Coldly

Overnight Love

 

“O-Oppa….” You muttered shakily, trembling slightly under his intense glare. His gaze was firm and unwavering as it shifted between you and the boy next to you. You tried to open your mouth to say something, anything to clarify this seemingly misleading situation. You knew what it must look like to Min Hyuk.

“Oppa… It’s not what you think it is”, you tried to explain, heart hammering loudly against your chest. The older boy flinched a little at your words as his eyebrows lifted in disbelief. With wide strides, he stormed towards you. Stopping right in front of you, he ignored your presence, turning to the boy beside you. “What are you doing here”, Min Hyuk growled at the younger boy, anger written clearly on his features. “I… I live next door”, Dae Hyun stammered slightly. A flash of annoyance registered in Min Hyuk’s eyes. With one last look at the younger boy, he grabbed your wrist harshly, pulling you towards the house. You gasped at his sudden action, having no choice but to follow after. “Wait!” Dae Hyun shouted, his voice ringing sharply. “What gives you the right to take her away? You’re just her brother”, he shouted indignantly, features twisted in a menacing frown. “Can’t you see that she doesn’t want to go with you?” He added, ignoring the intensifying anger radiating from the older boy. Min Hyuk whipped his head around. For a moment, it looked like he was about to say something. However, he bit down on his bottom lip and shot a deathly glare in Dae Hyun’s direction. Tightening his grip on your wrist, he tugged sharply, causing you to stumble slightly against him. He flinched slightly, a hint of worry flashing in his eyes before they returned to their cold, brown orbs. The skin around your wrist started to throb, as tears welled up in your eyes.  However, as soon as the back door slammed shut, Min Hyuk released his grip on your wrist.

Without casting even a glance at you, he slammed his fist on the kitchen counter. The resounding sound from the impact made the hairs on your neck stand. Unable to stop yourself, you dashed towards him, eyes narrowing in on his shaking hands. “Please…Don-don’t oppa… You’ll hurt yourself”, you whispered desperately, ignoring the trickle of tears making their way down your cheek. Instinctively, you reached out your trembling hands, wrapping them around his reddened palms. Min Hyuk flinched, sharply tugging his hands away from your reach. Tentatively, you glanced upwards. His eyes were registering a myriad of emotions. Hurt, disbelief and betrayal. “Oppa… I-“you started to say, eyes glistening with new tears that threatened to overflow. You were silenced when he turned his gaze towards you, shooting you an intense look of anger. A soft sob escaped your quivering lips as you watched the boy you loved turn away, disappearing up the stairs before hearing the heart breaking slam of his bedroom door.

 


“Wait so he stormed over and dragged her away?” A gruff low voice repeated over the phone. “Talk about a dramatic change of events”, Yong Guk sighed audibly.
“That’s strange…The BTOB members have always been described as nice and friendly”, Young Jae muttered thoughtfully.
“Min hyuk-shi has always been fairly cordial to us too”, Jong Up whispered distractedly. “Maybe he was just being the typical overprotective elder brother?” Zelo suggested innocently.
Dae hyun’s eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. There was something more to the relationship Min Hyuk and Mi Young shared, but he couldn’t pin his finger on what is was exactly.
“Still, he has no reason getting so worked up. It wasn’t like Dae Hyun and Mi Young were even doing anything”, Him Chan chided in an air of nonchalance. Dae Hyun’s cheeks flushed slightly and he was glad that the other BAP members were unable to see him shifting uncomfortably in his seat.
“Whatever it is, it’s not your fault Dae. It’s best not to get too involved in their family matters”, Yong Guk advised the younger boy.
“Just hang in there Dae. When we get there on Tuesday morning, we’ll help you figure things out”, Young Jae offered in a comforting tone.
Dae Hyun let out a frustrated groan, running his hands through his messy brown hair once he had said goodbye to the rest of the BAP members. The heated exchange from before replayed repeatedly in his mind. Somehow, the radiating emotions between Min Hyuk and Mi Young left him bewildered. Around each other, they seemed to act more like a couple than as purely siblings. “Aish… What am I thinking? It couldn’t be”, Dae Hyun frowned, trying to erase the straying thoughts entering his mind. Curled up in his bed, he glanced at the window for a split second, catching the bright flash of lightning against the misty grey sky. Sighing deeply, he slipped a pair of ear phones over his head. It was going to be a very long night.

 

It was five in the evening when Min Hyuk finally came out of his room. You were crouched over the dining top, packing the seasoned Kimchi away with robotic and stiff movements. Your cheeks were strained with the faint trails of tears that had been haphazardly wiped away. Red-rimmed were your eyes, streaked with pinkish lines that added to the hollow look in your eyes. When Min Hyuk had locked himself upstairs almost three hours ago, you had cried till no more tears had remained. After endlessly knocking on his door but to no avail, you had retreated back downstairs to immerse yourself in finishing up the chores. Your mind was far away, trapped in haunting images of the painful expression on Min Hyuk’s face. The metal tin you were holding slipped through your rigid, cold fingers, the sharp clash of it against the ceramic tiles resounding loudly through the empty house. The floor was stained red with the neatly packed Kimchi that had been strewn everywhere with the impact. For the umpteenth time, the corners of your eyes glistened slightly as you kneeled on the floor. As you were about to clear up the mess, you sensed the presence of another figure as he knelt on the floor beside you. Your hands stopped in midair as he reached over, swiftly picking up the pieces of Kimchi, brown hair falling over his eyes in concentration. He quickly stood up, going over to the sink and leaving you crouched on the floor, eyes trailing his broad back. The tears that started to well up in your eyes blurred your vision, as you remained frozen, unable to react. Blinking slightly, the tears that escaped were shielded in the shadows of your hair as he bent down across you, wiping the floor with a damp cloth. As you caught a glimpse of his face, you couldn’t help but notice the red tinge around his eyes. Min Hyuk wiped the last of the stains on the floor before he started to stand up, never once meeting your gaze. Unable to control yourself, your hands shot up, tugging gently on the hem of his sweater. “Oppa… I’m sorry”, you whispered as your vision started to blur once again, a mosaic of tears distorting your sight. Stopping in his tracks, Min Hyuk seemed to have heard your quiet plea, turning his head over to spare you a soft glance. However, he quickly looked away, his features set in a stony expression. Shrugging off your arm, he coldly turned away and walked back towards the sink. You stared blankly after him, your arm slowly falling limply by your side. Watching him wrung out the damp cloth in distracted movements, your heart ached with so much pain that it felt like it would tear into two.

Clutching the material of your shirt at where your heart was, you sobbed quietly. You couldn’t bear the intense hurt that burned your heart as he ignored you. You wanted to hear his soft voice telling you it was okay, his toned arms wrapping around you safely, guiding you into his warm embrace. Your footsteps brought you towards him, slowly at first before intensifying into a quiet run. Slipping your arms around his waist, you hugged him tightly from the back, leaning the side of your face against his broad back. Sobbing slightly into the cotton material of his sweater, your chest heaved in uneven breathes. Min Hyun stiffened under your tight embrace, frozen with your sudden actions. “Op-oppa, give me a chance to explain… Plea-please, say something… You can sco-ld me or s-shout at meJus-just please don’t i-ignore me”, you begged desperately in between tears, tightening your arms wrapped around his torso. Min Hyuk shifted slightly, his chest collapsing in a audible sigh. Slowly, you felt a hand gently place itself over your trembling hands. At his unexpected action, the familiar warmth of his touch stopped your tears. Your hold on him loosened slightly, your arms slowly unravelling around his waist as he turned around to face you, his hands still gently holding onto yours. As you raised your head to meet his questioning gaze, your lower lip quivered involuntarily. Slowly, Min Hyuk released your hands, raising his arms to cup the sides of your face. His expression softened as he blinked at you, brushing away your tears with his thumbs. With a sigh of resignation, he gently slipped his hand behind the crown of your head, guiding you into his embrace. His other arm s around your waist, pressing on the small of your back as he held you tightly against his chest, pressing a soft kiss on the back of your neck. 

 

Hello again everyone, I'm back with an update and as usual I'd love to hear from you guys/and what you think about the new chapter! Sigh, intially I was really intending to make the cold war between Minhyuk/Miyoung last a little longer, but something happened today that really crippled my inspiration and my heart was aching as I wrote this ): I woke up this morning to a text by my friend who told me about something she read on twitter ): Basically, BTOB is in Malaysia for a performance, and a fan actually shouted "jerk" at minhyuk, and called him a bastard or something to get his attention...When I read her text, my heart literally broke into two... I'm just really heartbrokened because how can you call yourself a fan and do these sort of things to hurt the people you love... I'm pretty sure Minhyuk understood what she was saying too because I mean he's doing such a dedicated and disciplined job of learning English for all of us fans...  I just hope that he as well as the other BTOB members are okay, and that they aren't too affected by everything that has happened (I heard some people touched them without their permission too?) because they still have a performance tomorrow...Please please stay safe and strong BTOB!  To all my readers/subscriber melodies out there, please send all your comforting wishes and prayers to our BTOB oppas alright? I know all of you sincerely love BTOB, so let's try to cheer them on as much as we can everyone!  Thank you!