Gone

Overnight Love

 

The grandfather clock chimed eleven times, indicating that it was time to carry out your plan. Each chime echoed heavily throughout the empty house, alluding to your burdened heart. With a deep sigh, you pulled on an old cardigan, a favourite one with blue and white stripes. You picked up your overstuffed duffel bag, slinging it around your shoulders. With a final glance, you scanned the room. You didn’t want to leave. You remembered the time almost six months ago when you arrived in the Lee family. Back then, you would have never guessed the attachment you felt at present to the house, which had finally begun to really feel like home. I guess it’s best for things to return as they were before. You gripped the bag straps tightly, fighting the urge to abandon the plan. Slowly, you walked towards the door before peeking out into the hallway. As expected, the hallways were empty as they usually were at this time. The attendants would all be huddled away in their rooms at the opposite wing, a far stretch away from you. You let out a relieved breath of air before taking careful steps down the hallway. You stopped mere meters later, turning to face the familiar oak wooden door of the room beside yours. This exact spot was where I first saw you…I remember how your music led me right to this doorstep. You reminisced, lips curling into a slight smile at the fond memory. You closed your eyes, visualizing the moment in its vividness as you locked it away securely in your memory. Pushing the door open, you stepped into the dark room. Even though the lights were off, the moonlight shining through the open window created beautiful beams that illuminated the room. Your eyes fell on the table beside his bed. You could almost see his statuesque figure sitting at the table, immersed in the music he lived to create. Even when I’m gone, I hope oppa will still continue to create more masterpieces…Although I won’t be around to personally hear them, I’m happy with the one you gave me months ago. Bittersweet thoughts filled your mind as you pulled out a silk-white envelop from your bag. With trembling hands, you placed the letter gently on the table top, letting your fingers linger briefly on the cold glass surface. Please live well oppa. Take care of yourself and the other members as well. I loved being by your side, but if being apart from you is the only way I can help  you, I’ll be happy knowing that I can protect you and your dream. Music led me to you, and now it’s the reason I’m leaving. Sometimes life can be funny just like that… But no matter where I’ll be, just know I’ll always be silently supporting you and the other BTOB oppas. Saranghae… You turned to leave, but caught sight of a familiar grey fabric draped across the bed. Gingerly, you the cotton fabric of the grey jacket, remembering its special place in your heart. Slowly, you folded the jacket and slid it into your duffel bag. I just need this to remember oppa by. Fighting any trace of tears away, you left the room in a hurry. Being in his room was the hardest of all. Your footsteps brought you to the third level, as you quietly pushed a heavy door open. In the darkness, you shuffled to the bedside, face numbed with guilt. Dad… I really can’t bring myself to leave you, especially since it took me so many years to find you again. I’m so sorry dad. Please don’t think of me as a horrible daughter… I really love you dad. Please be strong, and take care of your health. I promise you, that from wherever I may be, I’ll always be praying for you.
As a tear slid down your cheek, you bent forward and planted a kiss on his forehead, feeling his cold skin under your chapped lips. Before you could burst out in tears, you stifled a sob and forced yourself to leave the room. A new sense of urgency overtook you, as you rushed towards the front door. Oppas might be home any moment now, I have to leave. Pulling the grand metal doors open, you braced yourself against the cold unforgiving breeze and fled into the night.

“Ahhhh aigoo! I’m so tired”, Ilhoon whined loudly in the car, stretching his arms out and accidentally hitting Hyun Sik. “Yahhh! How can you hit your hyung!” He joked, earning a chuckle from Peniel. The boys had just ended their daily rehearsals that were increasingly vigorous as their Debut Showcase was just three days away. Seeing how hard the boys were training, the company had decided to call it a day to give them some much-deserved and needed rest. “Hang in there kids, the showcase is just days away mhmm! Our hard work is finally going to pay off! Eun Kwang chimed happily, slinging an arm around Min Hyuk. Smiles crept up onto the boys’ faces. They were finally going to debut after years of training. It all still seemed so surreal that their dreams were finally coming true. “Did you remember to keep a ticket for Mi Young!” Chang Sub asked worriedly. “Of course we did! We passed it to her yesterday”, Sung Jae exclaimed with a fond smile. Other than their families, the one other person that they desperately wanted to witness their debut was you. “We’re here boys! Hurry get a good night’s rest and I’ll pick you guys up at seven tomorrow”, Ji Yong urged. “Ne hyung!!!” The BTOB boys responded excitedly, remembering that they would be shuffling between filming their music video for “insane”, and rehearsing for their first live performance. There would be absolutely no time for anything else than preparing for their debut. “That’s weird, the house seems real quiet”, Chang Sub commented randomly as the boys glanced around. “I wonder if Mi Young’s asleep already”, Eun Kwang mumbled. “I volunteer to go check!!!” Ilhoon exclaimed enthusiastically and almost sped off, if not for a firm grip on his jacket. “Hyung, sometimes I wonder if you’re the maknae instead”, Sung Jae chuckled, earning a pout from the older boy. “Yahh Ilhoon ah, It isn’t exactly appropriate for us to just barge into her room you know”, Hyun Sik chided as the younger boy eyed him blankly. “She’s probably asleep anyways; I mean it’s three in the morning now!”Peniel said, stifling a yawn. It seemed like that boy was almost always sleepy. The BTOB boys nodded in agreement, heading towards their rooms. “Min Hyuk ah~ aren’t you coming with us?” Eun Kwang whispered. “You guys go ahead, I’m just going to go get something from my room”, Min Hyuk said with an assuring smile. And maybe check in on Mi Young. The leader smiled his agreement as Min Hyuk proceeded to the main foyer. I just need to get my spare Ipod that’s in the drawer. It was just an awful coincidence that he had dropped his old ipod at practice today, silencing the inanimate object. As he strode into his room, he reached across the table for the drawer. He carefully withdrew a silver ipod touch, and tested it to see if it was working. Suddenly, his gaze fell on a white envelop resting awkwardly on the empty table. Scanning it curiously, he noticed that it wasn’t addressed to anyone. What was it doing on his table then? Distracted, he put his ipod down and fumbled with the package. A ivory coloured letter was pulled out, as he unfolded the paper.

Dear Min Hyuk oppa,
By the time you see this letter, I’d probably not be by oppa’s side anymore. You might be wondering why, but please believe in me. I know it’s too much to ask, but I hope that you’ll remember me with the impression that I’d have a really good reason for leaving. I just can’t tell you what it is… Don’t try to find me oppa, because I don’t want you to waste your time. Use all the time you have to focus on your debut and on music. Oppa is always the happiest when he’s concentrating on music, and I hope that you’ll continue to achieve your dreams even without me by your side. Please tell the other oppas I’m sorry. I’m sorry for leaving all of you. No matter what, just know that I’ll always be supporting my BTOB oppas. I’m so proud of you, and I know that even without me, oppa will be able to give his best because that’s just how talented you are. Take care of yourself, the other members, as well as Dad and Aunt. I don’t know if we’ll ever meet again, but I’m so thankful that I met you since. Even it if was for a brief time, I’ll always remember the moments we had together. Saranghae…
Mi Young

Min Hyuk’s eyes widened as his jaw dropped. Mi Young is g-gone? He spat out that last word in disbelief, and his hands started to tremble. Immediately, he raced out the door and into the next room. The door to your room swung open hollowly, revealing the empty bed. “It ca-can’t be”, he sputtered, running his fingers through his hair. Taking off again, his rapid footsteps led him to the wing that the BTOB members were occupying. “Guys? GUYS! “He shouted in panic. “What’s wrong hyung!” Ilhoon asked worriedly upon sensing the desperation in Min Hyuk’s voice. As the other members shuffled out, Eun Kwang took one look at Min Hyuk and knew that something had happened to you. “It’s Mi Young! She’s g-gone”, Min Hyuk whispered with choked breaths. “What do you mean she’s gone!!?” Sung Jae exclaimed, his black orbs glaring daggers at the older boy. “I found this on my table!” Min Hyuk continued, shoving the note in front of the other members. A moment of silence passed as the boys crowded around to read the note. “Damn it!” Hyun Sik cursed under his breath as Chang Sub laid a hand on his shoulder. “We have-to find her!” Peniel shouted worriedly, his eyes glistening alertly. “We can’t just let her leave! We have to get noona back! We have to!” Sung Jae screamed hysterically, his large hands balled into stubborn fists. Noona you’re such a pabo. How could you leave without telling us?! What about our plan? I agreed to it back then because I was afraid of something like this happening. I was afraid that you’d leave us one day, Sung Jae thought in despair. Seeing the worry and pain reflected in the other members’ eyes, Min Hyuk felt as if his heart was slowly breaking into two. He couldn’t bring himself to imagine you alone. What was your reason for leaving? Was it more important than the 7 boys that meant the world to you? You always said that you couldn’t imagine life without your BTOB oppas. Mi Young, you silly girl! We’re the ones that can’t imagine living life without you! Min Hyuk felt an assuring hand gripping his shoulder tightly. “Don’t worry Min Hyuk, we’ll definitely find her. We’ll never give up” Eun Kwang whispered gently. Mi Young…All those times I chose not to burden you with my feelings, I could bear the heartbreak of giving you away because I was contented just to be by your side. It didn’t matter to me that you would never be mine because all I wanted was to be able to be with you. Where are you now, Mi Young ah… I’m begging you, please be safe. Eun Kwang’s eyebrows furrowed as he clenched his jaw tightly. Min Hyuk held your last note against his chest where he could feel his heart beat unevenly. His lips were pressed into a thin line, as his eyes glistened with conviction. I swear with all my heart that I’ll find you Mi Young. I just want you by my side again. I could even bear with the pain of seeing you with Sung Jae, if it meant that you would return to our sides safely. Without you, my heart fills so numb, and so void. You complete me, and I would give up everything in exchange for you. 

 

Hi guys :3 How have you all been? Good I hope ^^ I'm back with a new chapter! Aish, really sad that she had to leave! But if I were her, I think I'd do the same thing  ): Alright everyone! Leave me your comments mhmmm! Kamsahamida and I love all of youuu!