Interruptions

Overnight Love

 

The sudden mumbling of voices that echoed through the vast hallways alerted you of their arrival. Your hunch was confirmed when you heard a distinct high-pitched shriek that only Peniel’s voice could even possibly reach, followed by roars of laughter, of which you could recognize a hysterical one that definitely belonged to the maknae. You chuckled cutely, thinking of how the house had instantly become livelier with their mere presence. Things were gonna get interesting around here, you thought with anticipation. The house was always a tad too big for just the four of you, and you were glad that the Btob members were here to fill the empty void. You slid out of your sofa excitedly and placed the book you were reading back onto the bookshelf, before running towards the full-length mirror beside your door. You straightened the white-polo shirt you were wearing over a pair of old denim shorts. “Where’s Mi Young?” You heard the echo of Eun Kwang’s voice. At the mention of your name, you ran down the hallway and speedily made your way down the stairs, your arms flailing for balance. “Yeah! Where’s noona! Why didn’t she come to welcome us?” A voice called out in mock-anger as you giggled at Ilhoon’s reaction. “I’m here! I’m here!” You shouted while shuffling past the last flight of steps at an increased pace, your feet agilely skipping past some steps. “I’m her-“you started to say, but just then, your right foot got caught behind the carpet of the last step, propelling you forward.  Your arms flailed around helplessly as you shut your eyes tightly, preparing yourself for the painful impact of your flesh against the hard wooden floor. Only, you didn’t seem to feel any surface under you. Your eyes fluttered open in surprise as you noticed a pair of hands wrapped around your waist, holding your weight up. Trailing the arm and looking up at it’s owner, you were captivated by a familiar pair of brown eyes, staring at you worriedly. Your cheeks turned a faint shade of pink when you were aware of how you were crushed against his sculptured chest and how his scent completely overwhelmed your senses and….

“Yahhhh Mi Youngie, are you okay?!” Chang sub exclaimed in horror, snapping the both of you out of your rose-tinted thoughts. Your eyes widened and you jumped away from Min Hyuk, keeping your head down as you tried to cover the pink on your cheeks. “Gwencha na?” Hyun Sik asked worriedly, moving till he was by your side. “Ne! I’m okay! Don’t worry”, you puffed, rubbing your neck embarrassingly. When you finally assured them that you were alright, you followed them timidly towards the unoccupied right wing of the house. You gasped upon entering the door leading to the wing as the place had been transformed into a make-shift dormitory that held 3 rooms, 2 with two single beds, and the third with a two bunk beds. Min Hyuk was going to “move-in” with them too, despite the fact that he would be moving within the house. You felt a tad empty, knowing that he would no longer be in his room beside yours, but it was definitely better than him moving out. You leaned against the doorpost, watching the boys run off in frenzy, fighting over the rooms and who they would room with. Laughing lightly, you were surprised when they finalized their rooming a mere ten minutes later. “Wow, you guys are done!” You exclaimed cheekily, receiving a light punch by Eun Kwang. He was rooming with Min Hyuk in the first room with two single beds. Peniel was rooming with Hyun Sik in the second room, while Ilhoon, Chang Sub and Sungjae took the last room with the two bunk beds. “YAYYY! I’ve always wanted to sleep on the top bunk”, an excited Sung Jae chirped while bouncing around on the bed. “Yah, you’re gonna hit-“Your warning was met by a loud thump and a whining Sung Jae curled up in pain. “I told you so, be careful of the ceiling. You’re too tall for your own good”, you nagged with a smile. “Yahhh noona~ quit smiling at me. It hurts~”He whined with a playful grin. “Why am I rooming with the two kids”, Chang Sub complained with a joking pout. “Because you’re a kid yourself hyung”, Hyun Sik chirped before running away to avoid the incoming ageyo attack. As Chang Sub continued chasing Hyun Sik around the wing, you walked into the room Hyun Sik and Peniel shared, watching Peniel calmly put away his things. “Peniel, do you need help?” You asked informally, smiling at your same-aged chingu. “Aniyo”, he laughed before patting your head lightly. “When’s your birthday?” He asked randomly as you told him that it was in December. He grinned widely. “Yah, I’m older than you. You have to call me oppa too”, he said in a deadpan as you laughed. “Only by a few months,” you announced with a pout. Seeing the same stubborn expression carved on his poker face, you gave in. “Ne, oppa!” You said with a cheeky merong, earning a playful whack from him. “hmm! I’m going to go check on Eun Kwang and Min Hyuk oppa! Jal ga~” You waved to him before exiting the room. Just like the when you visited the other rooms; you pushed open the door without knocking. “Eun Kwang Oppa! Min Hyuk Oppa!” You called out excitedly as the door swung open. “AHHHHHHH! MIANHAE MIANHAE!!” You shouted in a panic before you slammed the door shut, bringing your hands to cover your eyes. Eun Kwang and Min Hyuk were in the midst of changing shirts, and you had caught them with their tops bare. You felt an intense blush invade your pale cheeks, as your breathing grew uneven. It surprised you that the both of them had perfectly sculptured chests, especially a certain step brother who had a admirable set of defined packs… Aish, what were you thinking!!! “I’m a ert”, you scolded to yourself while shaking your head repeatedly. The image was still stuck in your head, and so you lightly slapped your cheek. “YAH. Mi Young, get a grip on yourself omo!!” You reminded amidst the gushing your heart was succumbing to. Suddenly, the door behind you creaked open as your two oppas stepped out, unfazed by the awkward situation that happened earlier. “Aigoo. So cute”, Eun Kwang said in light of your earlier reaction, ruffling your hair gently before walking away. Min Hyuk trailed after him, briefly stopping in front of you. Your hair was slightly messy and your  face was flushed with embarrassment. Subconsciously, your gaze moved towards his chest, despite the fact that he was now wearing a shirt. Catching yourself, you jerked up in response, tilting your head upwards to look at him. His lips were tilted in a smirk, but upon meeting your gaze, his smile dropped to a look of concentration. You followed his confused gaze as it trailed from your eyes downwards, stopping at your lips before his nostrils flared slightly. “I CAUGHT HIM HAHA!” Chang Sub shouted in a superior tone, as he suddenly appeared before the both of you, towing a resigned looking Hyun Sik by his collar. The interruption made the both of you spring apart once again, the same pink tingle decorating your cheeks. “Mi Youngie, are you hungry?” Chang Sub asked before dragging you towards the kitchen, sandwiched between him and Hyun Sik. You shot Min Hyuk a last apologetic look, before returning yourself to Chang Sub’s unending monologue as he towed you towards the kitchen. As Min Hyuk was left standing there alone, he sighed and ruffled his hair frustrated. “This is the second time today…”, he muttered under his breath.

 

 

hehehe short update (: Hi everyone! The btob members are in the house whoohoo! hahahha they are so freaking cute! Anyways this chapter is kinda going to an introduction to a time of new relationship dynamics between Mi Young and the btob members hehe! Please leave me comments :3 it really encourages me so much! and i get so much inspiration too!