CH:16

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That weekend, Mr Danurut invited Wanfahmai over to his house as they agreed upon previously in regards to her earning her wages for the missed days where she was unable to work because of the competition. Mr Danurut introduced Wanfahmai to his parents who were home at that time.

“Mom, Dad… This is Wanfahmai…”

“Auw~ Finally… We meet the person whom my daughter and son had spoken about…” came a reply from Mr Danurut’s mother, with a smiley face while holding onto Wanfahmai’s hand and patting on it.

“Thank you khun pa, khun lung for allowing me to earn some pocket money for school…”

“Don’t mention it my dear… We were surprised when Rut told us about the arrangement but we are more than glad to help in one way or another. Tia has told us to agree to the arrangement because you would not receive any help for free…”

“Oh no… I hope P’Tia doesn’t say anything more than that…”

“You mean the fact that Tia has met her match?” prompted Mr Danurut’s father, causing Wanfahmai to bite her lips out of embarrassment, but his wife was there to assure her, “Don’t worry my child… We know Tia very well… And we take that as a compliment from Tia… There’s not many people who would be able to stand up to her and yet remain as someone that she is fond of…”

Wanfahmai only nodded since she was still feeling awkward and shy, Mr Danurut who noticed her reaction then said,

“Mom, dad… That’s enough already… You’re making her uncomfortable with the excessive showering of love…”

“Auw~! Rut… It’s our first time seeing her… And she is sooo cute… I don’t mind having a daughter like her, right hubby?” chirped Mr Danurut’s mother to her husband.

“Most definitely… I also heard from Tia that you did really well in school… I’m glad…”

“Okay okay enough enough, Mom, Dad… If you continue on, no work will get done… So, I better start showing the chores that she has to do… Okay?”

“Fine... Fine… Rut… Be careful okay…”

When they were away from the earshot of Mr Danurut’s parents, “Thanks kroo…”

“For what?”

“For saving me earlier… I don’t really know what to say…”

“Don’t mind them, Ice… It’s just that they heard a lot about you… P’Tia couldn’t help herself and gushes about you to them…”

“What?! So, they know my story?!”

“They know that you are a scholarship holder of the school that they donate to yearly… I mean that info could not go pass them since big donors will get a list of students’ names that they are sponsoring… So, when they received the list and saw the name that P’Tia had mentioned to them prior, they asked about you…”

“Is that all that they know?”

“Well… Ermmm…”

“Why are you hem-hawing, kroo… Tell me… What else do they know?”

“They know that you are without parents…”

“And?!” exclaimed Wanfahmai who was already feeling anxious.

“That’s all, Ice… That’s all that they know… P’Tia and I know better not to say about anything else. Don’t you trust us?”

“It’s not that kroo… It’s just that I really don’t wish for any more people to know about my past. I just want to move on…”

“I understand, Ice… I’m sorry…”

“Why are you sorry kroo? It’s not your fault or even P’Tia… I know I should be grateful to the both of you… And now since I know about the source of my scholarship… I am grateful to your parents too.”

“Hey… About the scholarship… You earned it fair and square… And you have been justifying it with every achievement you have made so far in school… Any student who performed as well as you can, will be awarded a scholarship… So, don’t mention about that any longer,” stated Mr Danurut clearly to assure Wanfahmai.

That morning, Mr Danurut told Wanfahmai that she will be tasked to wash the cars of the house, clean the garage, mowing the lawn and also washing the clothes. Wanfahmai was more than happy to do so since she knew that she is making up for all the hours that she had missed working, in order to earn the same amount of money in just a day.

“Are you sure you can do all these chores I’ve listed?”

“Of course, kroo! It’s me you’re talking about… I am just happy thinking about the money that I’ll make!”

Mr Danurut let out a laugh before he continued, “If you need any help, you can approach pa (aunt) Jaem for help…,” as he introduced the main helper of the house.

“Okay, kroo…”

And off she went cleaning the cars first, before heading to the garage to clean and pack things up in order. When she was done cleaning the garage, the main helper called her into the kitchen,

“Khun nuu (little miss) …”

“Yes, pa Jaem?”

“Would you like to have lunch with me?”

“Food is provided?!” asked Wanfahmai surprised.

“Yes yes… Mr Danurut has told me that food is very important for you… And never to let you go hungry…”

“Auw~! Of course, food is very important… No doubt about that…” commented Wanfahmai making the main helper of the house to smile.

“And by the way pa Jaem, please don’t call me little miss, I am just a regular person… And my name is Wanfahmai… You can call me Ice…”

“Ice?”

“Yes… My mae gave me that name… And I like it a lot…” explained Wanfahmai with a smile.

“Okay… Sure nong Ice…”

The two of them had lunch together in the kitchen as they chatted. Wanfahmai was praising her cooking and had seconds to which the helper was more than willing to feed her since Mr Danurut had request for her help to take care of Wanfahmai earlier as he had something to attend to.

After lunch she then went on to mow the lawn neatly as though she had done it for long after asking for guidance from the gardener of the house, earning praises from him. When that was done, she moved to the laundry room that was located at the back of the house to wash the clothes. She placed most of the laundry into the washing machine while hand-wash some of the clothes accordingly. When she was done, she brought down the dried laundry and placed it into the basket before hanging the new batch to dry. After hanging the last piece of clothing to dry, she carried the basket full of clothes and entered the kitchen via the back gate,

“Pa Jaem, where should I put these dried clothes?”

“Oh… You can place the basket in the ironing room… We will usually sort it out over there… The room is located beside the helper’s room near the stairs. Just walk in from here and turn to your right…”

“Okay pa Jaem…”

And as soon as she walked into the main area of the house to get to the ironing room, she was shocked to see the guest that was present in the house, as they made eye contact.

Oh~ ~ - as Wanfahmai thought to herself before she walked away quickly and quietly towards the room that she supposed to place the baske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter