I Will Find You

Overnight Love

 

With a comfortable sigh, you crossed your legs atop the high wooden chair. Reaching for the piping hot cup on the table, you wrapped your cold palms around it, breathing in the rich chocolatey scent of mocha. You were never a coffee person, but over the last one week, you had grown to love the sweetest of the lot- cafe mocha... You heard the door knob click open, followed by the load pitter patter of rain outside. As the door closed shut, the loud roar of rain was silenced abruptly. You smiled as a familiar figure walked into the dining area, his hair damp with rain. “Hot Mocha again?” Your God-brother teased with a good natured smile. You nodded sheepishly. “Join me?” You asked, pointing to another cup sitting in the microwave. It was 2.56 am in the morning and your God-brother had just came back from a long day of schedules. He was an idol... well, just like your btob oppas he was going to debut soon. “So what’s keeping you awake at this hour?” Suho asked worriedly as he set his cup down beside yours. When you didn’t reply, he ruffled your hair gently. “It’s him, isn’t it?” SuHo deduced with a quiet smile. You nodded slightly, raising your head. As you met his brotherly gaze, you pulled out a small peice of paper from your pocket. Smoothing it out gently, you set in on the table as Suho scooted over for a closer look. It was a ticket to BTOB’s Debut Showcase that would be held tomorrow. “Suho oppa, I don’t know if I should go”, You whispered with a sigh. You watched the older boy’s lips curl up in a understanding smile. Although he was only a few years older than you, Suho had always been mature in his own ways. He had taught you many things as the both of you grew up together. Over the last 5 years, he had been shuffling between school and training at SM entertainment. Despite his busy schedules, he always made time for you. It was no wonder that the first person you looked for after leaving the Lee family was none other than him. “Although I’ve never met the BTOB members in person, I feel like I kinda know them... Maybe it’s the way you talk about them... It’s obvious that they mean a lot to you. I’m actually kind of grateful to them”, Suho explained, looking at you with twinkling eyes. “Wae, oppa?” You asked curiously. “I guess I owe them for taking care of you these few months. I was busy preparing for EXO’s debut, and I couldn’t be there for you when all those big changes were happening”, Suho explained guiltily. You punched his arm lightly. “Pabo oppa... It’s not your fault”, you pouted cheekily. “AIGOO ah... How can you hit your oppa!” Suho said while wincing. When the both of you burst out into laughter, he pinched your cheek gently. “Mi Young, thanks for understanding oppa’s situation”, Suho whispered with a reassuring grin. “Now...I can see why you wouldn’t want to go... It’s probably because you don’t want to see them, or rather, you don’t want them to see you?” He guessed as you nodded. “I know you’re really worried about them Mi Young ah~ you’ve been talking so much about their debut. Perhaps, you could go for their showcase secretly? I mean, I’d much rather you return to his side, but I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to. I’d never do that” Suho explained. With a last sip of his mocha, he hummed a sweet tune in that melodious voice that never failed to warm your heart. Thanks oppa... I’m so glad I have you...
 

 

Standing alone amongst a huge crowd of screaming fans unnerved you tremendously. Taking deep breaths to calm yourself down, you pulled the black cap further down, letting the tongue of the cap hide your pale face. Stay calm... No one would recognise you... You tried to reassure yourself as you took your seat in the populated auditorium. The BTOB oppas had given you a seat in the VIP section of the audience, one that was really near the stage. You were scared out of your wits at the proximity, but took comfort that you were sitting next to a bright floodlight, making you almost invisible from the stage. You were dressed down, trying to blend into the general audience of young, screaming school girls, and mature, possessive looking unnies. You were wearing black leggings, a white V neck shirt and a brown coloured grungy vest. Coupled with black boots and a black cap, you were hoping that no one would even take notice of you. Suddenly, the lights dimmed as the crowd burst into a melody of screams and chants. Your heart almost stopped beating when seven extremely good-looking boys stepped on the stage. Dressed in black/grey suits, they looked exceptionally handsome. Of course you preferred them dressed down and without any makeup, but seeing them like this made your heart swell with pride. As the boys performed their title song, “Insane”, you sat up intently in your seat, a proud smile plastered over your hidden face. Amongst the roars and aggressive fan chants, you were extremely silent. You were just trying to take in the moment, as you watched each of the members perform. Your oppas... A single tear slipped down the shadows of your face as you wiped it away. “I’m so proud of you...” you whispered silently. As a ballad, “Imagine” started to play, the tears continued to flow. Happy tears were mixed in with drops of sorrow. You missed them so much. As the BTOB members took the stage for the last time, the crowd went wild as you sat quietly among the enthusiastic audience. Although you were keeping your head down, you couldn’t help but look up when you heard the familiar voice of the boy that you loved. In that brief moment, he happened to be looking in the direction of the VIP area... The both of you happened to make eye contact, as his gaze lingered in the front rows. You immediately looked away and sunk into your chair, pulling the cap down even more.
As “Imagine” came to a close, you urgently grabbed your belongings, scared to death at the prospect of Min Hyuk recognizing you.


The BTOB members shuffled into their changing room backstage, faces painted with weary smiles. As Eun Kwang gathered the members into a group hug, the boys started to hi-five each other. Min Hyuk looked around at the six other boys, noticing that the rims of their eyes were all red. This was a big day for them... and yet, he couldn’t bring himself to be happy. “What’s wrong hyung?” Ilhoon asked worriedly, his ageyo voice drastically different from his on-stage persona. “I thought... I thought I saw Mi Young”, Min Hyuk said with a crest-fallen expression, burying his head in his arms. “Mi Young?! She’s here?” Hyun Sik exclaimed, whipping his head side to side. “I don’t know for sure. When i looked in the direction of her seat, my heart started to thump really painfully. But the floodlights made it impossible to see anything”, the older boy sighed. Eun Kwang walked over to his dongsaeng and patted his shoulder. “Even if you don’t trust your eyes, trust your heart”, he mumbled in a kind smile. “I’m sure noona’s here. She always supported our debut so much”, Sung Jae whispered sadly, a frown creased over his handsome features. “I’m going to go look around”, Min Hyuk whispered with a strong gaze, earning approving nods from the other members. “Let’s go look for Mi Young too”, Peniel added softly, placing a firm hand on Min Hyuk’s shoulder. The older boy smiled appreciatively at his dongsaeng, touched at his offer. Please don’t leave Mi Young... Your oppas will definitely find you, no matter how much you try to hide from us

You waited till the last of the fangirls floated out the door in excited giggles. You didn’t think you could handle another attempt at squeezing with them for the exit. The auditorium’s lights were significantly dimmed, letting you take comfort in its shadows. With one last longing look at the stage, you imagined all seven of your oppas on it... With a sad smile, your footsteps brought you out of the auditorium, where the familiar pitter patter of heavy rain greeted you. “Not again... It’s been raining every single day”, you muttered under your breath. Weather in Seoul was erratic, especially in the summer. Afternoons would be hot and sunny, while nights would be extremely chilly with unpredictable rain. It didn’t bother you usually, and in fact, you kind of liked it when it rained. However, today was different. The cold breeze and wet droplets added on to the melodramatic atmosphere... Even life was mocking you now...  You searched your bag frantically before mentally slapping yourself when you realised that you had forgotten an umbrella. Without any choice, you waited under a small shelter, watching groups of fans leave in comfortable taxis. You toyed with the idea of taking a cab, but gathered that the rain would stop you, letting you walk home in solitude. You needed a long walk to clear your head... Suddenly, the rhythmic fall of rain lessened into a slow beat as the rain turned into a drizzle. Holding your hand out into the rain, you smiled when only small droplets wet your palm. Tucking some hair under the dry comforts of your baseball cap, you walked out into the rain. The road was slightly flooded with water that coated the metal drain covers with slippery textures. The last thought you remembered was reminding yourself to be careful, and not to fall. But as life would have it, you found yourself believing in self-fulfilling prophecies because at that moment, you slipped on a metal cover and fell. Your left elbow grazed the rough surface of the pavement as your phone flew out of your grasp. “Ouchhhh”, you whispered as you planted both arms on the wet floor. Your phone had almost flown a metre, and was lying in a puddle ahead. Life is totally mocking me now... With a resigned sigh, you prepared to stand up when a hand reached out in front of you. Looking at the calloused fingers, your heart launched into a frenzy of beats, a feeling that you could never forget. As your gaze trailed up his arm to his familiar features, you could only stare at him in shock. “O...Op.oppa” , you whispered incoherently, feeling totally breathless. His face held no readable expression as he reached out to gently grab your arm. You numbly let him help you up, feeling the familiar jolts of electricity as he supported you by your waist. You watched him quietly as he picked up your phone, rubbing it with the soft sleeves of his grey cardigan. You kept your head down as he walked back towards you, afraid of giving your emotions away. “Here”, he whispered in a raspy voice. It was the first word he had said, but the mere force of his soft voice triggered memories that flooded your mind. You gulped, and took the phone with trembling arms. You didn’t know exactly why you were trembling. Maybe it was the cold night breeze against your wet clothes, or the result of controlling the tears that threatened to spill out, or the restrain you were exercising to keep a distance from him. Slowly, he reached out a hand towards you, making you hold your breath. You kept your gaze away from his flawless features as he gently lifted your cap. You stiffened as your brown tresses fell against your shoulders in bouncy waves, as you bit your lip. “I knew it was you”, he whispered. His warm breath coated your pale face, making you shift your gaze towards him. Your bottom lip quivered slightly as you blinked nervously. Suddenly, you found yourself being enveloped in his embrace, that all too familiar place that always felt like heaven. He wrapped his arms around you, not even caring about that fact that your damp clothes were cold. His embrace felt the same, only it had a newfound sense of urgency. It was like he was afraid; Afraid that you would leave again. A warm urgent tear escaped your eyes as you blinked it away, trying to gather the remains of your strength. Slowly, you planted your palms against his chest and pushed him away gently. Reluctantly, he let his arms fall beside him as he watched you intently. “Oppa... You-you weren’t supposed to find me... I- I can’t be with you, or the other BTOB oppas anymore... All those rumours about your identity and dad’s job... I had to do something about it... I have to protect you and your dream-“, you started to say in between sobs when he your face gently. “It doesn’t matter to me... Others’ can say whatever they want... You pabo... Why are you the one protecting me? Can’t you let me protect you once? Not just once, I want to love you forever. Besides, I think I’ve found the reason why all those years ago, I wasn’t born into the Lee family. The reason is you... It’s because we were fated to be together even before we were both born. You’re my destiny. With you, I can face all the obstacles that may come along... “ Min Hyuk confessed, his eyes glistening with tears. Your own tears fell down your face, mixing with the light droplets of rain. “I’m sorry oppa...” You whispered in choked breaths, forcing yourself to turn away from the boy you loved. As your footsteps took you away from him, the tears freely fell, tainting your face with shades of transparent coats. The urgent clatter of footsteps made your heart momentarily pause. You felt his strong arms imprison you in his embrace as he enveloped you in a back hug. Your heart lunged in bitter sweet emotions as you felt him rest his neck on your shoulder. A moment of silence passed before you felt wet drops on your shoulder. From the corner of your eyes, you saw the features you loved tainted with tears. “Don’t go... Please don’t leave me again...” He whispered desperately, his voice strained with pleas that shook your resolve. All that was left of it crumbled as you broke out into soft sobs. All the tears that you were holding back rushed out in waves that streamed down your pink cheeks. Min Hyuk let you go carefully, before turning you around and pulling you back against his chest. Feeling his arms tighten around your back, you sniffed sadly. “You-you weren’t supposed to recognise me... If you didn’t- then none of this would have happened...” You cried in between sobs, as you gently pounded your fists against his chest. You felt him crush you even tighter in his embrace, as the corners of his mouth tugged upwards. “You pabo... Even if thousands of years pass, even if you may look completely different, I promised that I would definitely find you... Because my heart will only beat for you”

 

Hi everyone (: Sorry for my very long leave of absence! I just got back from another holiday (: Thanks for waiting so patiently, and I've come back with an update (: I hope you guys like it!  Thanks guys! enjoy the update!