Irresistible Lips

Overnight Love

 

You closed the door behind you, stepping into your room quietly. The words of the black-haired boy rang repeatedly in your ears. Rushing into the bathroom, you splashed some ice-cold water against your face. It didn’t seem to help, as Sung Jae’s sudden confession continued to play in your head. You looked up at your reflection in the mirror. Your hair was tied up in a loose and messy ponytail, while your face was flushed a stubborn shade of pink. Sung Jae’s confession had caught you completely off guard, but yet had managed to make you blush with his sweet words. You felt your heart racing, and placed a palm over it. Would being with Sung Jae be the solution to all those rumors? At that thought, Min Hyuk’s face floated into your mind as you sighed deeply. Although your heart was definitely captured by Min Hyuk, you were feeling pretty confused. That didn’t explain the new emotions you recently felt because of Sung Jae. How the familiarity of his embrace left you feeling comforted and safe, or how his mere words made your heart skip a beat. Have I fallen for Sung Jae?  You thought with a gasp, covering your mouth with your hands.

 

Sung Jae was sitting on the high kitchen stool, head buried in his arms. He couldn’t believe that he had finally mustered up enough courage to tell you his true feelings. It took him a while to figure it out, but he had realized that the “protective” feelings he had for you since the start, were attributed to more than just “brotherly” instincts. He loved the mere feeling of holding you in his arms, hoping that his presence made you feel safe. A small smile formed on his lips at that thought, despite the stinging bruise at the side of his mouth. The shuffling of footsteps snapped him out of his thoughts, as he spun his head around. “Sung Jae… Can I talk to you?” A weary sounding Eun Kwang asked. The atmosphere was solemn and serious. With a straight face, Sung Jae nodded respectfully as the elder boy sat down opposite him. “Can you tell me what’s really going on?” The leader asked, a hint of plead in his low voice. “Hyung, I already told you…I-I can’t really explain it… I guess it’s just love”, Sung Jae answered with a sigh. He watched as Eun Kwang’s eyebrows furrowed in a unwelcoming frown. “Don’t tell me it’s just love. If you really love her, wouldn’t you want what’s best for her?” He asked in a strangled voice. Sung Jae’s nonchalant expression faltered slightly, as the maknae remained silent. “Can’t you see her feelings for Min Hyuk?” Eun Kwang exclaimed in a slightly frustrated tone. “Of course I can! But you can’t just expect me to give up!” Sung Jae shouted agitatedly, his palms balling up into fists. “Why not? Isn’t that what love is all about! It’s the motive for sacrifices to be made!” the leader explained, voice trembling with anger. “What do you know hyung! You’ve never been in love!” Sung Jae lost control as his piercing words shot through the air. Immediately, Eun Kwang’s gaze changed as he slammed his fists on the table. “How can you say that! How do you think I feel watching all this happen with my feelings for Mi Young!” Eun Kwang barked rashly before realizing that he had leaked his secret out. He watched helplessly as the maknae’s eyes widened in shock. “Your-your feelings for Mi Young? Hyung, you like her too?” Sung Jae asked weakly, clearly shocked at the sudden discovery. Eun Kwang’s angry demeanor fell apart when he realized that it was too late. “Sung Jae-ah, I’m begging you. Don’t tell the rest of the members”, he said weakly, eyes twinkling worriedly. “Don’t worry hyung, I promise I won’t. But will you tell me the truth?” Sung Jae asked meekly. The tense atmosphere had faded, as Eun Kwang started to explain himself. “Honestly, I liked Mi Young since the day we moved into this house. Since the first time I laid eyes on her, I was completely blown away by her kindness. But to say that it was love at first sight would be rather clichéd. It was obvious though, that her heart belonged to Min Hyuk, and that they both had feelings for each other. When I discovered that, I vowed to keep my feelings hidden. I’m just contented to be by her side, and to protect her just like an older brother would. Sure it’s hard seeing her fall for someone other than me, but I’m happy because she’s happy. It’s almost like living to see that smile on her face, even if I’m not the reason for that smile.” The leader explained with a sad smile. Sung Jae felt as if his heart was tearing into two. “Will you tell me what’s really going on now?” The leader asked patiently, reading the burdened expression painted on Sung Jae’s sharp features. With a gulp, Sung Jae nodded weakly as he started to tell the older boy about the pact the both of you made, as well as his newfound feelings for you.

 

You sat on your bed, folding some shirts absent-mindedly. You had told an attendant to let you put away the newly washed clothes yourself, eager for some distraction from the complicated problem at hand. Holding a cotton jacket to your face, you breathed in the mixed scent of lavender soap and fabric softener. Gathering the stack of folded clothes in your arms, you plodded over to the giant wardrobe, wanting to put the clothes away. The violent swing of your door stopped you in your tracks, as you spun around immediately. “Mi-min hyuk o-oppa? What are you doing here?” You stuttered, surprised by his unexpected entry. His chest was heaving with rapid breaths, his handsome features diluted with a slight frown. You felt your heartbeat speed up at his mere presence, before panic took over. CRAP. I have to pretend that I don’t care. “I m-mean, what do you think you’re doing here!” You shouted nonchalantly at him. Rolling your eyes, you turned your attention back to the wardrobe, placing the clothes in the empty drawers. Gulping, your heartbeat quickened when you could practically feel his angry eyes boring a hole into the back of your head. “What do you think I’m here for?” He asked, voice strained with frustration. Just hearing his voice made you feel weak, but you fought to maintain your composure. “I don’t know… But you better go, I’m really tired”, you said with an air of dismissal as you pulled the sheets off your bed. It caught you by surprise then when you realized that Min Hyuk had walked right up to you. It was too late by then, because as you spun over quickly, you felt yourself colliding with his chest. That familiar warmth of his… You eyes widened when you realized how close you were to blowing your cover. Clearing your throat, you pushed him away, trying desperately to hide the growing blush on your cheek. Suddenly, you felt his arms on your shoulders as he pushed you onto the bed. You pressed your eyelids closed on instinct, but opened them as you collided safely against the bouncy mattress. Min Hyuk was lying on top of you, propping himself up on his fours. His arms were on either side of your head, as his head hung dangerously over yours. Immediately, a blush crept up your face as your cheeks burned intensely. Your heart launched into an unstoppable race of beats that echoed loudly. You were so afraid that he would hear your quickening pulse that would give you away immediately. Fighting the instinct to close your eyes again, you glanced at his face daringly. That was a decision you regretted instantly, when his glistening eyes captured you. His eyebrows were slanted in a frown, as he stared at you with a piercing gaze. “Why are you doing this”, he whispered, tone slightly impatient. His warm breath fell on your face, making you tingle as your heart threatened to explode with its dangerous beating. You gulped nervously as he brought his face even closer to yours. “I-already-told you… I’m-sorry but I like Sung Jae”, you answered breathlessly, praying that your trembling voice wouldn’t give you away. You watched as frustration flashed through his eyes, and as the crease on his forehead intensified. “Liar. Then why are you blushing”, he whispered again as his eyes registered a clear look of pain. It was almost too much for you to handle, as a part of you fought against the instinct to reach out and hug him; To feel his familiar heartbeat as he held you against his chest; in his embrace where you always felt the safest. But logic won over your heart, as you planted your two palms against his chest and shoved with all your might. You watched as he stumbled slightly, a look of pure frustration plain on his face. “What are you talking about? I’m definitely not blushing”, you answered in defiance, lips curling in an orchestrated smirk. I can’t blow this. You cringed slightly under his deathly glare. “I don’t have time for this… I’m going to check on Sung Jae”, you muttered decisively as you shot him one last dirty look. Willing your feet to move, you strode towards the door. Suddenly, you felt a hand encircle your left wrist, pulling you back harshly. You flinched as you stumbled backwards, noticing that he iron grip still held your wrist tightly. You looked at him impatiently, but was caught aback when you noticed his flaming eyes. “Don’t ever mention Sung Jae’s name when you’re with me!” He shouted at you, eyes blazing with anger that he failed to control. His grip around your arm tightened, making your eyes well up slightly. You had never seen him this angry and it was proving too much for you to endure. He had never raised his voice at you, nor treated you this harshly. You felt tears prick your corneas as you fought them away. “Why can’t you just understand that I don’t like you any-“Your tortured response was silenced by his urgent lips that had captured yours. Fighting the instinct to surrender to his lips, you tried to pull away as your mind flashed back to the day you were almost . However, his hands were firmly planted at either sides of your head, as he prevented you from dodging his kiss. Every attempt to escape him, was met with more aggression on his part. The kiss was fiery and full of frustration. Feeling your knees buckle fearfully, you mastered the last of your strength and shoved him away. The frightening memories of the night you were assaulted flooded back into your memory as you pushed their tightening tendrils away, forcing yourself to focus on the boy in front of you. Hot, angry tears escaped your corneas, flowing down your disbelieving face in urgent streams. How could he do this to me?! You thought, shooting him a look mingled with fear, pain and betrayal. Your heart was falling apart with pain, as you reached out and slapped him harshly across his face. As the tears continued to stain your pale features, you watched as he caressed his cheek before turning around to glare at you with a look of disbelief. You were shocked that you had actually slapped him, but the memory of him forcing his lips on you was enough to keep you from regretting your actions. Shooting him one last hurtful glare, you brushed the back of your hand against your lips, feeling the salty wetness of your tears. As the steady stream of tears stained the grey cotton material of your cardigan, you turned away from his, running as fast as your feet could carry you.

Annyeong guys! I'm back really quickly as I promised with a new chapter! omo omo hahah are you guys shocked at Eun Kwang's unexpected secret! >< And min hyuk ! Just like in Irresistible lips hahaha, you guys must watch it if you haven't! Everytime I watch it I can hear my heart breaking, but nevertheless it's a really good song! & We gotta support Min Hyuk cause it's his first time acting as a lead in the MV :3 Please let me know how you feel about this chapter! Thanks for subscribing to me guys, really love each and every one of you! <3 saranghae~