Heart-Wrenching

Overnight Love

 

Min Hyuk’s POV

I walked out of the shower with a triumphant smile, smirking at the defeated-looking leader. “Sorry hyung, I made it to the bathroom first”, I chuckled as the blonde boy picked up his clothes with a sigh. “Next time, I’m so going to beat you”, Eun Kwang exclaimed smugly before storming off into the bathroom. Even though Eun Kwang was technically older than me, we’ve always behaved more like friends. After all, being a mere seven days older was nothing of a feat. My feet brought me towards the dresser, as I towel-dried my hair absent-mindedly. Glancing at the clock on the wall, I noticed that it was already 4.50! “Hyung, you only have ten more minutes!” I shouted in the direction of the bathroom, lips curling up in an evil smile. “AISH! I’ll be done soon! Do me a favour and round up the other boys”, an anxious-filled voiced echoed from the toilet. I quickly changed into a long-sleeved white shirt, and grabbed the blue jacket draped across the bed. My first thoughts went Mi Young. I wonder if she’s ready? What if she’s already waiting for us?  Although my heart was inclining towards looking for her, my footsteps brought me to the next room. I’d better go check on my dongsaengs instead. Those boys could take an awfully long time to get ready.  Smiling at that thought, I pushed open the door to Peniel and Hyun Sik’s room. “Are you guys ready?” I asked expectantly. From across the room, Peniel nodded excitedly as he buttoned up his black cardigan. As usual, he was sporting one of those V-neck shirts again. Whenever he got hooked to a trend, he would start wearing the same types of clothes, but in different styles and cuttings and colours. Not that it made a difference because the boy looked in anything. “Hyun Sik hyung fell asleep again though”, Peniel chuckled, pointing at the older boy who had fallen asleep with his head on the dresser. “He must be tired from all that gymming”, I sighed in agreement. After instructing Peniel to wake him up, I left the room and headed down the hallway. Pushing open the next door, I was about to announce my arrival when a giant pillow smacked me on the face. “OMO! MIAN HAE AH HYUNG!” A loud voice exclaimed as I stood dazed. Chang Sub was breaking out in fits of laughter as the younger boy scrambled over from the lower deck of the bed. “Are you okay? I’m so sorry! What number is this?” Ilhoon rambled on anxiously, holding three fingers in front of my face. “Two”, I joked, watching Ilhoon explode in a furry of panic. “I know its three, you pabo”, I teased as Ilhoon pouted worriedly. “Are we heading out soon”, Chang Sub called from the other bed. Nodding, I realized that Sung Jae was missing. The boys said that he was the second to bathe after Chang Sub, and that he said something about heading to the North Wing. That’s strange. There’s nothing at the north wing except for a quiet lounge. Nagging at the boys to get ready, I exited the room and headed towards the North Wing. As I passed the living room, I glanced around attentively, hoping to catch a glimpse of Mi Young. She’s probably running late too. I shrugged disappointedly, resuming my mission to find the missing maknae. Sung Jae wasn’t one to wander off… Speeding up my footsteps, I trudged along the empty hallways, ears pricked for any sounds. Suddenly, I heard a shuffle of footsteps coming from around the corner. With sudden inspiration, I snuck over, wanting to scare the maknae. “Boo-“, I started to say before pure shock overwhelmed me. My opened mouth made no sound, as my eyes widened in disbelief. As my mind fought to register the sight in front of me, my heart battled against its slash of pain. It was as if a dagger had pieced me through the heart, making me incapable of feeling any emotions other than the pure sensation of pain and betrayal. In front of me, was the familiar statuesque back of a tall boy, crowned with jet black hair. But what left me speechless, was the head of brown locks that was buried in his arms; held tightly against his chest. The waterfall of brown hair, and striking features that was beautifully heart-wrenching. It was you, vulnerability plain on your face, heart surrendering to the embrace of another man. Immediately, anger mixed in with the pain. Animalistic instincts threatened to cave in, but I fought those rash inklings away. I desperately wanted to dash over, to separate the both of you, to convince myself that there must be another reason for the scene unfolding in front of me. “Tell me I’m jumping to conclusions”, I wanted to scream, hoping with all my heart that you would turn to me with the smile I loved the most, telling me that I was just thinking too much. I’d rather hear you tell me off for not trusting you, and then assuring me again in that sweet voice that I was the only one for you. “Pabo”, you would call me, face twisted in an angry pout, as I apologize a thousand times over for my mistake. But all that never happened. I watched you nuzzle even deeper into his embrace, and the last of my hopes faded away. I could only watch helplessly as he buried his face in your wavy locks. Breathing in that familiar scent of yours that always left me breathless. One of his hands rested slightly above your waist, holding you tightly at the small of your back. The other hand was the back of your head. My insides burned, leaving me weak and giddy. You had never let anyone come this close to touching you like he was doing, especially after that incident. I could bear anything else, but the dying hurt of seeing another caressing you the way I longed to for the longest time. Your response to Sung Jae’s touches left me lurching with pain because You never flinched, or pulled away. Was this because he was the one for you? Then, what happened to everything we’d had? Where does this leave me? That thought proved too much for me to handle as I forced myself to turn away from the hurtful spectacle, my feet carrying me urgently away from their presence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“He’s gone noona”, Sung Jae whispered softly against your ear, arms still wrapped around you tightly. Slowly, he begun to drop the hand he placed by your waist, but stopped when you made no move to pull away. “Noona, are you okay?” He asked worriedly, his voice raspy and hoarse. Your eyelids fluttered open when you heard the anxiety apparent in his young voice. With your face still pressed against his chest, you shook your head sadly.”Could we-ju-just-stay-like-thi-this-for-a-while-more”, you stammered, choking with tears. Failing at holding the tears back, you allowed yourself to sob quietly against his comforting chest. You felt his arms wrap tentatively around your back again, and it provided you with a strange sense of comfort. Sure, it could never compare to the way you fit perfectly into Min Hyuk’s warm embrace, but you could really use a shoulder to cry on. Slowly, you felt Sung Jae’s arms tightened around your back. “Let me protect you noona. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you. Whenever you feel like you need to cry, I’ll always be here for you. I know I’m nothing compared to Min Hyuk hyung, but if you’d allow it, I’d want to try to be here for you too.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMO OMO OMO! What is Sung Jae saying ahh!!! HAHA even though I'm the one writing this I still can't help but be like this> :O!!
anyways, Hi everyone (: And Hi new subscribers! Welcome to the family! Please leave any comments you might have below, and it'd be greatly appreciated! Just let me know how you find the new chapter hahha :3 I always love reading your comments ! To all of you that have been frequently leaving me comments, just know that I know who you aree! and I love you too~ (': Feel so encouraged here~ Anyways, i feel so sad for Min Hyuk ): sighhhhhh, but story's always need some drama... Don't worry, i'm a total fan of happy endings so this story will have one too mhmm! Take care everyone, I promise to be back with a new chapter soon! Annyeong~