The boys are back

Overnight Love

 

“They wanted you to do WHAT?” Eunkwang growled menacingly, his demeanor unlike the leader’s usual gentle side. The BTOB boys didn’t seem to mind, they too were incensed by Minhyuk’s encounter with BAP. “How did they even get their hands on the photos in the first place?” Sungjae ran his hands through his matted hair in anger. “I always knew there was something wrong with them”, Changsub frowned, laying his hand on a boiling Eunkwang.’s shoulder. “What right do they have asking you to break up with Noona!” Ilhoon ranted in disbelief, absolutely livid at the idea. Peniel shook his head silently before looking up at Minhyuk. “Hyung, You’re not planning to do what they say right?” He added with obvious concern. The boys bit their lips in frustration at Minhyuk’s slient answer. “I don’t want her to get hurt”, Minhyuk muttered under his breath, a sad expression in his eyes. “Yah Lee Minhyuk, you can’t really be thinking of leaving her because of them?!” Eunkwang exclaimed, laying a firm hand on his friend’s shoulder. “I won’t let you do that”, Hyunsik stated clearly, a defiant look in his eyes. “I won’t let you break up with her after all you both went through to be together”, he muttered. Minhyuk looked at the younger boy expectantly, his words having triggered something in his mind. “Hyung”, Sungjae probed with worry. Images of Minhyuk and you started to fly past your eyes, and your answer was clear.  “I won’t give her up without a fight”, Minhyuk finally spoke with determination.  A small smile started to build on Eunkwang’s pale face. “Neither will we”, he smirked. “They’ll have to get rid of us first”.

Outside the mansion perched on  a hill top in Busan, the sun was starting to set. You were busy in the kitchen, whipping up a Italian feast and waiting for Minhyuk to return. He had texted you half an hour ago, saying that he was on the final stretch home, and he had a surprise for you. You chucked at his cryptic message, turning your attention back to simmering the cream sauce that was now emitting a fragrant steam. When the doorbell rang, you ran to open it expectantly. “Minhyuk oppa-“… “Wait, daehyun?” You jumped at the boy who was standing on your doorstep. “What are you doing here?” You exclaimed, as Daehyun grinned at your blank expression. “I have something to tell you”, He patted your head gently, putting his foot through the doorframe. You quickly blocked him, earning a frown. “Look Dae, Minhyuk’s gonna be back anytime now. Can it wait?” You whispered worriedly, repeatedly checking the driveway for any sign of a car pulling up. “You don’t want him to see us together don’t you”, Daehyun’s lips dropped into  a firm line.  “I just don’t want my brother to get the wrong idea. “ You replied absentmindedly. “Cause there’s nothing going on between us, is there?” He muttered under his breath. “what?” You looked up at him when his voice dropped into an inaudible whisper. “Just meet me outside tonight at 12” He urged, eyes pleading earnestly before he disappeared into the night. Your bewilderment was cut short when the a familiar car drove up towards the house.

Your eyes widened happily, before blinking in surprise when not one, but seven boys emerged. “OPPASSSS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HEREEE!” You exclaimed excitedly, running up to meet them. “Waaaaa, “ you ran into Minhyuk’s arms to meet his twinkling eyes before turning around to the other six boys. “What are you all doing here?” You grinned as Hyunsik slipped one arm around your waist. “We came cause we missed you”, he teased, giving you a brotherly hug. “We’ve really missed you noona!!!” Ilhoon and Sungjae enveloped you in a rowdy group hug. Eunkwang chucked merrily, patting your head and ruffling your hair. Changsub pouted at you. “Didn’t you miss us too?”.  You nodded eagerly and ran over to hug him too. “You don’t know how great it is to see you again”, Peniel whispered, giving you a light fist bump and a hug. “Come on, let’s head in”, Minhyuk placed his hands on your shoulders to steer you into the house as the six noisy boys followed. “So this is the surprise?” You teased Minhyuk, but he seemed to be in a daze, his thoughts somewhere far away. “Oppa, are you okay?” You nudged him gently. “Oh-yeah what were you saying Jagi?” He quickly plastered a smile on his face, but not just quick enough to cover up the split second of worry when he let his mind drift to BAP. You shrugged it off, just happy to have Minhyuk back by your side.