I'm sorry

Overnight Love

 

“Daehyun saw me struggling with the seasoning pot and decided to help me with the kimch-“, you were interrupted in the midst of your explanation when the boy opposite you placed his index finger gently over your lips. You blinked, cocking your head questioningly. Min Hyuk let out a loud sigh, ruffling his hair in dismay. “Mianhae… You shouldn’t have to explain anything. I trust you”, he whispered with a small smile. You hugged your knees tightly, rocking back and forth whilst sneaking a glance at his forlorn expression. A gentle smile tugged at your lips as you stretched an arm towards his frame. He looked up in confusion when you ruffled his hair gently. “You know, you really should”, you pouted playfully.

A crack of lightning illuminated the room, casting eerie shadows against the wooden floor. You shivered slightly, remembering your fear of storms. Another flash of brightness caused you to pull the comforter up to your neck as you ignored the tightening in your chest. You glanced at the old clock on the wall. It’s almost midnight… I wonder if Min Hyuk oppa is asleep in the other room…A roar of thunder echoed loudly though it had yet to rain. Closing your eyes tightly, you tried to fall asleep for the 100th time. Suddenly, a distinct thud against your window caused your eyes to fly open. Wh-what was that? Am I hea-hearing things? The thud came again, and it seemed like someone was throwing stones at your window plane. Sliding off your bed, you quickly lifted the tinted glass, only to see the familiar shadow of a boy standing in your garden. “Da-dae hyun?” You muttered in shock. The boy lifted a hand, gesturing for you to come down. Nodding, you immediately slipped on a thick pullover before stealthily heading downstairs. As you passed Min Hyuk’s room, you couldn’t help but peek inside, feeling a sense of relief to see him fast asleep. What does Daehyun want? You thought curiously. Whatever it was, Min Hyuk wouldn’t be pleased to see you sneaking out to meet him.
 

Pushing open the door, the cold night breeze swirled around you relentlessly. Looking around, you caught the familiar back view of Daehyun sitting on a metal bench in the front lawn. “Daehyun? What are you doing here?” You whispered before plopping yourself on the bench beside him, making sure you left a small space in between the both of you. “I-I wanted to see if you were okay”, Daehyun replied gently, the worry apparent in his voice. “Are things between you and Minhyuk-shi okay?” He asked softly, ignoring the tension in the air. You nodded breathlessly, staring ahead at the night sky. “We’re okay now”, you assured with a genuine smile. Daehyun felt a twinge in his heart at your response. Was part of him hoping that you and Minhyuk hadn’t made up? “That’s… good”, he muttered distractedly. “That’s not all you wanted to ask right?” you whispered curiously. Daehyun was acting unlike his usual self. It was almost as if he was on tenterhooks, as if there was something he needed to know. “Mi Young ah… Can I ask you something?” Daehyun turned to look into your eyes. You averted your gaze, uncomfortable at the intensity of his stare. “Sure”, you whispered so softly that he barely heard it. “Wh-What exactly is going on between you and Minhyuk?” He asked, eyebrows furrowing in a deep frown. His lips were set in a firm line as he held your gaze, insistent for an answer. You shifted uncomfortably, trying to disguise your alarm. “What are you talking about Dae? We’re just brother and sister”, you tried to say in as calm a tone as possible, even managing to shoot him a forced smile. His expression did not falter a single bit, indicating his disbelief. “Is that all? Your relationship with him… It seems to be more than that. But that couldn’t be the case, could it?” He continued to ask, searching your face for any form of response. Your heart started to hammer rapidly against your chest, nervousness swallowing your senses. You let out a nervous laugh. “It looks like it’s going to rain. I’d better get back indoors”, you tried to change the topic, standing up. Before you could walk away, you felt a firm grip on your arm. You turned around, looking a questioning gaze at Daehyun. “Could it?” He asked again, his tone desperate and demanding, his gaze now so intense that you were forced to look away. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Dae”, you said firmly, shrugging your arm away from the boy’s hold.

“Why does this even matter?” You lashed out at him, unable to disguise the fear of your secret being exposed. Sparing him one last glance, you ignored the hollow look in his eyes as he stood rooted to the spot, heaving with deep breaths. Suddenly you felt a hand on your shoulder, and the next thing you knew, you were pushed roughly until you were seated firmly on the bench once again. Before you could shout your protest, Daehyun pressed his lips firmly against yours. Your eyes widened in horror and you tried to pull away. The initial horror ebbed away, replaced with pain and hurt when Daehyun only pushed you down further, his strong arms trapping you. All your efforts to scream were met to not avail when he only kissed you more urgently, ignoring your threshing limbs. He attacked your lips aggressively, slipping his tongue into your mouth. One of his hands slipped behind your head, holding you firmly against him, while his other hand ghosted the fabric over your waist. Your eyes were pricked with tears as you fought, unwilling to yield to his control. Tears streamed down your cheeks, as soft sobs escaped your lips uncontrollably. Flashes of Minhyuk, his smile and his warm embrace filled your mind.“D-Daehyun n-no please-don’t” you sobbed in between gasps of air. Your desperate cries seemed to strike a chord in Daehyun, as he snapped out of his actions, suddenly fully aware of your tear-stained face. He opened his eyes, captive to vulnerable and pained expression in your eyes. He was paralysed. He didn’t mean to hurt you, he just couldn’t control himself. He wanted you to know how he felt, but he was instantly filled with regret. The last thing he wanted was to see you, your eyes filled with pain. Pain of which he had directly caused. He had never hated himself more.

Your loud sobs fell into softer cries when his weight lifted off you. Fear gripped you as you wrapped your arms tightly around your small frame, shaking uncontrollably. Daehyun was shaking too, filled with immense hatred towards himself. He quickly pulled off the thick grey sweater that he was wearing, wrapping it around your shoulders with his trembling hands. “I’m so sorry…i-I’m so sorry…I’m s-so sorry”, he whispered raggedly, repeating the three words in almost a trance-like state. He pulled your trembling frame against his shoulder, your hair gently as you continued to sob haggardly. “I’m s-so sorry. I ne-never meant to h-hurt you”, he whispered almost pleadingly, his thin jumper moist with tears of his own that were now falling in steady rhythms. 

 

CRIESSSSSSS* I'm so so sorry Daehyunnie!!! I was just writing this chapter and before I knew it, it started to go down this line and ended up with Dae being like this T.T I do not enjoy making Daehyun the bad guy T.T 
I apologise for not coming back with an update as soon as I had planned ): Some things cropped up, and I haven't been in a good emotional state recently... Heartbreak and over-thinking makes me lose my inspiration T.T Please leave me your comments everyone!!!