CH:27

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Ms Daniya was sitting at the living room watching the news when she noticed Wanfahmai stepping out of her room.

“Good morning, Wanfahmai…”

Wanfahmai smiled as she returned the greeting, “Morning Ms. Tia… Sorry about last night…”

“Nothing to be sorry about... Anyways… Get ready…”

“Huh? For?”

“We’re going out….”

“But….”

“But what?”

“I’ve got nothing else to wear…”

“Don’t worry about that… You can grab anything you like from my closet…”

And so, Ms Daniya brought Wanfahmai out for sightseeing in Bangkok and brunch at one of the high-end restaurants. While they were eating,

“Don’t you have work today Ms Tia?”

“I decided to take the day off today…”

“If it’s about last night that you took a day off, please don’t…”

“It’s not only about last night… I just wanted to take a rest today since I’ve been working myself hard… And plus, this must be your first time in Bangkok, right?”

“How do you know that Ms Tia?”

“I know you are smart nong sao, but don’t underestimate me okay…” came a reply from Ms Tia that made Wanfahmai laughed, “Of course not… I have never underestimate you…”

“Good… So why are you in Bangkok by the way without informing anyone and late at night too?”

The question caused Wanfahmai to recall yesterday’s incident of the fight which made her stump for a moment. She quickly regathered her senses and made a quick reply, “I just wanted to see Bangkok, since I’ve never been here before… Just wanted to view the scenery that I’ve always seen on TV…”

“Alright… Fair enough… So, it must be those new long staircases in Bangkok that must have caused your fall…”

Wanfahmai let out a hearty laugh causing Ms Daniya to smile as well.

As they were eating, Wanfahmai became curious about the person opposite of her,

“Hmmm… If you don’t mind me asking… Ms Tia…”

“Yeah, sure go ahead…. Ask away…”

“So, what do you do? Are you a teacher too? Since Ms Mint is your friend?”

“Oh no no no… I don’t have the patience that my friend has to teach… My friend is an angel… But I’m the devil… Actually, I kind of play the devil’s advocate depending on the situation…”

“Devil’s advocate? Are you an attorney?”

“You’ve watched an R21 movie when you’re not 21 yet?”

“Oh, come on Ms Tia… That story was more than just the scene…”

“I was just kidding… Yup indeed… And yes, I am an attorney…”

“What do you specialise in?”

“I’m actually good at everything… I don’t mean to brag, but I am one of those you would consider a hot shot lawyer,” said Ms Daniya.

“Oh, come on Ms Tia...”

“Okay okay… I do a little of everything but recently I became interested in working with the youths.”

“What makes you want to do so? Isn’t a criminal lawyer more exciting?”

“Well… For a start, there are youths who committed crimes too. That itself is an interesting case… I mean… They are so young… So, there’s a lot of grey zones when it comes to decision making…”

“You mean like my case? I mean I assume you would have known from Ms Mint?”

“Yeah, similar to your case… Just that you were not only going against the delinquent boys… But the whole school system. If your case were to come out… I can already imagine the headlines… I hated it when I found out from Ms Mint. But it was too late by then… And also, we didn’t want to force you into doing things that you don’t wish to.”

“If you hated the system so much, Ms Tia, why still work with it?”

“Because I could be someone’s last hope…”

“So, you try to help the less fortunate?”

“Yeah… I try my best to…”

“So do you see me as a charity case too?”

“No… I don’t… I see you as someone who’s being robbed of something that is meant to be yours… And they did an injustice to you by pacifying those that are already more than pacified.”

“Privileged is the word.”

“Yeah… You know what I mean… So, what do you wish to do from now on?”

“I am not too sure…”

“Would you be willing to be honest with me?”

“I can try…”

“Were you thinking of ending it all yesterday?”

“What do you mean?” asked Wanfahmai as though she was cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter