CH:55

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day, Wanfahmai decided to call Arthit over to her apartment when she was free from work. When he arrived, she had lunch with him and spent the whole day together, lounging in front of the television. Arthit felt relaxed and was happy to be able to be with her for a full day which was rare. Wanfahmai who had been preparing herself finally broke the news to Arthit.

“P’Arthit… There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you…”

“Hmmm?”

“It’s about your father… He has done more than just simply run an unethical business…”

“What are you saying?! Are we back at this again?!”

“I need you to listen to me… There’s a witness…”

“Witness? Who? Mr Haton?!”

To which Wanfahmai nodded.

“That man has something against my father! Of course, he will say everything and anything to make sure my dad goes down with him!”

“We have obtained the evidences…”

Arthit looked at her with disappointed eyes before he said, “You never once believed what I said about my dad, did you?”

“I did give him the benefit of a doubt, thinking of the possibility that it was solely on Mr Haton… But the evidences just kept on piling up…”

“Are you adamant to hurt me?”

“Why would I want to do that? I am not sadistic. I just need you to keep an open mind… Look at the evidences and make your own decision… Don’t simply rely on a blind trust you had for your father… That is all I’m asking for…”

“Were you making use of me all these while just so you could get more info in order to solve your problem?”

“What has that got to do with what I just said?”

“You, pretending to be nice to me… To even say that you love me… When all you were doing was to try to suss out about my father and his whereabouts?”

“You are too much P’Arthit! I don’t appreciate your accusation towards me… If I don’t love you, I wouldn’t even care to talk to you about this… I would have just sprung it on you… Why should I care? It is because I knew how it would affect you that I am making an effort to try and make it easy on you… I know how hard it is when it seems that everyone is against you… But I am telling you that I am here for you no matter what happened! That I see you for who you are! No matter what your dad did… I know it is of no fault of yours and that you don’t have to carry his burden even if you share the same family name! I love you for you not because of your status or your family’s wealth! What else do I need to do to show that I am here to stay?!”

Arthit was clearly in distressed, which made Wanfahmai moved in closer to him as she placed her hand over his in silent, as they stayed in that position for quite a long while. When he finally regained his senses, he asked Wanfahmai to show him the evidences that she was referring to. She had made a copy of the evidences and allowed Arthit to view and listen to it respectively. He began to study the ledger that was detailing every transaction before he began to listen to the recordings. When he got to certain parts of the audio, he too was shocked by what he was listening to. And after he was all done.

“Honestly, I am still having trouble trying to process everything…”

“I understand, P’Arthit… I know it’s all confusing for you… But coming to terms with it is a good start…”

 Arthit looked at her with pitiful eyes while she assured him in the same manner, that he is capable enough to see through it.

He took a deep breath before he said, “I think I should speak to P’Chard…”

“Do you want me to accompany you?”

“You don’t have to… It’s a matter between me and P’Chard…”

“But this time, I really do think I need to be there with you, P’Arthit… It is already hard for you take it in… I don’t know how Prof. Chard will react…”

“Okay… I guess you’re right… I would need your help… I mean I would need your support…”

The next day, Arthit dropped by at the hospital after Wanfahmai told him that both she and Prof. Arthichard were done with their work. They then went to Prof Arthic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter