Number one

Overnight Love

The abrupt crow of a rooster pulled you from a pleasant dream, bringing  you back to reality. You opened yours eyes groggily, stretching out your limbs. You felt your right leg dangle over the edge of the narrow bed. Blinking in confusion, you sat up abruptly, taking in your strangely unfamiliar surroundings. Why am I here? You thought with a bewildered expression upon seeing the characteristic colours of Min Hyuk's room. I must have fallen asleep in his room, you thought with a embarrassed blush on your cheeks. Thank goodness the room was empty. You glanced at the clock; it was now 10 in the morning. He must have already left for training. Crawling off the sofa carefully, you opened the door, peeking into the hallway. When the coast was clear, you crept back to your room, hoping that no one saw you in his room. After washing up, you headed downstairs for breakfast. When you passed by the stairwell, an elderly attendant by the name of Alfie was dusting the walls. She was petite , her curled grey locks tied up in a bun. She had a warm, unassuming smile that matched her affectionate demeanor. "morning young mistress!" she called out with a distinct warm busan accent that always made your day. "Morning Alfie!" you exclaimed with an enthusiastic wave. She then gave you an unusual smile, as if the both of you shared a private secret. Dismissing it, you headed towards the dining room. Soon you began to notice a baffling phenomenon. All the attendants seemed to be giving you knowing smiles coupled with coy expressions. It was driving you crazy! As the young attendant, whose name was hye won served you a platter of toast, you pulled on her sleeve gently. The both of you seemed to have already established a new growing friendship. "why is everyone smiling at me like that?!" You whispered into her ear.  She giggled quietly, and pulled you into the kitchen. "well?" you probed impatiently. Slowly, she began to tell you of the day's earlier events... 3 hours ago.... It's already 7 in the morning; I'd better go wake young master up, Alfie thought to herself. Holding min Hyuk's packed breakfast in a tin box, she trudged up the stairs. The day's chores ran through her head as she mentally organized her thoughts. She turned the knob and entered the room. The first thing she saw was a weary looking you snuggled comfortably on the sofa opposite min Hyuk's bed. Stunned, she dropped the tin box and froze in her tracks. Colliding with the marble floor, the box clanged harshly and rolled around. Upon hearing the sharp sound, you twitched and turned in your sleep. "shhh Alfie, don't wake her up", minhyuk whispered while exiting the bathroom. Alfie picked up the box robotically, an expression of curiosity painted on her wrinkled face. "the storm last night caused a blackout. She fell asleep in my room after we switched on the electricity, and while we were waiting out the storm. She's afraid of lighting", he explained cautiously. Letting out a sigh of understanding, Alfie walked over to the sofa and pulled the blanket up to your chest, tucking you in. Pushing a strand of hair out of your face, she said:" she's a keeper," before smiling coyly at him... "What??!?" you shouted in disbelief at hye won. Patting your shoulder comfortingly, she shot you a last smirk before leaving you to your breakfast. This isn't good... You thought in embarrassment. " young mistress, young master wants me to tell you that you'll be visiting sir in the hospital after his training", Alfie exclaimed politely. You nodded meekly, too embarrassed to even look her directly in the eye.  After breakfast, you decided to explore the house. You ventured into the most distant wing of the house, one that was more quiet and empty. The long corridor led to a single wooden door that was huge. You gingerly pushed it open to reveal a library! The library was round, and comprised of 2 levels! The first had tall shelves of hard covered books, while the second was a spacious reading loft. You clapped your hands in glee, and ran off to pick a book. For the next  few hours, you immersed yourself in a classic novel-pride and prejudice. Curled up on one of the comfy bean bag sofas on the loft, you started to read. Many hours passed that you were unaware of.  "I see you found the library," a smiling voice pulled you from your fiction world of Victorian times. The beanbag beside you Lunged underneath his weight. "why didn't anyone tell me we had a library?" you asked curiously, looking up at his face. With a small smile, he started playing with the edges of the book in his hands. "father used to come here a lot before he was ill. He would grab a good book to escape from his work stress, and also I guess to ponder over life and your family. So since he fell sick, the library has always been left quiet." he explained carefully. "but I've always Been sneaking in; just to think about life", he added mysteriously. "what about life?" you asked meekly, looking into his eyes. His eyes met yours at the unexpected question, and you saw a flicker of hesitation. "it's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.." you began to say, avoiding the awkward silence. "No, it's alright. Well, being a trainee is really hard. I mean before we had our debut schedule, we were practically training without any promise that we'll eventually debut. I would come here to think whenever I felt that maybe it wasn't worth it to pursue this dream of mine. But Now, I can finally see the goal of my striving" He said with full emotions, leaving you swelling with pride. "hey, just know that I'll always be your number one fan oppa " you exclaimed with a bright smile, proud of his perseverance. "my number one fan?" he asked curiously. "you know, your first and most loyal fan", you explained with rosy pink cheeks, slightly embarrassed at this hidden confession. Min Hyuk Looked at you with eyes full of Gratitude. Giggling to yourself, you asked:" aren't you going to say something?" with a playful smirk and twinkling eyes, he opened his mouth to say something. "call me oppa again!"  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~