Unexpected Encounter

Overnight Love

 

“BTOB!  You guys are up in 5”, one of the backstage coordinators burst into BTOB’s changing room, shouting loudly. You glanced around nervously, watching Eun Kwang jump to his feet. “Come on boys. It’s time”, he announced dramatically. Immediately, the boys gathered in a circle, wrapping their arms around each other. “Come on over too”, Eun Kwang called out. Your eyes widened as you pointed at yourself. “Me?” “We can’t forget our good luck charm can we”, He said with a smile as Hyun Sik waved you over. Touched, you skipped over, burrowing you head in the gap in between Min Hyuk and Hyun Sik. The smile on your face widened when Min Hyuk wrapped his arm around your waist. “Okay boys, today is our time to shine. Let’s do this for our fans that’ve waited so long to see us again. Don’t forget the most important thing.” Eun Kwang reminded. “What?” Ilhoon asked with a blank look on his face, earning a whack from Peniel. “To have fun”, Eun Kwang said with a bright smile, watching the other member’s faces light up in motivation. “BTOB Hwaiting!!” The boys shouted loudly in unison and you pumped your fists in the air victoriously. As the circle dispersed and the stylist noonas rushed up to the members, eager to put the finishing touches on their costumes, you quietly followed them out into the corridor. After getting the “okay to go” sign from their stylist, Min Hyuk wandered up to you. “Good luck oppa”, you chimed to him sweetly, wrapping your arms around his built. His arm s around your waist as he pulled you tightly against his chest, planting a chaste kiss on your temple. “You’ll watch us won’t you”, he whispered. “Of course oppa”, you smiled up at him. Casting a last look in your direction, you nodded at him supportively as he followed the rest of the members and disappeared down the corridor. “Mi Young-shi, wait for us in the changing room. I’ll be back after making sure the boys are all set to go”, Ji Yong exclaimed as you nodded at him. You were glad that the manager oppas, Ji Yong and Yong Hyun, seemed to have taken a liking towards you. Since BTOB was only set to perform after 2 more groups, you decided to pay a quick visit to the toilet.

After asking Yong Hyun for directions, you walked briskly down the corridor, feeling slightly awkward upon seeing the endless dressing rooms plastered with names of various popular idols. It was almost nerve-wrecking to imagine bumping into any of them. After using the toilet, you heard the emcees announce through the loudspeaker that BTOB would perform after the next group. “Oh My Gosh!!! I need to make it back to watch their performance”, you muttered to yourself and dashed out of the restroom. Feeling the anxiety build up in your chest, you started to run down the thankfully empty corridor, whizzing past the dressing rooms at high speed. From the corner of your eye, you saw the door of a dressing room about six metres away swing open. Six figures stepped out into the corridor, clearly blocking the breadth of the hallway. Horror seeped through your veins when you realised you were going too fast to stop now... Digging your feet into the thick carpet lining the hallway, you slowed down when your body collided with another, throwing you off balance. Closing your eyes, you braced yourself for the impact with the hard floor. However, you felt someone grabbing your arm, keeping you from falling. You forced your eyes open and your vision landed on a boy whose face was precariously near yours.  You gasped and sprung backwards, biting your lips in embarrassment. It was boy of around your age, dressed in a black blazer draped over a white sheer undershirt. His clothes were lined with a distinct pattern, pink prints dotted with skulls. His hair was honey brown, with side-swept bangs that fell over his eyes gently. “Whoaaa! Careful there agashi”, he exclaimed and you noticed that his voice was rich like honey. He quickly let go of your arm, running a hand through his hair. “I’m so so sorry”, you apologised profusely while bowing towards him. He waved off your apology with light-hearted laughter, and his lips curled up in an angelic smile. “Yah Daehyun-ah, are you coming?” Another distinctively low and gruff voice exclaimed. “Coming Yong guk hyung”, Daehyun exclaimed and your eyes widened in nervousness when five other boys walked over towards the both of you. They were all dressed in outfits that spotted the same bright pink skull motifs, and you swallowed nervously at their intimidating aura. “Ahh, who’s this dae hyun ah”, a handsome boy with unbelievably sharp features asked while draping an arm over his dongsaeng. The other boy shrugged and looked at you expectantly. “Are you a fan?” The tallest boy asked softly. His hair was blonde with blue highlights, and he looked the most harmless out of the lot. You shook your head tentatively. “Ahhh aniyaa”, you muttered, waving your hands. The six boys tilted their head at you, clearly shocked that you had blatantly denied being their fan. “Ahhh... Not that I don’t like your music, I’m a huge fan of B.A.P... But I’m here for my brother”, you stammered nervously at the six pairs of eyes that watched you. “Your brother?” Dae hyun asked curiously, his gentle gaze sending chills up your spine. “Ah yes, my brother’s Min Hyuk from BTOB”, you admitted softly. Immediately, the six boys loosened up and nodded in understanding. “Next up, we have BTOB making a comeback with their latest song, WOW!” The emcee’s voice echoed through the audio system, making you gasp loudly. “You better hurry! I’m sure you don’t want to miss your brother’s performance!” Dae hyun’s smooth voice snapped you back to reality as he gave you a sincere smile. Nodding, you managed to shoot them a last apologetic bow before running back towards BTOB’s dressing room.

“So...Min Hyuk-shi’s sister huh”, Him Chan rubbed his chin thoughtfully, a smirk on his lips. He winced when a younger boy whacked his shoulder aggressively. “Don’t you go getting any ideas again Hyung. Sheesh, as flirtatious as always I see”, Young Jae rolled his eyes at his greasy hyung. “She was really pretty though...” Jong Up admitted with the same blank expression on his face. “I agree”, Zelo chirped, shooting his best friend a knowing smile. “Yahhh... Come on kids, let’s focus on the performance alright”, Yong Guk reminded the other B.A.P members in his usual gruff voice as the boys started to head back towards the stage. Dae Hyun’s gaze lingered for a few more moments in the direction of BTOB’s dressing room, his brown eyes filled with something more than his usual gaze. “Why do I feel like I’ve seen her before”, he whispered under his breath. Tearing his gaze away from your gradually disappearing figure, he trudged after his other members. 

 

Hi everyoneee!!! I'm back~ *bows shyly* Sorry for the long wait ): University has been reallyyy busy >< but I finally have a short one week break and I promise to use the time to update! ^^ A big hello hello to all the new subbies~ So glad to see that people are still supporting this story <3 AHHH... Don't kill me guys. I was running out of inspiration, but the only thread of thought I had was to introduce some competition.... I knoww Minhyuk and Mi Young deserve to be together without any more obstacles but please bear with meeee ): Also... I was fretting so badly about who to introduce and I finally decided on B.A.P! Oh dearrrr so many rookie groups in this story, but I hope these appearances keep you guys happy! There has to be exotics and babies reading this too right? But don't worry guys, This will stay a BTOB-based storyy just like how my inner melody is unwavering hehehe. PLEASE tell me your feedback about how this is going? Love to hear from you guys!

<3 our btob boys are doing so well now arent they! ^^ I am so itching to write some BTOB fluff omggg arghgkjfdf minhyuk seriously~ I can't even...When I heard last week in an interview that he was actually injured a while ago my heart almost broke...I can't believe he's injured and he's still doing all these acrobatic flips and all...I really hope he's taking good care of himself ): A ripped cartilage is no joke... I had the same injury a year ago and it was so painful; I completely understand how it feels ): Wanting to do your best and continue dancing, whilst pushing yourself to do more rehabilitation but feeling so restrained by the injury...Sighhh my heart :/

Sorry for the long A/N guys! I've really missed you all~
My next update should be tomorrow so check back soon! Have a good day guys!