Army

Overnight Love

“Don’t worry, we’re on our way”
“I’m really sorry for making you guys come all this at way at such short notice”, Minhyuk sighed over the telephone. There was a rustle over the other end and another voice came to the phone.
“It’s alright hyung. We told you we’d always have your back, especially if it concerns our Miyoung and her happiness”
Minhyuk smiled slightly, biting down on his lower lip. Another shuffle and a distinct softer voice came to the phone.
“We’ll see you soon hyung”
“Don’t let the party start without us”
“Take care of Miyoung”
Multiple voices exclaimed simultaneously before the phone call came to an end.

As Minhyuk put down the receiver, Eunkwang walked into the kitchen. “Are they coming?” He asked anxiously. “They’re on their way”, Minhyuk reported with a reassuring smile. However, the expression on the BTOB leader’s face remained one of worry, a frown etched onto his face. “What’s wrong kwang?” Minhyuk asked, slightly desperate as he knew that something was indeed up. They were interrupted by Ilhoon who burst into the kitchen, changsub following after. “Hyung!! There’s a bunch of reporters crowding around the house next door”, Ilhoon gasped for breath. “It’s the paparazzi. Someone must have called them”, Changsub explained as he shared a knowing look with Minhyuk. “B.A.P”, Minhyuk muttered under his breath. “What are they up to now”, he growled. “We’d better tell Exo to come by the back gate”, Hyunsik urgently picked up his cellphone to call his bestfriend, Kyungsoo (D.O) as the BTOB members waited patiently.

You stirred in your sleep at the commotion, finally prying your eyes open. The double vision cleared and you blinked in disbelief. For a moment, you had seen big-eyed Kyungsoo hovering over you with a mug in his hands. But that couldn’t be it. You were miles and miles away from Seoul. “Wake up princess!” He called, and your eyes widened as you jumped out of the futon with a scream. You glanced around as guffaws and chuckles surrounded you. “WHAT IN THE WORLD. WHAT ARE YOU BOYS DOING HERE!!!!”You exclaimed, oblivious to the just-woke-up-disheveled state you were in. “Before we answer your questions, you’d better take that mug of hot cocoa from Kyungsoo”, your Godbrother Suho patted you on the head. “Oppa!!” You smiled brightly and pounced on him, “I want a hug tooooooo!!!!!!!”Sehun whined childishly and Sungjae shot him a glare. “Yahhh”,  he put Sehun in a headlock, as the younger thrashed around foolishly. Eunkwang chuckled and exchanged a fond look with EXO-M’s leader, Kris. “Time to stop fighting boys”, Kris smirked as both Peniel and Luhan pulled the younger boys apart. Minhyuk gave the first genuine smile of the day, and you shot him a smile in return. “We came as soon as we could after Eunkwang hyung called”, Suho explained, gesturing everyone to take a seat. “Oppa called exo?” You asked questioningly. “Why?” You added with a penetrating gaze. “We’re here to help you Miyoung”, Luhan ruffled your hair with an angelic smile. “And Minhyuk hyung too”, Chanyeol gave the elder what was supposed to be an assuring grin. “It’s B.A.P, we think they’re planning something”, Minhyuk explained with a frown. “To be specific, we think they’re going to tell the Media about your relationship”, Eunkwang added calmly. “That explains the horde of reporters outside”, Lay sighed from beside you. “The bunch of idiots”, Kai almost cursed in anger. You felt your insides boil with something that seemed to be a mixture of hurt, anger, disappointment and disbelief. Daehyun was supposed to be your best friend. Why would he do something like this? Shaking slightly at the extent of your emotions, you lowered your head to hide the dampening of your eyes. “We can’t let them do it”, you stammered slightly, voice quivering. “Mi young, are you okay?” Baekhyun prodded worriedly, reaching for a box of tissues as the other boys looked over anxiously. “Noona, don’t cry”, Tao whispered nervously as he got to his feet. Minhyuk felt his throat go dry as he quickly moved over to your side, guiding your head to the crook of his neck as his arms wrapped around quivering body. “Don’t cry”, he planted a kiss to your temple. “That’s why we’re all here. To protect you”, He smiled reassuringly. “I won’t let them hurt you Mi Young ah”, Kris growled slightly. “With all of us here, we’ll find a way to stop them”, Xiumin smiled valiantly, and Chen nodded in good faith. “Now all we need is a plan”, Eunkwang shot you a secret smile and you nodded in return. “Let me do it”, you exclaimed in a sturdier voice, ignoring the worried expressions on the boys’ faces. “This is my battle as much as it is all of yours”, a serious glint replaced the earlier orbs of sadness. “Our battle”, Minhyuk corrected your words as he reached for your hand. Fingers intertwined, you smiled courageously at Minhyuk, before turning to the other 18 boys around you. You were lucky, no blessed, to have these 18 wonderful brothers who were always ready to face your giants and fight your battles. But any battle, no matter how dangerous or promisingly, could only be won if you yourself are willing to fight it.

“First, we need some way to lure them out”, Baekyeon rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “With all the reporters outside, there’s no way for us to even confront them”, Hyunsik sighed and D.O handed him a cup of Hot chocolate too. “Heck, there’s no way we can even take one foot out of the house”, Kai grimaced. “Well, you guys can’t, but I can”, you whispered quietly. Immediately, you saw Minhyuk and Kris ready to object, but you glared at them knowingly. “There’s really no other way”, you explained, trying to reassure a worry-stricken Tao who was sitting on your other side. “As much as I don’t like it, noona’s right”, Sungjae eyed his hyungs nervously. “We need to find out what exactly B.A.P is planning”, Eunkwang looked at you with defeat. You looked around at the boys seated in a circle, each of them face downcast. “Cheer up guys. It’s not like anything will happen with the 19 of you next door”, You chuckled heartily, trying to lift the mood. “It’s not you I don’t trust. It’s them”, Minhyuk suddenly muttered and you bit down on your lower lip. “Don’t worry oppa. Any price for our happiness is worth it”, you said with a big smile. When he opened his mouth to object, you clamped your hand over his fist and squeezed it. “I promise I’ll be safe”, you patted his hair affectionately.

As the late afternoon sky started to darken, you draped on a big hooded jacket. Minhyuk walked into the room, wrapping his arms around your torso from behind. “If they try anything, speed dial me immediately”, he whispered in a anxious tone. You felt the corners of your lips turn upwards. Spinning around, you planted a chaste peck on his lips, catching him offguard. “I will oppa. Now stop worrying!”You teased. Minhyuk blushed slightly before ruffling your hair again. There was a knock on the door and it creaked open. “We have to go”, Luhan called gently.

Pulling on your hood, you grabbed a basket of apples at the pretence of visiting the neighbours. Surely the reporters wouldn’t suspect anything. With a deep breath, you turned to face the 19 boys to give them a reassuring nod. Then, you walked down the front lawn, earning a few curious looks from some weary looking reporters. Before they had the chance to question you, you nodded politely and disappeared behind the fence that linked the Jung House to yours.

“Hyung. That girl looked really familiar”, a young reporter called out to his supervisor, eyes trailing your disappearing frame. “Don’t be silly. It’s just a countryside girl”, The middle aged man waved him off dismissively, engrossed in lighting his cigarette. With a disbelieving shrug, the young boy tore his eyes away from you, fiddling on his camera instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So you confessed to her?” Himchan asked Daehyun expectantly. The younger boy nodded, a stiff expression on his face. “I’m guessing it didn’t go well”, Youngjae sighed empathetically. Yongguk patted Daehyun comfortingly. “Just a little while longer Dae. If everything goes according to our plan, you’ll get your revenge on them soon”, He explained with an aggressive glint in his eyes. There was no reply from Daehyun, as the younger stared off blankly into space. “Isn’t this what you want? Hyung?” Jongup probed in a tone that wasn’t entirely convinced. “Hu-huh? Yes-yes.” Daehyun muttered, snapping out of his thoughts. Both his hyungs and dongsaeng looked at him with concern. “Hyung, are you sure you want to do this?” Zelo asked worriedly, curling up on the sofa in Daehyun’s room. “We’ve already got your family to go on a short holiday, called over the reporters and prepared the photos. What’s left is for us to threaten BTOB”, Himchan smirked and shared a hi-5 with youngjae. “We’ll call out BTOB, and warn Minhyuk and Miyoung again that if they don’t want the media to get their hands on these photos, they’d have to break up”, Youngjae smiled almost sinisterly. “And then, hyung will be together with noona again!” Zelo gave Daehyun a small smile that the elder forced himself to return. Somehow he’s insides had been swimming with guilt, remorse and hesitation. Would this really work? Would Miyoung return to him even if they’d successfully broken the couple up? The image of Minhyuk and Miyoung swam to his mind and he spat distastefully. “All you have to do is to say the word Dae, and we’ll continue with the fun part”, Yongguk chuckled and gave Daehyun an expectant glare. Daehyun returned the leader’s enthusiasm with a nod. “It’s time”, he announced with a smirk.
 

Arriving on the Jung family’s footsteps, you knocked on the door expectantly. Thunder roared from above and you pushed the ominous sign out of your head. When no one came to the door, you shouted for Mr and Mrs Jung, but to no avail. Leaning against the door, you dismissively turned the doorknob and was caught offguard when the unlocked door swung open easily. You stared blankly at it for a second, the roar of thunder snapping you back to your senses. “I might as well go in”, you convinced yourself before stepping into the familiar living room. “Mrs Jung? Daehyun?” You called out tentatively, only to have your voice echo through the entire first floor. “Could they be upstairs?” You thought nervously, checking to see if your phone was in a reachable pocket. Taking a deep breath, you slowly climbed the stairs, careful not to make a sound. If the B.A.P boys were indeed at home, you weren’t sure that they would take to your arrival kindly. Noticing that a light was coming from the furthest room, of which the door was left ajar, you your lips nervously and crept towards it.

“We’ll call out to BTOB and warn Minhyuk and Miyoung again that if they don’t want the media to get their hands on these photos, they’d have to break up”, You heard a low gruff voice exclaiming. Stifling a gasp, you clamped a hand over your mouth. So that explained the herd of reporters roaming the front lawn. Controlling the anger rising within you, you forced yourself to listen on. “All you have to do is to say the word Dae, and we’ll continue with the fun part”. You sighed inaudibly, hoping to have faith restored in your bestfriend. “Please don’t do this Dae”, you whispered so softly you barely heard yourself. However you heard Daehyun’s approval, a signal that pierced your heart as soon as he muttered “It’s time”. Stifling a loud gasp, you took one step backwards, only to step on a extremely loose floorboard. Panic rose in your heart when the loud Creak echoed down the hallways. You should have run, but the panic rooted you to the spot, even as the door before you swung open.

“Miyoung”, the voice sent chills down your spine in a horrible way. 

 

I'm sorry this took so long guys! ^^ I got my results back last week and it killed my inspiration T.T But i'm fine now <3 All is good, and reading about how many of you have/had/are enjoying and supporthing this story has given me so much encouragement (: More than you guys would have ever expected! That's really the power that all of you have! TO EVERYONE who was guessing the backup to be BEAST, I really wish I could have made your dreams come true *Pouts! But because I'm trying to carve an ending to this story and journey, I didn't want to introduce new characters ): And sooo, we have EXO ^^ 
Exo is having their comeback nowwww so everyone please give them a listen and support them!!!! My heart is breaking trying to write BAP into bad boys ): I hope they are evil and sinister enough even though I love them in real lifeeee! A big Hi to my new subbies! welcome to the familyyyyyy~ and everyone leave me a comment if you want ^^ Love all of you!