The Jealous one

My Heartbeat

 

It's a new day and Jiyong woke up rested and relaxed. One thing that Jiyong loved was the feeling of being rested. "Rest" was a word that was unheard of until Jiyong's first job. They made him take days off because he never left. Ever since Jiyong was young he was taught that hard work was the way to live a good life. Taking days off was just something crazy to him. When an elder finally pulled him aside and talked to him about life he changed his thought aspect about working, still valuing hard work but taking time for himself as well. He only had one life to live.  
 
 
Jiyong got on the bus once again for the 30 minute ride to the outskirts of Seoul. Most days Jiyong was normally fearless and ready to work but today he was a little apprehensive about yesterday. Jiyong had never imagined the idea of being drunk in front of his boss and not even knowing what his actions were. Unfortunately he will need to have to rely on his co workers to fill in the gaps from the bar. 'Im never drinking like that again'  thought Jiyong shaking his head at the thought. Finally it's his stop and Jiyong makes his trek to the office. He waved at the secretary and makes a right down the hallway to his department. As soon as he walked through the door Daesung and Seungri were sitting by the door, by their position you could tell that they were waiting for their hyung to come to work. Jiyong looked at the wide eyed, grinning dongsaengs and shook his head as he walked past them towards his desk. Taeyang looked up from his desk and smirked at Jiyong and broke the silence.  
 
"Sooo... how was your weekend?" Taeyang asked with a smirk gracing his lips. 
 
Jiyong instantly turned red "It was eventful."  
 
"Did you have fun drinking with us?" Seungri asked turning his chair to face his hyung.   
 
"From what I remember I did...but I don’t know how our boss came into the picture" Jiyong raised an eyebrow.  
 
Taeyang immediately backed up the younger one "Well we were simply too drunk Ji. We figured that Seunghyun-hyung would be of great help."  
Jiyong rolled his eyes and chuckled "Okay fine if that is what you thought. I hope that you had time to prepare your materials for the presentation at noon." 
 
Seungri stood up and saluted "Yes hyung sir! We have prepared all the materials for battle!!!" 
 
Daesung embarrassed by the maknaes action whacked Seungri in the back of the head "Tone down the crazy Seungri!" 
The whack to Seungri's head broke down all the tension and brought everyone even closer than before. The next 20 minutes consisted of everyone telling what each other did. Pretty much everyone in the room was red from embarrassment because of their crazy actions. Most of the stories were for Jiyong to fill in the gaps in his memory. How he could barely keep his balance, to how he impressed everyone by not running wild. Everyone quickly confirmed that Jiyong was the fun and talkative drunk. Seungri was the wild one. Daesung was the calm one and Taeyang was the functional drunk. Once everyone confirmed their drunkard identity they all quickly switched back to work mode. That was one thing that Jiyong loved about working with his team, was that they could switch into any mode when needed.  
 
It was almost ten o'clock and everyone was about to get ready to have lunch. Jiyong who was always caught up in work did not realize how much time had passed since he sat back at his desk. Taeyang walked over and waved his hand in front of his boss's face. Jiyong semi-startled looks up to see Taeyang chuckle at Jiyong's action.  
 
"Are you going to go have lunch today Jiyong?"  
 
"I think that I will have lunch later today I'm on a roll with today's work"  
 
"Come on have lunch with me today we could go some where close. You could even bring your work with you" 
 
"You know what, that is a good idea. I need to get away for a bit. Even though I love the cafeteria food." 
 
"You are not offending me Ji" said Taeyang with a laugh.  
 
"Well lets go now we only have approximately 58 minutes left..." 
 
"Okay Manager Kwon" said Taeyang with another smile.  
 
They both gathered their things and started to head out of the office to make their way down the hall to the main lobby. Jiyong and Taeyang were both laughing down the hallway talking about nonsense. When Seunghyun was walking down his side of the building and instantly saw Jiyong talking with Taeyang. Seunghyun smiled at how Jiyong was in a great mood, judging from his laughing face and sparkling eyes. He quickly saw that two were not heading in the direction of the cafeteria and walked a little faster to catch Jiyong and Taeyang. 'Where is he going with him?' looking at Taeyang with a slight stern eyes. Just before Jiyong walked out the doors of the main lobby Seunghyun at lightning speed ran behind them and smoothly walked up and tapped Jiyong's shoulder. Jiyong turned around and smiled at his hyung.  
 
"Hey Jiyong where are you going?"  
 
"Me and Taeyang are going out to have lunch today" Jiyong answered his hyung.  
Seunghyun melted at Jiyong's infectious smile "Oh I see. You know if you don't like the food here I will change it immediately."  
 
"Oh I love the food I'm just needing a change of scenery to prepare for noon today hyung."  
 
"...I see. Are you feeling alright today...? Did you eat...wait I already asked that...haha...sorry..."  said Seunghyun slightly embarrassed for rambling.  
 
Jiyong giggled at his hyung's goofy actions while Taeyang was simply watching their interactions. The whole time that they were talking it was that Jiyong was all that Seunghyun could see. Taeyang was not offended at all that his hyung didn't really talk to him because it was plain as day that Seunghyun liked Jiyong and Jiyong was still just as clueless. 'If only Jiyong would open his brain aiish.' 
 
"Something wrong Taeyang?" said Seunghyun almost concerned  looking at the mohawked man. 
 
"NO nothing at all just thinking"  
 
Jiyong looked at his watch "Omo omo we need to leave now Tae!" 
 
Taeyang looked at this phone "Yeah we must leave now!" 
 
Both Jiyong and Taeyang bowed to their boss and Jiyong left Seunghyun another infectious smile that left Seunghyun completely smitten 'Next lunch he's mine.'  
 
Taeyang and Jiyong grabbed a taxi to their destination. Five short minutes later they both arrived at their destination. The place was called "Timber" it was a sandwich and coffee shop, a perfect place for getting something to eat and work at the same time. They both walked in and they walked up to the counter to order sandwiches and coffee.
 
 
Taeyang ordered first, ordering a massive sandwich. Jiyong was rather intimidated by the big sandwiches on the display and gave Taeyang the idea that he should probably order for him. Taeyang chuckled and ordered for Jiyong which he was very thankful for. Just when Jiyong was about to pay for his sandwich Taeyang beat him to the punch and paid not only for his sandwich but also Jiyong's. After the transaction Taeyang turned around and handed Jiyong a cup.  
 
Jiyong turned around with Taeyang watching the man walking to a 'make your own coffee station.' Coffee makers full with fresh brewed coffee both regulas and decaf. And hot water for tea and hot chocolate. 
 
"Their make your own coffee station is totally legit!"  
 
"Yah you know I could have paid right..." 
 
"What I can't buy a friend lunch?"  
 
"...okay..well next time it's on me!" 
 
"Okay deal!" 
 
"Okay now lets get our coffee find a table and wait for our sandwiches and do our work " Jiyong said with a smile.  
 
Jiyong and Taeyang both received their coffee and got straight to work. Jiyong was once again thankful that he landed the perfect job with the best co workers. For a second he felt that he needed to pinch himself because people were just so nice to him. After 30 minutes of chewing and bumming off Timber's wifi and little bits of conversation concerning work and life. Jiyong and Taeyang made their way out of the sandwich shop to grab another taxi. Jiyong who was still messing with charts looked over at Taeyang.  
 
"Thank you for taking me out for lunch." 
 
"It's no problem Ji just remember next time it's on you." 
 
Jiyong received another eye smile from Taeyang. Jiyong returned the smile and thought 'He sure likes to smile a lot...no wonder his name is sun' Jiyong pulled out his phone and typed out a text to Seunghyun.  
 
"Hello boss! Let's meet in the east garden for our meeting today. I need to show you a more  literal presentation on what we would like to do. See you then!" 
"Alrighty Ji can't wait <3" 
 
Jiyong smiled at his text. This would be the first time they have met one on one since the weekend. Jiyong was not embarrassed any more and quickly realized what happened, happened the great thing was that his boss was awesome. Finally the cab pulled up to the front of the Nature Garden and Jiyong and Taeyang parted ways. Taeyang headed to the cafeteria to catch up with his dongsaengs and Jiyong ran to their office to change and quickly headed to the garden. Because the Nature Garden was so massive it took a ten minute walk to the east garden.  
 
 
The east garden is the first part of the Nature Garden. Revamping the east garden was a big deal because the company's 30th anniversary was going to held in three months and the garden to be showcased this year was the East Garden, so everything had to be perfect. Luckily for Seunghyun he could trust Jiyong for everything. Jiyong finally walked up the path way to the center circle of the east garden. As he was walking up he saw Seunghyun sitting on the bench with a huge tree as a canopy. Jiyong walked a little slower to take in the beauty of both the man and nature. Jiyong never really had the chance to really look at his hyung...well besides his black orbs. This time Jiyong saw his masculine jawline, tall structure, perfect lips, nose, feet, to his..'aish walk Jiyong walk'. Since Jiyong was coming from the side of Seunghyun he knew that he wouldn't hear him coming so he had to think of a way to approach him with out him thinking that he planned out his entrance. Jiyong quickly turned around and took the pathway that was facing the bench so that Seunghyun could see him dead on.  
 
Seunghyun of course being early was sitting in the East Garden remembering most of his childhood memories playing in the garden. Because he was home schooled he didn't really have friends until college. His childhood friends were mainly staff and the flowers. That was how Seunghyun became a believer in talking to plants. Seunghyun's thoughts went completely blank when he once again saw the handsomely fair skinned man walking towards him. Jiyong's dyed blonde hair against the sun made him look like an angel. Jiyong finally was standing in front of Seunghyun. Jiyong was slightly confused because his hyung's gaze was different. His black eyes instantly made Jiyong remember that morning after he woke up in Seunghyun's guest room and when he walked into the kitchen Seunghyun was stumbling over his words like Korean was not his first language. This made Jiyong chuckle a bit. Jiyong bent down to Seunghyun's level and looked in to his eyes and  mouthed "Hey Hyung." The fun thing was that Jiyong only mouthed 'hey hyung' no sound escaping his throat and the other did not respond. He was impressed by how Seunghyun was on top of disguising his disability, even though he was still spaced out, which still had Jiyong questioning why, why he would hide his disability. Since the 'hey hyung' did not work Jiyong decided it was time to go to the extreme...he used sign language. Jiyong signed.  
 
"Hello Hyung. I'm here for the meeting today."  
 
Seunghyun quickly came back to reality. The spacing out thing was a really bad habit. 'Aish what is wrong with me'. Even though Seunghyun knew what Jiyong signed to him he smiled back and played dumb.  
 
"Why are you waving your hands at me Ji?" 
 
"You looked like you were in deep thought. I tried calling for you but you didn't respond and I used sign language instead." 
 
"Why would you do that I have no idea what you are saying" Seunghyun trailed off awkwardly, he hated lying to Jiyong but he couldn't blow his cover.  
"Hmmm well it got your attention. Shall we begin our meeting hyung?" asked Jiyong before sitting next to Seunghyun which got Jiyong's heart pounding since the other turned to look at him.  
 
"Can I ask you a question?" 
 
"Sure hyung" 
 
"Are you and Taeyang pretty close?" 
 
"Yeah he's pretty cool he bought me lunch today."   
 
"He bought you lunch?" Seunghyun asked with a little bit of tone to his voice but still maintaining a nice smile on his lips for Jiyong's sake.  
 
"Why? Are you jealous?" Jiyong looked directly at Seunghyun his eyes serious. 
 
 
"No..why would you say that..." 
 
Jiyong smirked and thought 'Jealous' "Of course you are not hyung...let me show you what we have been working on."  
 
Seunghyun clearly jealous put that to the side and began their meeting. They both talked over the basics of the design and how everything from the ceremony to the future of the garden. Since Jiyong was a very visual person he took Seunghyun to different points of the garden to show what he wanted to happen. Jiyong made  sure that he was looking Seunghyun directly in the eye the whole time which had Seunghyun blushing at certain points. Jiyong figured the heat was the cause...but he was as usual clueless. Jiyong was becoming a pro at showing Seunghyun everything he was planning to do and answering any questions that his hyung asked him. Jiyong wasn't a pro any more when he almost tripped himself into the pond two steps away.
 
 
 
Jiyong  pretty much thought that he was going fall into the water for sure. He was just going to let it happened even though he was in front of his boss. Jiyong closed his eyes tightly so that he would not lose his contacts. The weird thing was that he didn’t not fall into water yet. 'Why am I still dry...' he was being held. 
 
"Ji you can open your eyes" said Seunghyun with a chuckle. The thing that JIyong didn't know was that Seunghyun knew this part of the garden like the back of his own hand. He quickly saw Jiyong was about to fall into the shallow pond and  came to his rescue and swept Jiyong up in his arms, an arm around on his back and another holding the younger man's waist. He figured Jiyong thought that he had already fallen into the pond because of Jiyong pursed his lips and tightly closed his eyes. When Seunghyun told Jiyong it's okay he slowly opened his eyes to stare straight into Seunghyun's onyx eyes. Seunghyun smiled at Jiyong their hearts were beating strong and fast, in unison.  
 
"How, how... how did you know...?" said Jiyong stunned at how fast his hyung was.  
 
"I grew up in this garden" Seunghyun answered still looking into Jiyong's eyes taking in the mocha colored shine mixed with warm honey.  
 
"If I didn’t know you I would think that you were an immortal. Maybe you should try out for the olympics" said Jiyong trying to break the fog of awkward but what he didn’t know was that this feeling was not awkward but the feeling of feelings beginning show themselves; almost like the feeling of vulnerability which was something that they are both not used to. Jiyong finally realized the stance that they were both in and blushed. Seunghyun stood straight and helped Jiyong gain his footing once more but still kept his arms around him.   
 
"Thank you for saving me hyung."  
 
"No problem Ji." 
 
Once again they were staring into each other's eyes.  
 
Seunghyun finally couldn't take it anymore and pulled Jiyong into him. Jiyong who was caught off guard quickly melted into the embrace laying his head one the other's shoulder and knowing that Seunghyun couldn't hear him talk he stayed silent. Seunghyun held the younger tightly in his arms as words  spilled from his mouth. "Jiyong-ah...I can't take it any more...I like you...can you accept my feelings?"  
 
Those words made Jiyong's heart do flip flops.  
 
Cliff hanger dun dun dun will Jiyong accept Seugnhyuns love...find out next time lol...