Closer

My Heartbeat

It was ten minutes...ten really awkward minutes with Seunghyun driving Jiyong home. Jiyong was still in shock with just how close his boss had been the past couple of days. The way he sat on the floor with him and YooBin even offering Jiyong a ride home. Jiyong was able to handle everything but just getting in the car with the other man took things to another level. The whole time Jiyong was thinking of ways for escape to avoid the awkwardness. No,he didn't want to get away from him that bad but in the situation where you didn’t know what to say and in Seunghyun's case if he will even hear him the atmosphere was making tense.

Seunghyun saw Jiyong sitting like a corpse obviously in deep thought.

Ever since Jiyong was little he was an open book he could never hide his feelings and right at the moment he was exposing his table of contents to the man beside him.

Seunghyun cleared his throat which got Jiyong look over at his hyung. Seunghyun who also felt the cloud of awkwardness again tried to make conversation.

"So Jiyong" Jiyong kind of jumped at his name "Ne?" Jiyong looked right in Seunghyun's direction.

"I was really impressed with you today with YooBin. How do you know sign language?"

"Well my...my umma was deaf she didn't read lips so in order to communicate with her we signed to each other. She taught me at a young age so I consider sign language my first language then Korean."

"Oh really? That's really cool Jiyong!" Jiyong blushed at the praise.

"Thank you I made sure to keep up with my sign language. My umma was a very special person in my life and always will be..." Jiyong trailed off and kind of got a little teary eyed with the thought of his mother. It's been years since his mothers passing but Jiyong was still sensitive about speaking about his mother to anyone. So his hyung would not see him getting glossy eyed Jiyong turned towards the window.

Seunghyun concerned and a little confused watched Jiyong turn away from him. They stopped at a red light and Seunghyun looked over at the younger one "I'm sorry. Is this a sensitive subject for you?"

Jiyong thankful for once that Seunghyun couldn't hear vocal inflections,looked over at his hyung and replied "No,it's okay...I need to be able to talk about her one day."

Seunghyun who knew that Jiyong's words were laced with hurt looked over at Jiyong with sincerity coating his features "It's okay for you to feel sad or happy you don't have to put on a show for me. Just be you okay?"

Jiyong instantly felt his heart start to beat fast. The light was still red and cars and people were passing by but to them it felt like the world had stopped turning. Seunghyun and Jiyong were both looking into each other's eyes not with love,not with lust but something bordering both emotions but very present was a deep affection of friendship. Seunghyun watched as a tear on the younger one's face make it's way down the milky skin. He reached out his hand and slowly wiped the tear away from Jiyong's cheek. Jiyong as was his usual response blushed at the proximity of the other and looked down at the floor. Seunghyun smirked "I don't like to see my good friend cry,so don't cry anymore Jiyong."

Jiyong nodded as he sniffed a little. The rest of the drive Jiyong continued to open up he told Seunghyun about his mother from childhood all the way up to the accident. In such a short car ride Seunghyun learned so much about Jiyong. Jiyong wanted to make sure that he was the one sharing because it was a way of letting go and also he didn't want his hyung to feel pressured into talking about his disability just yet. Jiyong wanted his hyung to tell him when he was ready...or when he figured out why Jiyong was being so ridiculous around him.

Stopping the car in front of Jiyong's apartment complexSeunghyun continued to watch Jiyong talk about his childhood and his small village didn't realize that he was home. Seunghyun who was just amused at the very active talker next to him simply reached over to Jiyong's seat belt. He moved in super close which stopped Jiyong from talking to him. Seunghyun leaned by Jiyong's ear while taking off the seat belt "Jiyong-shii you are home now...don't forget to breathe..." Jiyong breathed in immediately with a gasp of embarrassment and looked at his hyung who was smirking at him. Seunghyun winked at him and rubbed Jiyong's hair playfully. "See now this is the Jiyong I like to see,be yourself and I'm sure your umma would love to hear you talking about her all the time" Jiyong smiled warmly back and opened the car door to step out,before closing the door he peaked inside to look at his hyung directly "Thank you hyung for tonight."

"It's no problem Ji."

"No...seriously...I have never felt that comfortable talking about my mother in a long time. Maybe because you are..." Jiyong stopped his sentence before his mouth took over once again. "Well what I want to say is thank you for being a great friend and boss. I'm truly lucky to have you and everyone at the Nature Garden in my life."

"It's no problem Jiyong. Now hurry inside it's late. I will wait for you to get inside."

Jiyong smiled closing the car door. Jiyong walked up to the doorway of his apartment complexand waved at his hyung in the car. Seunghyun flashed his lights in acknowledgment and he pulled out of the front back onto the main road.

Jiyong walked up the two flights of stairs to his apartment door and opened it. Exhausted from the whole day Jiyong didn't even try to take off his work clothes but walked straight to his bed and belly flopped onto it plunging his head into all of his pillows. He slowly turned over with a tired groan and looked up at the ceiling. The interaction with YooBin really made Jiyong's day. The little girl was full of joy and had the same spirit of his mother he wanted to take her home with him but he couldn't. The little one had the most beautiful eyes and was just perfect. When Seunghyun had come and sat with them he felt even more complete. For the first time in a long time Jiyong had felt like he had a family. The child in his lap,while another person he liked was right by his side. 'Wait a second do I care for him like that?' Jiyong tapped his finger on his lips when a yawn broke through,he gave up his thoughts and turned over and fell asleep.