Approval

Overnight Love

 

It was eight in the evening when you finally decided to head back home. The sky outside had gradually darkened to a dull shade of grey; a canvas clouded with streaks of black and white. Time had passed so quickly that you hadn’t realised that you’d been in the cafe for almost three hours. Gathering the mass of shopping bags in your hands, you bowed politely to the barista behind the counter. The streets nearby the famous Ewha Unversity were filled with fashionable students eager to relieve themselves from the stresses of studying. Slowly, you made your way up the slopes of the labyrinth-like alleys, hoping that you’d remembered the way to the nearest Subway. Ten minutes later, you ended up in an unfamiliar part of the streets. You knew that you could always phone the Lee family’s driver, Mr Kim, who would be more than willing to pick you up, but part of you wanted to re-live the days before when you were just another normal citizen. “But then again, I wouldn’t have met Min Hyuk , or the other BTOB oppas”, you whispered to yourself. “Things really worked out for the best”, you thought with a smile on your face. You must have looked like a crazy girl, smiling wistfully at nothing in particular. A crack of thunder roared from overhead, pulling the smile off your face. “It’s going to rain? I’d better find my way to the subway station now! I didn’t bring an umbrella”, you grumbled under your breath, increasing the pace of your steps. Soon, tiny droplets of rain fell mercilessly, dampening your hair and leaving wet splotches on your white dress. With no other choice, you ran towards a small restaurant entrance, taking shelter under its’ plastic-laden retractable roof.  Using the sleeves of your jacket, you gingerly wiped the droplets of water off your face, watching the rain intensify to almost a storm. “Why didn’t I bring an umbrella?” You mentally chided yourself. A cold breeze blew past, making you shiver involuntarily. Suddenly, you saw a black, heavily-tinted van pull up along the pavement beside you. Blinking curiously, you looked around, but the streets were empty with everyone running for shelter.

“Mi Young? Is that really you?” A low voice exclaimed loudly, making you whip your head upwards at the mention of your name. “Ohhh! Chan Yeol oppa? What are you doing here?” You asked upon noticing that the window of the van had been rolled down to reveal the tall boy’s familiar face. “Oh My Gosh! It’s really Mi Young noona?” “Get her in the car!” “It’s raining cats and dogs” “Move over Maknae!” A chorus of loud chatter echoed through the open window. You saw the familiar angelic features of your God-brother peek out from another open window. “What are you doing in the rain? Quick come in! We’re giving you a lift home”, Suho barked worriedly. Without a word, the door opened as you ran into the warm comforts of the car. The six familiar smiles of the EXO boys greeted you, fussing over you and your dishevelled state. “Noona’s shivering!” Kai nagged worriedly, noticing that your damp clothes left you trembling despite the warm interior of the car. Immediately, a jacket flew into your lap. You looked up, noticing that your God brother had pulled out one of his favourite cardigans for you. “Thank you, Suho oppa”, you smiled gratefully, wrapping the woollen cardigan tightly around you. Thank God for EXO oppas... If they hadn’t noticed, I would still be standing around in the rain. A sudden sneeze from you made all six boys stare at you worriedly. “We should bring Mi Young back to our dorm to dry off first; since our dorm is in this area anyways. She could freeze to death!” D.O suggested dramatically from the back row. You chuckled at his “motherly-instincts”. “That’s a good idea D.O ah~” Suho agreed. “You should come over to our dorm anyways. Your EXO-M oppas are back from China; don’t you want to say hi to them?” Suho added with a kind smile. “Ahh! EXO-M is back in Korea?” You exclaimed happily, almost hitting Sehun in the face with your flailing arms. “Aigoo what’s this! I believe our Mi Young likes EXO-M more than us”, A whining Baekhyun pouted playfully from the other side of the car, earning yelps of agreement from Chan Yeol and Sehun. “Oppas are such derps! I love all of you”, you defended yourself in midst of giggles.

Soon, you arrived at EXO’s dorm. It wasn’t your first time at EXO’s dormitory... EXO had been living together for almost half a year, despite having just debuted. Being Suho’s God Sister, you had known all twelve members of EXO for a really long time. “Look who’s here~” Baekhyun announced with a melody to the six other boys sitting in the living room. As you stepped into the living room, the boys ran up to you excitedly. “I haven’t seen you in the longest time! How’ve you been Mi Young ah?” A tall, handsome boy greeted you in English before enveloping you in a brotherly hug. “Kris Oppa!” You chimed with a bright smile. “Mi Young ah~ Did you miss us? How’s my favourite dong saeng?” Luhan asked you in fluent Korean, patting your head gently. You nodded eagerly at the boy in front of you. “Of course I’ve missed you! EXO-M hardly comes back to Korea”, you whined sadly as the older boy chuckled cutely. “Why are you wet? Here dry yourself well... We hardly get to meet and we don’t want you falling sick”, Lay fussed while handing you a white towel. His face was serious, his lips set in a thin line. “Ah! Arasso Lay oppa! We hardly meet so don’t get angry at me~” You teased while doing some ageyo. When his lips twitched upwards in a smirk, you smiled brightly when a single dimple formed against his smile. “Xiu Min oppa! I’ve missed you baozi oppa”, you cooed before exchanging an excited hi-five with the ageyo-filled boy. Upon flashing you his signature three-set baozi faces, you erupted into uncontrollable fits of giggles that made all the other boys laugh along. “Ahh Chen oppa! You!” You slapped him playfully on his shoulder. “OUCHH. What did I do!” He whined desperately. “Control your powers! There’s a thunderstorm outside”, you teased mercilessly. Exo’s unique debut concept was that they each had a power. Chen could apparently control thunder. “Ahh and lastly, the cute kung fu panda tao!” You chimed at the dark-haired boy who was bombarding you with his “buing buing ageyo”. “I’m cuter than Xiu-Min hyung!” Tao barked, earning a whack from his unhappy hyung.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Suho rushed to open the door as his younger sister, Sung Yeong walked in. “Sung Yeong ah! What are you doing here?” You ran to greet her excitedly as the both of you exchanged a hug. “Suho oppa told me that you were caught in the rain so I immediately packed a new set of clothes for you to change into”, she said with a kind smile before handing you a bag of clothes. “ahh, you shouldn’t have come all the way here”, you thanked her, feeling slightly bad. “Aigoo Unnie. I stay a block away... It’s no big deal!” She barked brightly, linking arms with you. “Aigooo! Today’s a really good day! My favourite noona and dongsaeng are both here”, Kai exclaimed with a smirk as he playfully wrapped an arm around Sung Yeong’s shoulder. Sung Yeong rolled her eyes while sticking her tongue out at the childish boy. “Kai, you better get your arms off Sung Yeong before Suho sees you”, Kris reminded the younger boy with a glint in his eyes. With a gulp, Kai retracted his arm and was contented with returning to D.O’s side. Both you and Sung Yeong laughed at his reaction, before heading into the room Suho and Sehun shared. Before heading into the shower, you whipped out your phone.

To: Min Hyuk <3
Min Hyuk oppa... I got caught in the rain while shopping today. Don’t worry about me, because I bumped into EXO oppas. I’m at their dormitory now... I’ll just wash up and head back home when I’m done ~don’t worry alright? ^^  I miss you! See you soon oppa <3

While you took a nice long, warm and relaxing shower, Sung Yeong was lazing on Suho’s bed, flipping through her brother’s collection of books.
“You make me go insane! She gives me so such pain! I won’t be back again! I wanna hate you...” Your phone started to ring as it vibrated from your bag on the bed. “Unnie! Your phone’s ringing!” Sung Yeong exclaimed loudly. “Ahh! Help me answer it~” You shouted back to her from inside the bathroom. Sung Yeong furrowed through the various items in your bag, finally pulling out your phone with a triumphant smile. That very smile faltered slightly once she saw the caller-id on your phone. The screen was flashing with a picture of a boy she recognised, a boy with jet black hair, perfect features, and the most beautiful smile she had ever seen. “Sung jae?” She gasped as the phone continued to vibrate relentlessly. Subconsciously, she breathed in deeply before hitting the button on the screen. “Yeobeosayeo?” She asked softly, her voice slightly trembling from nervousness. “Mi Young noona~ Where are you! Min Hyuk hyung said something about you being over at EXO’s dormitory? Wae? Are you coming back soon?” The boy on the other end of the line rattled on, unaware that it wasn’t you that was on the phone. Hearing his mere voice left her with tingles in the pits of her tummy. “Su-sung jae shi? I’m sorry... Mi Young unnie is in the bathroom... This is sung yeong”, she managed to convey in between stutters. The abrupt silence on the other end left her  biting her lip, wondering if she had said anything wrong. “Sung Yeong-shi? Ahh, I’m sorry! I thought you were Mi Young noona...” the same voice finally drifted through the various bytes of information travelling through space to the cell phone in your hands. “Gwenchana”, you mumbled with a small smile on your lips. “Ne... Ahh, It’s alright then... Sung Yeong shi, thanks for everything... and goodnight”, Sung Jae said, his voice thick with emotions. “Ne Sung Jae shi... Goodnight”, Sung Yeong replied him, lips curling up into a wide smile that he would never know about. When the call ended, she placed the cell phone limply on the bed. Raising her palms to her cheeks, she could feel the heat radiating from under her skin. “Sung Yeong ah~ Who was that?” You asked her curiously as you stepped out of the bathroom. Tilting your head curiously, you noticed that a faint blush tainted her cheeks. “It was Sung Jae-shi... He asked you to head home soon”, Sung Yeong replied looking a tad embarrassed. “Ahh... Sung Jae”, you snickered at her readable expression. Sitting down on the bed beside her, you dried your hair distractedly. “So... Do you like Sung Jae?” You asked softly. WOW mi Young... way to be subtle... “What Unnie!! Nooo”, Sung Yeong started to blatantly deny. You waved your fingers at her teasingly, watching a blush form on her face. “Just asking... You know I’m always here for you right?” You said with a small smile, laying your hand on her arm. Just then, your phone started to ring loudly again. Glancing at the caller-id, a huge smile spread against your gentle features as you picked up the call.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oppa?”
“Mi Young ah~ Are you still at EXO’s dorm?”
“Ne... Wae? And did you tell Sung Jae? Because he just called me, demanding me to come back soon”
“Aish, that pabo maknae. He’s right though... I miss you already”
“Oppa! You’re so cheesy!”
“Anyways, BTOB just ended our rehearsals. I’ll be coming over to pick you up from EXO’s dorm alright?”
“Jinja? You don’t have to oppa... I mean you must be tired and all...”
“Aigoo this girl... You’re at a dorm alone with twelve boys!”
“Aniyaaaa... They’re my oppas! Lee Min Hyuk, don’t tell me you’re jealous”
“What! Me? Yah Lee Mi Young, you’re thinking too much”
“Really? I still think you’re jealous though”
“Aish fine... I admit I’m jealous alright? Now will you let me come pick my girlfriend up?”
“Ne arrasso! I love you too Min Hyukkie oppa”

 

As you put down the phone, an unstoppable smile tugged on your lips. You turned around to see Sung Yeong with a smug expression on her face. Her lips were curved into a smirk as she made googly eyes at you. “Unnie! You and Min Hyuk are really cute”, she teased in between fits of giggles. You slapped her shoulder playfully before the both of you went back out to the living room.
 

“Tsk tsk tsk... Here comes the traitor”, Baekhyun announced with a mischievous grin on his angelic features. “What traitor? Are you talking about me? What did I do?” You shot them a mock-hurt expression, clutching your chest in shock. “We heard your phone ring tone... Sigh, you’ve made us really disappointed! Instead of putting your EXO oppa’s MAMA, its BTOB’s insane?” Xiu Min teased mercilessly, his eyes twinkling with mischief. You glanced around at the other EXO members, pleading for help. D.O had the grace to look confused, while the others chuckled along... It was clear whose side they were on. Desperate, you pinned your hopes on Luhan and Lay, the kindest of all the members. “Come on guys... Let’s not be too hard on her”, Luhan started to say, an innocent expression on his face. Yesss Luhan oppa is always on my side... “After all, we all know she has a valid reason... Now that she has a boyfriend~” Luhan added on, his innocent expression a contrast to his evil teasing. Your jaw dropped in shock, as Luhan hi-fived Baekhun and Xiu Min. “How did you guys find out about me and Min Hyuk?” You demanded, shocked to realise that your new relationship status had probably been the centre of EXO’s gossip for a while. “We’re your oppas... You can’t expect to keep things like this from us”, Kris spoke up from his position on the couch. “Not you too~” You whined, shooting EXO-M’s leader a look of betrayal. “Ahh, mei mei. Don’t worry... The EXO members mean no harm... We’re just happy for you. After all, Min Hyuk seems like a really nice guy”, Lay said gently while patting you on the head.  You felt the corners of your eyes well up slightly. Honestly, you were slightly afraid of what others would think of your relationship with Min Hyuk. That was why having EXO’s approval was of utmost importance to you. The EXO members must have found out through Suho about Min Hyuk’s actual birth identity, and you guessed that Min Hyuk must have personally confided in your God-brother about it. Min Hyuk oppa... Does it not matter to you if others find out about your true identity? Am i really worth it? What did I ever do to deserve a boy like you... You looked up to see all twelve members of exo staring at you intently, their faces a myriad of expressions filled with approval.

 

Hi everyone!~ Back with a quick update like I've promised! (: I hope you guys don't mind the minor EXO character Inserts! :) As you can probably tell, I'm a exo fan tooo ^^ But no worries, I love BTOB way too much haha~ EXO will play minor roles in this story! AYou guys don't mind right? heheh! A warm hello to all the new subbies, and a big love-filled thank you to all who left me comments! I've missed hearing from all of you, and you guys were my motivation behind such a quick update heheh~ lots of love <3 Jaljayoo