First Date

Overnight Love

 

“Are you sure about this?” You whined playfully, eyes dimmed by the pair of calloused hands that covered your eyes. For the last fifteen minutes, Min Hyuk had insisted on blindfolding you as he led you in a series of confusing directions. At first, you were intent on guessing where he was bringing you to, but after the first five minutes, you admitted defeat. Not that you were complaining in any way... While you were blindfolded by a handkerchief, his steady hands were planted firmly on your shoulders, steering you around. His gentle voice held a rare tinge of excitement that was rubbing off on you. With your sight taken away from you, it was as if your other senses were growing sharper. You were suddenly aware of the familiar, boyish scent filling the air surrounding you. It was a tinge of cologne that was perhaps accompanied by the lingering freshness of lathered soap. “Trust me, will you?” He pleaded, a chuckle hanging in the silence. “We’re here”, he announced with finality and you could almost visualise the smile that was hanging on his face. As he lowered his hands, you opened your eyes tentatively, gauging the unfamiliar surroundings. The darkened sky was lit with glowing lamps that dotted the area, but the most characteristic of all was a huge pavilion and the unmistakeable landmark sitting behind it. “It’s...the Namsan Tower”, you gasped in pure amazement. Your eyes flitted to the male beside you, his face tinted with satisfaction. “I’ve always wanted to come here with my boyfri-“you started to ramble, before realising the awkward subject you had raised.  You coughed distractedly, turning your attention back to the tall structure. “I told myself a while ago that when I had a girlfriend, this would be one of the first places I would bring her”, Min Hyuk chimed, shooting you an affectionate gaze. He said it... Girl friend       as that one word rang repeatedly in your mind; a shy smile crept up your face. “That’s you, by the way”, he added cheekily as he your cheek. Your cheeks reddened as you struggled to hide your feverish tinge. “Let’s go in”, he whispered, grabbing your hand in a sudden motion. The both of you bought tickets to the viewing gallery, before heading straight to the lift. It was one of the fastest lifts in the world, one that would bring you up many floors in just mere seconds. The both of you entered the lift excitedly. As the lift literally “flew” up, the gravitational force left you slightly unsteady. You were extremely comforted by the secure arm s around your shoulder, and you allowed yourself to lean into his side. With a ring, the lift reached the highest point in the tower. “WAHHHHHH! Look at this view! Oppa, come here quick!!” You exclaimed excitedly, letting go of his hand and running straight towards an empty panel in the viewing gallery. Min Hyuk chuckled at your cuteness, glad that you were clearly enjoying yourself. The panoramic night view of Seoul and its colourful lights was absolutely breathtaking. Spinning around, you gestured for Min Hyuk before turning your attention back towards the stunning scenery. Suddenly, you felt a familiar pair of arms envelop you from behind, wrapping you snugly around your waist. With a contented sigh, you rested your weight against his broad chest, feeling the warmth of his embrace. A fond smile tugged at the corners of your lips as you held his chin rest gently on your head. “Oppa, Isn’t it beautiful?” You whispered, awestruck by the picturesque view. “Mhmmm. Beautiful”, you felt his lips move against the crown of your head as his warmth breath sent shivers up your spine. You couldn’t see it, but Min Hyuk wasn’t actually talking about the view. With eyes fixed on your lovely features, he couldn’t help but agree. You were beautiful... A little while later, the both of you had found a cozy seat by the viewing panels. The gallery was strewn with love struck couples, and you could definitely see why. The Namsan Tower was probably one of the most romantic places you’ve visited in Seoul. It was like a dream come true, to be here with the love of your life- Min Hyuk. At that blessed thought, you titled your head, resting it carefully on Min Hyuk’s shoulder. You felt his head whip around, giving you an affectionate gaze. He slowly shuffled closer to you, such that your bodies were now overlapping as you leaned into his embrace. Nuzzling into the crook of his neck, you reached for his hand. The both of you stayed in that position, enjoying the silence that was loaded with invisible promises of love and a future. “Oppa?” You whispered softly against his shoulder. “Ne?” He replied. In a voice so velvety that it took your breath away. “Thank you”, you said quietly... “For bringing you here?” Min Hyuk asked curiously, his eyes twinkling in the moon light. “Ani. For finding me”, you corrected in a soft whisper. You blushed slightly as he started to absent mindedly trace patterns on your palm. “Ani. Thank you, for appearing in my life again. I promise you, that this time, I won’t let you leave”, He added silently. Looking at the serious expression that had graced his chiselled features; you wanted to comfort him, to assure him that you weren’t going to leave again. His smile froze when you reached up to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. “I’m not going anywhere oppa”, you said with a serious gaze, watching the smile on his face widen into a beautiful grin.

 

Half an hour later, the both of you reluctantly left the viewing gallery and headed downstairs for some ice cream. You got a strawberry cheesecake parfait, while Min Hyuk chose the chocolate brownie one. “I have something else to show you”, Min Hyuk suddenly announced. You nodded excitedly, not even realising that some ice cream had left a stain on the corner of your mouth. “Aigoo...Are there holes in your mouth?” He joked playfully before reaching out to wipe the stain away. You pouted cheekily, slightly embarrassed by your clumsiness. Min Hyuk took a huge bite of his chocolate fudge ice cream, and when he pulled the spoon away, chocolate bits tinted his irresistible lips. (See what I did there). “Oppaa!!! You’re a messy eater too!” You chuckled happily as you wiped his mouth with a tissue. “Well, I guess we’re meant to be”, He added with a beam as you giggled at his cheesiness. The both of you walked to the front lawn of Namsan Tower. There were a few huge trees planted in the garden, but up close, you could tell that they looked nothing like trees. They were fully decorated with couple notes and locks of all different shapes and sizes, but what made them special was the numerous love dedications scribbled on the locks. “This is so romantic!” You squealed, unable to contain your inner romanticist. Min Hyuk shot you a knowing look before ushering you to the third tree from the right. You frowned at his puzzling actions as he began to push through the upper branches of that particular tree. What is he looking for.... ”Found it!” Min Hyuk said with a smirk as he pried away the branches to reveal a big, blue cloud-patterned lock. “Why is there a lock with our names on it?” You asked curiously. “Read what it says”, Min Hyuk encouraged shyly. You quickly reached for the lock, wobbling as you stood on your tippy toes. “Mi Young ah, it’s been a day since you’ve left. But I promise you that I will find you, even if you are thousands of miles away. And when I find you, I’ll bring you here as my girlfriend, to show you that I’ve been in love with you all along... Please wait for me, wherever you may be”, you whispered the scribbled letters dryly. With glistening eyes, you turned to the figure beside you. It was true than, that being apart was worse that the trials you were trying to help him avoid... “Uljima... This wasn’t supposed to make you cry”, Min Hyuk muttered worriedly as he noticed your wet eyes. “It’s because I’m touched”, You whispered. “No one has ever done anything like this for me”, you added, gripping his forearms steadily. Min Hyuk’s eyes widened as he heard the vulnerability in your voice. With searching eyes, he took a step forward, closing the small gap in between the both of you. Interrupted by his sudden actions, you blinked the tears away as you lifted your head towards him. As you saw his head tilting towards you, your eyelids fluttered closed as your heartbeat sped up rapidly. It was then that you felt his lips meet yours in a brief kiss, one that seemed to sum up all the overwhelming emotions really well. With a last loving look, he reached into his pocket, pulling out a black marker. You watched in shock as he wrote in clear, block letters that framed the lock perfectly.

-I found you,
And I’m never letting you go.
The next time we’re here, it’ll hopefully be as husband and wife

 

Annyeong guys, I'm back with a fluffy fluffy romantic chapter! I really went to the Namsan Tower in Seoul, so my description of it is pretty accurate hehehe ^^ I've missed hearing from all of you and seeing your comments, so please leave me with your feedback alright ^^ I love each and everyone of you who subscribed/commented! <3 Also, check out this upcoming fic by my friend! You'll probably really enjoy it if your bias is Sung jae! Thanks everyone!
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/236291/1/life-of-a-normal-high-school-girl-infinite-mblaq-you-btob-mieun