Threat

Overnight Love

 

“Morning Mi young ah~”, minhyuk mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes. He shifted to prop himself up, his bed hair standing up in all kinds of directions. You chuckled, reaching out a hand to flatten his locks. Swinging your legs off the duvet bed, you shuffled to the windowsill, pulling the curtains apart.

“Oh look! There she is”, Himchan exclaimed, peering through the binoculars excitedly. The BAP boys were squeezed on Daehyun’s bed, trying to get a glimpse of you. “There you go Dae. All is fine”, Yongguk breathed a sigh of relief, lowering his arms that were sore from holding up cameras. “She sure looks cute, with her bedhair and all”, Youngjae added, earning a slipper thrown at him from Daehyun.

You sighed happily, propping your arms against the windowsill, stretching like cat basking in the warm sunlight. Footsteps paced towards you, before a pair of hands wrapped around you from behind. The corners of your mouth turned upwards in a shy grin, as Minhyuk rested his head in the gap of your shoulder. Sneaking a glance sideways, his eyes were still shut closed, a smile of content on his lips. “Yah oppa, wake up”, you whispered, smirking when he shook his head adamantly. “5 more minutes”, he crooned, tightening his arms around you even more, hugging you like a pillow and rocking you side to side.

“Hyungs. Hyungs! Get over here now! You have to see this”, Jongup suddenly shouted, waving the other BAP members over. Daehyun dashed over to the window, followed by Himchan who was fumbling over the cameras. Jongup quickly gave the binoculus to Daehyun, who fell silent at the sight before him.  Himchan picked up the camera swiftly, turning the lenses to a maximum zoom to capture the scene. The room was silent, except for the clicking of the camera. “Damn”, Yongguk mumbled when Himchan showed the other members the photo of Minhyuk with his arms around you, face nuzzled into your shoulders.

A little while later, the floor was strewn with printed photos of you and Minhyuk. “What do we do now?” Jong up asked, eyeing his hyungs anxiously. “I still can’t believe they’re together… Isn’t that or something?” Himchan exclaimed loudly, earning a frown from Yongguk who was sitting across the room in front of a computer. “Dae, are you alright?” YoungJae patted Daehyun’s shoulder lightly. “Wait….”, Daehyun muttered, eyebrows furrowed in thought. “I don’t remember Miyoung having an older brother”, he continued warily. Eyes lighting up at this new piece of information, Yongguk typed rapidly on the keyboard, scrolling as he searched for Minhyuk’s profile. Many articles popped up on the screen, as the leader scanned them urgently. “That’s because she never had a brother”, Yongguk commented knowingly. All the BAP members turned to stare at their leader, who was smiling wryly. “Chairman Lee, reunites with his long-lost daughter. Lee Soo Hyuk, chairman of Korea’s largest retail store chain and the father of newly debuted BTOB’s Lee Minhyuk, called upon his only daughter from his previous marriage due to news of his failing health.”  BAP’s leader read. “Doesn’t that still make them half-siblings?” Himchan snapped in nonchalance. “Just months after Lee Mi Young returned to the renowned Lee family, rumors spread that their only son, Lee Minhyuk, was not the family’s biological son, but was indeed adopted. Chairman Lee and his wife have stepped forward to confirm this rumor, as company shares plummeted below the all time high.”, Yongguk continued, watching the other members’ sigh in understanding. Daehyun ruffled his hair haphazardly, climbing to his feet. “So they aren’t related at all”, he whispered, the truth dawning on him. “I met Miyoung first, so what gives him the right to take her away?” He added, lips curled into a firm line. Youngjae slung his arm around his best friend, giving him an assuring squeeze. 

You swung your legs happily as they dangled from the high chair you were sitting on. Propping your arms on the counter top, you smiled admiringly as Minhyuk whipped up breakfast for the both of you. “You sure you don’t need help oppa?” You asked, itching to help him but he only shook his head vigorously. “Just relax jagiya, this is my way of making it up to you.” He smiled wistfully. You bit your lip, shaking your head lightly. You had completely forgiven Minhyuk. Even if he had misintepreted what happened between you and Daehyun the day before. The past was past. “Silly boy, you know I’ve already forgiven you right?” You chuckled, tying your long waves in a messy bun. Minhyuk replied by turning around, holding up two plates of banana nutella pancakes dribbled in maple syrup.  You squealed loudly, eyes opening up wide as you helped him to set the table. As soon as he had put the plate down, you shouted a “thank you oppa”, and shoved a slice of pancake into your mouth. Minhyuk laughed at how you were acting like an impatient kid, and flicked your forehead gently. You scrunched your nose at him, making a big show of slowing chewing your food. “Well, how is it?” Minhyuk asked curiously, smiling at you with confidence. “It’s alright”, you commented dismissively, shoving a slice of banana into your mouth. “Alright? Just ALRIGHT?” He exclaimed in disbelief, jumping out of his seat. He quickly shoved a piece of pancake into his mouth, obviously wanting to prove you wrong. “What are you talking about? It’s delicious!!!!!!!!!!!” He narrowed his eyes playfully at you. “Just messing with ya. You’re right, it is delicious”, you giggled, reaching over to pinch his nose. “You’re lucky I love you”, he teased, leaning forward to plant a kiss on your temple. “I love you too”, you grinned, eyes twinkling with happiness.

Suddenly, Minhyuk’s phone started to ring. He picked up the call, and his expression changed to one of surprise. When he put down the phone, you nodded expectantly. “Manager Yonghyun just called. The company called us in for an urgent meeting, so I’d have to make a trip back to Seoul for today”, Minhyuk explained, a sad expression on his face. “I’m sorry Miyoung, but I’ll have to leave you for a bit. Will you be okay?” He frowned, obviously downcast that his day with you was now ruined. You shot him a reassuring smile, lacing your fingers with his. “Don’t worry oppa, I’ll be alright. They wouldn’t call you back if it wasn’t important mhmmm? I understand”, you smiled warmly, squeezing his hand. “I’m sorry Miyoung, but I’ll be back as soon as I can. Please call me if anything happens, promise?” Minhyuk patted your head affectionately, as you helped him to pull his coat on. “I promise”, you reached up and kissed his cheek, only Minhyuk turned his face at the last moment as both your lips met. “Love you”, he chuckled, giving you a tight hug. “Love you too oppa”, you hugged him back, before waving goodbye as he disappeared out the door.
 
Minhyuk hated to leave Miyoung alone, but work was always important. He needed to give his best so that others wouldn’t have any reason to say that Miyoung was a burden to him, or that you was standing in the way of his work. Gritting his teeth, he paced towards the car parked in the garage. However, his path was blocked when 6 other boys suddenly marched up to him. Minhyuk glanced upwards curiously, only to see the member of BAP glaring menacingly at him. “How can I help you guys?” He asked hesitantly, as the tension in the air started to thicken. The leader, a boy with sandy brown hair and multiple peircings, stretched out his hand, holding a photo up to his face. Minhyuk’s eyes widened in panic, before he turned to glare at the other BAP boys. “What exactly do you guys want?”, he demanded, feeling anger boil within him. “Break up with Miyoung”, a familiar voice threatened, as Daehyun stepped forward, eyes burning with hostility. 

 

HI EVERYONE (:
As promised, I am Backkkkkkk~ 
Thanks for sticking with me, and for all your patience, 
so this chapter goes out to all of you my dearest subbies!
leave me a comment, I love you all! ^^