragon would confess to me." Sandara replied in annoyance. "It’s like what I had said, we are just friends."

"You're so blind," Seungri said coldly. "You and G Dragon Hyung have known each other for so long, yet you don’t know what is in his mind. Do you even know him at all?"

Sandara opened , and once again, Seungri went on before she could even think of an answer.

"And don't give me rubbish about you and G Dragon Hyung are just friends. Writing songs have always been G Dragon hyung’s ways of expressing his feelings. Especially to the people he loves. Do you know that?”

Seungri finally stopped, his breaths heavy and quick. Sandara was gaping at him in astonishment, hardly aware that her eyes were beginning to glisten from the threat of tears.

Seungri was shocked when he saw tears about to escape from Sandara’s eyes. "Noona…"

"You are a bastard, Seungri," Sandara managed, making no effort to mask her distaste as she looked at Seungri in anger. "An absolute bastard."

And with that, Sandara spun on her heel and walked towards the door. However, she was stopped when Seungri embraced her tightly from behind, pressing his hard chest against her back and his arms around her shoulders.

"Ah?" Sandara was flabbergasted by the unexpected hug from Seungri. "Seungri…What on earth are you doing?"

Seungri squeezed his eyes shut, trying to forget about Hyun Seng, his revenge and what happened in the morning, and his head fell upon her frail shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Seungri murmured loosely, burying his face in the crook of her neck, drowning in her soft, familiar fragrance that reminded him of floating in a wide, gentle ocean, where he gazed up dreamily into the deep, blue sky, and found a kind of forever tranquility.

“I’m sorry…”

"I am just a bit frustrated about what had happened recently…"

Sandara could feel her resolve to shove Seungri away from her slowly begin to disintegrate, revealing a new layer of confusion. She didn't understand. She didn't understand how Seungri could change so quickly. A moment ago, he was picking up a fight with her, the next moment, he became so fragile.

Sandara didn't dare to speak as they stayed in such pose for a while. And for the rest of the time they stood there, neither said a word as the only sound came from pouring rain.

***

Outside the training room, G Dragon had heard Seungri’s and Sandara’s conversation. He had been trying to find Seungri when he found out that Seungri had ended his talk with President YG. When he managed to find Seungri and was intending to enter the room, he heard a furious argument between Seungri and Sandara.A part of G Dragon knew he didn't want to hear any of this when he realised that the main topic is about him, but another part of him couldn't seem to break away and force himself to leave.

Noticing that the door was not closed properly, G Dragon pushed the door a little as he unbearably forced himself to catch a glimpse of Seungri hugging Sandara from behind.

G Dragon didn't stay to watch Sandara blushing as he turned, walking away from training room with a troubled expression on his face.