The Plan

Overnight Love

 

You twitched slightly in your sleep, rolling sideways until the ivory cotton blanket was tangled around your ankles.  An audible whimper escaped your lips as beads of cold sweat rolled down the sides of your face. With a loud gasp, you sat up abruptly, shaken away by the disturbing image of Dae Hyun kissing you. Letting out another whimper, you slapped your cheeks with your cold hands. “Why would I dream about something like that?” You chided yourself frustratingly. There was no way you could go back to sleep now. You crawled off the bed, slipping on a pair of fuzzy cotton bedroom slippers.

Your footsteps brought you across the hall, stopping in front of a ginger oak door. Knocking on it gently, you gingerly twisted the doorknob. Your eyes adjusted to the dark shadows, and you swiftly walked towards the lump on the bed. “Oppa”, you whispered gently, feeling bad about having to wake him up. Min Hyuk’s eyelids fluttered open, as he rubbed his eyes lazily. “Mi Young? What are you doing here?” He asked voice raspy as he sat up abruptly. “Can I stay here with you, just…just for tonight?” You whispered, a pink tinge warming up your cheeks. You could feel Min Hyuk searching your face frantically for a sign of what might have happened. Sliding off the bed, he reached to hold your face in between his warm palms, fanning his thumbs across the thin veins on your pale cheeks. “Of course you can… But, are you alright?”He hummed comfortingly. “I just had a nightmare that’s all”, you mumbled rather sheepishly. The corners of his lips twitched upwards in a small smile. Chuckling softly, he ruffled your hair. “Come on”, he grinned, pulling you onto his bed. After tucking you under the fluffy cotton sheets, he turned to face you. “So… what exactly did you dream of Jagiya?” He teased a glint in his eyes. “Monsters? Or perhaps finding yourself onboard the scariest rollercoaster ride?” he chuckled, pinching your nose gently. You sighed, scrunching up your nose in response. “Something much worse”, you whispered, slightly trembling at the memory. You couldn’t possibly tell Minhyuk about your dream, not when it involved a certain other boy kissing you. After all, it was purely a dream, one that couldn’t possibly be true. But somehow, you couldn’t shake off the ominous unsettledness that plagued your thoughts. The unsettledness ebbed into calm when you felt an arm wrap around your waist. Snuggling closer to his chest, you sighed once again, feeling safer than ever. And soon, his rhythmic heartbeat was the very melody that lulled you into dreamless slumber.

 

It was in the middle of breakfast that Daehyun was interrupted by the pleasant ring of the doorbell. “It must be the rest of your members!” His mother chimed from the kitchen, where she was mixing up a new batch of bacon and eggs for the boys who would definitely be hungry. “I’ll get it”, Daehyun exclaimed. The door opened to reveal 5 other blonde haired boys, and their unbelievable number of suitcases. “Dae!!!!” Young Jae, Daehyun’s best friend exclaimed enthusiastically, giving him a brotherly hug. “Come on in, my mum’s cooking breakfast and you guys look famished”, Daehyun chuckled as he helped the other BAP members into the house. “Thanks so much for inviting us here again Dae”, Yongguk flashed the younger boy a gummy smile before heading into the kitchen to greet Daehyun’s parents. “You don’t look so good Dae… Girl problems?” Himchan smirked playfully, patting Dae Hyun on the shoulder. “Whatever it is, we’re here to help you hyung!” Zelo offered eagerly, towering over the other boys. “You know we’re always here for you~”, Jongup added cutely, his eyes curling into crescents. Dae Hyun felt a genuine smile tug at his lips. It had been barely five minutes since the other BAP members had arrived, and he was already feeling a change in his mood. “I know, cheetos”, Daehyun chuckled, his eyes twinkling as he elbowed the younger boy.

The six BAP members were seated at the rectangular dining table, towers of bacon and scrambled eggs before them. “So, fill us in”, Himchan urged in between chewing robustly on a strip of bacon. “Did you get to talk to her after that Kimchi incident?” Young Jae questioned, and all the other boys could almost see him working his brain. He wasn’t called the most intelligent one for nought. Dae Hyun shook his head, a frown plastered on his forehead. “I know they’re siblings but something seems off”, He added. “It’s almost like I’m missing something. The way they’re acting, they seem more like…” He trailed off, eyes widening. “More like lovers?” Yongguk concluded, his expression unreadable. “But that can’t be it”, Jongup argued, curiousity obviously piqued to a maximum. “Can it?”Young Jae suddenly piped, a glint in his eyes. “What we need is a plan, leverage over them. Even if they’re dating, once we get our hands on some evidence, I’m sure the media would never tolerate the idea of forbidden love. Either way, we get an explanation, and Daehyun gets a chance with Miyoung”, He explained carefully. “Young Jae you are a genius”, Himchan guffawed, smacking his dongsaeng on the back. “I think it’s time we do some snooping”, He added, sharp features twisted in a suggestive grin. “I’m not sure if this is a good idea guys…” Daehyun muttered, his conscience eating him. “Come on hyung, don’t you want to find out what’s really happening?” Zelo encouraged, lips rounded in a pout. “I really like her”, Daehyun admitted quietly, as the gazes of his other members’ softened. “If you think she’s worth it, why don’t you fight for her?” Yongguk asked softly, his voice gentle but stern. As he met the older boy’s gaze, Daehyun remembered the girl from Yongguk’s past. When Yongguk, BAP’s fierce rapper leader was asked what his biggest regret was, Daehyun was surprised. “Letting go… My biggest regret is not desperately holding on to the one person that mattered the most to me”, The blonde haired leader had admitted, a forceful smile painted on his face as he answered the interviewer of a Sunday night programme.

Taking in a deep breath, Daehyun knew instantly that you were the one person, the only one he would give up his dreams, his career, and his life for. After all, without you, he would have never found the courage to believe that his dream to be a singer would actually come true. He had lost you once, and he wasn’t prepared to lose you again.
“I’m in”, Daehyun added quietly, determined smile lighting up his face. The other boys erupted in cheers, and Yongguk smiled proudly at the younger boy. Immediately, the six boys gathered around the dinner table. Youngjae was already crouched over a huge blank sheet of paper, evidently drafting out a plan while Zelo and Jongup rummaged through their luggages to produce a Camcorder. “Let’s do this”, Daehyun announced determinedly, ignoring the pulsing unsettledness deep in his heart. 

 

Happy New year everyoneeeee!!!!!!!! ^^ It's almost going to be a year since BTOB came into our lives, where I first started this story with the hope that more people would grow to know and love the boys <3 I'm so sorry for my delayed update, my grandfather was hospitalised for a while and that really robbed me of my inspiration ): But thank God he's alright now (: And I'm back! I hope you guys like this <3 Please drop me a comment! And I'm sorry I trolled all of you (Daehyun didn't really kiss her T.T) Mianhae!!!!!