Happiness

Overnight Love

 

Hi everyone (:  I have a day off from work today, so I was moping around at home before I decided to get out of the house... So here I am, sitting at a picturesque cafe hidden near my house! 

“Oppa, you’re really cheesy you know?” You teased as the both of you walked out of garden filled with couple trees. “Bwoh? Me?” Min Hyuk said with widened eyes. You nodded mischievously, shooting him a playful grin. “Yah, I try to be romantic and it comes off as cheesy?” He said with a mock hurt expression.  You chuckled at his acting. You ran back beside him, and stood on your tippy toes. “I like it though”, you whispered against his ears before running off, embarrassed.  Min Hyuk turned a tinge of pink and ruffled his hair nervously.  Aish this girl...  With a playful smirk on his face he started to chase after you. “Come here, my wifeyyyyy!” He exclaimed, purposefully dragging the last word. Immediately, your ears turned pink. “Yah oppaaaa! Don’t call me thattt... yet” You whined, face flushing with embarrassment. “It’s only going to be a matter of time. You need to get used to it... Wifeyyy” He announced with a smirk, his eyes curving into sly crescents. “ahhhh! Don’t call me thatttt”, you covered your ears, pretending that you couldn’t hear him as you ran further ahead. You heard his roar of laughter behind you as he started to chase you. With a shriek, you raced even further, not even looking at where you were headed. Suddenly, you collided with something hard and warm. “Omo! I’m so sorry!” You immediately started to say before your words trailed off. “Mi Young?” The tall, smiley boy asked unsurely. “Chan..chan yeol oppa?” You gasped, recognising his wide smile anywhere. You heard the shuffle of footsteps behind you, sensing that Min Hyuk had finally caught up with you. “It really is you! What are you doing here?” Chan Yeol barked excitedly, his usual enthusiasm contagious in the air. “I’m here on a dat-“ You almost said but stopped when you saw Chan Yeol’s ears prick up in mischief.  You were saved when Min Hyuk bowed politely to Chan Yeol. “Anyeonghaseyo, Lee Min Hyuk imida”, he greeted with a kind smile. Chan Yeol returned his bow before smiling brightly at him. “So you’re the famous Min Hyuk hyung! I’m Chan Yeol of Exo”, He said as both of the boys shook hands. “WOAH. Chan yeol oppa!!! How do you know about Min Hyuk?!” You barked in shock, watching his expression falter.  “Suho hyung told us about your btob oppas, and how you ran away from Min Hyuk hyung even though you were obviously in lov-“Chan Yeol started to ramble before you elbowed him. Beside you, Min Hyuk was trying to stifle his unstoppable chuckles. You watched in utter shock as the boys exchanged a high five. What! They’re acting like best friends already!  Trying to change the subject, you asked. “Are the other EXO-K oppas here?” Chan Yeol nodded, explaining that they were taking a breath of fresh air after training for a long day. Immediately after, he started to usher the both of you towards a crowded pavilion. As soon as Chan Yeol’s back was turned, you felt Min Hyuk reach for your hand. “So what exactly did you tell Suho-sshi?” Min Hyuk teased as you felt your cheeks redden.  With a coy smile, Min Hyuk let go of your hand when five other boys ran up to you. “Mi Young ah! What are you doing here?” Suho exclaimed with a prince-like smile before embracing you in a hug. He then turned to Min Hyuk, bowing to him politely. “You must be Min Hyuk-sshi?” Suho said knowingly. “Suho-sshi, Thanks for taking such good care of Mi Young”, Min Hyuk replied to the younger boy. “Ahh, Min Hyuk hyung... Don’t mention it! I’m just glad you managed to find her. She can be real stubborn sometimes”, Suho said while patting you on the head. As the other EXO-K members gathered around, they all exchanged polite greetings with Min Hyuk. You watched in admiration as Min Hyuk and Baekhyun were engaged in an animated conversation. You were slightly afraid of the awkward meeting between EXO and BTOB... After all, they were set to pit against each other as rookies this year. However, you were at ease seeing how the EXO boys treated him warmly; in fact, they were already calling him “Hyung” and even “Sunbaenim”.  “I think you found the right guy”, Suho suddenly whispered to you. You smiled, touched by his approval.  After saying goodbye to the other EXO oppas, you and Min Hyuk headed down Namsan Tower together.

The next day, BTOB spent the whole day practicing for their first music show performance. You had moved back into the Lee family, but had yet to see your dad because he was asleep. You were talking to your aunt, who had updated you on his condition. In the past week, your dad had been suffering from acute Insomnia. You gave Aunt Lee a warm hug, thanking her for taking care of your dad while you were away.  As you headed back into the familiar comforts of your room, your phone buzzed repeatedly. Picking up your phone, you saw that is was a message from Eun Kwang.

BTOB’s having a dinner celebration tonight! As our younger sister, you have to be there alright! We’ll pick you up from home at 8! ANNYEONG MIYOUNGIE!

You chuckled at his nickname for you. Other than the BTOB oppas, you would never allow anyone to call you anything that cheesy. Suddenly, your phone beeped again. You clicked on the new message, expecting it to be from the forgetful leader oppa.

I miss you.

You flushed a shade of pink.  What was with Min Hyuk’s cryptic message? It was really amazing how only three words could make your heart beat with such intensity. You replied him carefully.

Do well at practice and I’ll see you tonight! I miss you too! But really oppa, must you be this cheesy? ^^

Slowly, you started to get ready. It was 7.30 when you pulled on a presentable outfit, a floral peter-pan collared dress. At 8 O clock, you heard the roaring of an engine and rushed to the door. You hopped on the van, greeted with a chorus of “hellos”. You were sitting beside Chang Sub, who usually sat beside the door. Eun Kwang was in the front seat, whilst Hyun Sik was beside Changsub. The three maknaes occupied the back row, and Min Hyuk was seated on Hyun Sik’s other side. “Changsub hyungg! You know you should exchange seats with Min Hyuk hyung!” Ilhoon bellowed from behind you. You whipped your head around to give him a death glare. The van burst into loud roars of laughter as you sank further into your seat. “Yah yah! Stop bullying my girlfriend alright”, Min Hyuk suddenly spoke up, making the three youngest boys hoot and holler. You playfully tossed a pillow towards the back row as it hit Sung Jae softly on the face. “HYUNGG, your girlfriend is violent”, the maknae whined as you pumped your fists triumphantly. Hyun Sik snickered at your reaction as you smiled sweetly at him. From the corner of your eye, you saw that Peniel was smiling distractedly at the screen of his phone. I wonder who he’s texting.... Could it be?  You made a mental note to confront him soon. Soon the van stopped in front of a cosy grilled-meat restaurant. The boys got off the van excitedly and ran into the restaurant. You giggled at their childish actions. You’d think they were starving for a week or something.  “Come on, let’s go in”, Min Hyuk said softly, placing his arm around your shoulder. The both of you were the last ones to go in, so you were spared from more teasing. As you were ushered to a private room, you were shocked to see two more familiar faces seated at the table. “Suho oppa! Sung Yeong ah! What are you guys doing here?” You asked, stunned at their sudden appearance. Suddenly Suho got up and walked towards Min Hyuk. “It’s all thanks to Min Hyuk Hyung! He invited us along”, Suho said while the both of them exchanged a brotherly hug. “Why didn’t you tell us that your God-brother was Suho of Exo?” Eun Kwang scolded playfully. Touched, you gave Min Hyuk a hug, earning smirks from the other BTOB boys. Immediately after that, you ran towards the girl beside Suho, sweeping her in an affectionate hug. “Sungyeong ah! I haven’t seen you in so long!! How have you been!” You asked excitedly. “Unnie!!! I’ve missed you so much! Suho oppa didn’t even tell me that you were staying with him! I could have visited you!” Sungyeong replied, shooting her oppa an accusing glare. You hugged her even tighter before turning her to face the curious BTOB oppas. “Oppas! This is my God-sister, Sung Yeong! She’s 18 this year, so she’s the same age as Sung Jae”, you introduced, making sure to send Sung Jae hinting brainwaves. He was staring at her really intently. As the ten of you sat down, Min Hyuk sat to your left while Suho sat on your right. He was engaged in a serious conversation with Chang Sub and Hyun Sik, and they seemed to hit it off really well. Peniel and Ilhoon were feeding each other, whilst Eun Kwang was making a conscious effort to talk to SungYeong. You could always count on him. Min Hyuk kept shooting Sung Jae pointed looks, making his ears redden in embarrassment. However, as the night progressed Sung Jae and Sung yeong began to warm up to each other. As they launched into comfortable conversations, Min Hyuk and you exchanged victorious smiles. Sung Jae really deserves someone better than me... After what I put him through, I’d be so happy if he could find his own happiness. As you looked around you, a beautiful smile framed your petite features. I guess this is what happiness feels like. It’s being around the people you love.  As if hearing your thoughts, Min Hyuk slipped his hand underneath the table, searching for yours. Gently, he gripped your hand, sliding his slim fingers in between yours. And as always, his fingers fit perfectly between yours. When no one was looking, he quickly lifted your intertwined hands, bringing them towards his face. In one swift movement, he planted a gentle kiss on the back of your hand.  And this is what love feels like. 

 

Waiting for your loved comments ^^ And because Sung Jae deserves to be in love too...Enjoy reading!