Back to work

My Heartbeat

 

Everyone back in their respective departments reflected on the day. The day was a success at the Nature Garden. With the day being so busy Jiyong hadn’t noticed how crazy the office became…well really how messy. The children had left plastic, paper, crumbs of cookies, plates and things he didn’t want to identify lying on the carpet. Seungri picked up a some of the trash throwing it in the nearest trash can.

“Yah hyungs this is going to take forever to clean up, lets do this tomorrow” Seungri whined as he cleared another small corner of debris. Taeyang and Daesung both nodded in agreement they felt exhausted although they liked having the kids over they took a lot of energy out of them. Jiyong however the perfectionist had another plan.

“Don’t worry about it guys I'll clean it up. I have some work to finish so before I leave I'll clean this up. I have done plenty of house work in my day so this is nothing. Go on and rest up for tomorrow.”

Taeyang made an unsure face “Are you sure you want to clean all of this up. We all made this mess we should all help clean it up.”

Jiyong smiled again and started pushing the guys out of the office “Your manager orders you all to go home and rest up.”

Daesung smiled “Okay hyung we'll go home. We all owe you one. Thank you.” They all bowed and left. Jiyong started to clean as he heard their voices become fainter down the hallway. Jiyong always loved cleaning. So the task of cleaning up after children was nothing to him. Jiyong went into the cabinets and found some organic cleaning solutions and managed to find some plastic bags by the trash can to put the trash in. Jiyong changed out of his nice clothes into some gear he would wear into the garden.

Piece by piece Jiyong cleaned up the whole office. Yea it took a couple of hours but the feeling of making things as good as new again was a fun thing for Jiyong. Cleaning was almost like therapy to him. Jiyong the vacuum cleaner and started the last round of vacuuming the office. Jiyong plugged in his mp3 player into the office stereo and started to blast some loud hiphop music, so loud that the vacuum could not be heard. Since Jiyong figured that there was no one in the office he started to do his usual with the vacuum…which was dancing. He started to do his what he called 'signature moves' with the vacuum and even treated it like a partner and occasionally air humped the device. He was not trying to be a ert, he was just dancing and having some fun.

Meanwhile Seunghyun started to finish up some unfinished work he could not do due to all the attention of Children's Day. What made Seunghyun's day was Jiyong and Yoo Bin signing to each other the way that they had such joy on their faces. The way Yoo Bin could express herself freely to another person. To communicate with someone else to have that connection.

With those thoughts Seunghyun was just about to leave the lobby when he saw a light coming from the Botany Design department. He walked down the hallway and started to feel the vibrations of a heavy bass rhythm on the floor and air. Judging from how heavy the vibrations felt he supposed it was something like rap or hiphop. He briefly remembered that before he had his accident that he had been heavily into rap music. He had even at that point wanted to be a pro rapper going against his parent's wishes, he still was in a sense. He shook his head it did him no favors to remember a long dead dream when he was living a better one. He walked towards the glass to see a figure behind the fogged glass moving around. He walked to the door of the office where the glass was clear. “Boom boom boom” Seunghyun tapped the glass as he felt the beat of the bass acutely through the door.

Walking into the office he watched Jiyong dance with the vacuum cleaner. The way he was dancing was very fluid and y. Nothing like the awkward movements Seunghyun had to do at work functions that included dancing. Seunghyun who was not aware of how quiet he was being moved towards Jiyong tapping the other on the shoulder. Jiyong stopped dancing and turned terrified hoping it was one of the girls who worked in the other departments and not Seunghyun.

“Hyun Hyung I didn’t kkn knoo knooow you were here” Jiyong stuttered in embarrassment.

“I saw the light on in your office I thought someone had forgotten to turn off the lights so I came over to turn it off” said Seunghyun trying not to laugh at the clearly embarrassed Jiyong.

“I was doing a little cleaning and some vacuuming.”

“I see…is that how you normally vacuum” Seunghyun teased trying to break the cloud of awkward that was starting to slowly surround them.

“Well normally to be truthful yes. Dancing helps the time to pass by.”

“Where did you learn to dance like that?”

“From TV” Jiyong mumbled in an almost unaudible tone but still looking at Seunghyun so he could see his lips.

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong “Well looks like you are done” Jiyong nodded.

“Let me give you a ride home. I’m sure the last bus came by already.” “No, no hyung you don’t have to, I can take a taxi.” “I insist, taking a taxi to your home would cost a fortune. Let me give you a ride Jiyong” Jiyong couldn’t say no to Seunghyun's nice gesture and to his y voice.

Agreeing Jiyong grabbed his stuff and they both left walking out to the only car in the parking lot. "This is your car?" Jiyong stared at the cherry red convertible Mercedes, forgetting to get Seunghyun's attention Seunghyun unlocked the doors and gestured for JIyong to get into the car. Jiyong who had never been in an expensive car before sat stiffly in the seat not wanting to touch anything in case he broke it or got it dirty. Seunghyun smirked at him and started to lean over to Jiyong. Jiyong panicked even more his face burning as he felt the other's proximity. Seunghyun simply reached over and grabbed the seatbelt buckling Jiyong in, not moving he whispered in his low voice “buckle up.” Jiyong swore he was melting at the sound of the low y voice right next to his ear. Gulping he nodded while thinking ‘ he's so y.’ While Jiyong was still caught up in the iness of his hyung's voice he didn’t realize that he was staring at Seunghyun. He was staring so hard that it almost made Seunghyun feel a little unsure of what he was about to do ‘why is he staring at me like that …maybe I was a little too strong.’

Seunghyun moved away and coughed into his hand hoping not to make things more awkward “I like to make sure my passengers are safe. So what's your address?”

Jiyong answered his face hot ‘this is going to be a long ride’ he thought as the car pulled out of the lot.