CH:57

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day when Wanfahmai would leave for the USA had finally arrive. Her parents and Arthit were there to send her off. Her parents gave her a hug and wishes her well.

“Take care, my dear… I will miss you…”

“Oh… Mommy… You’re going to make me cry….”

“You go there and kick some , alright? Show them whose daughter you are…”

“Dad~ I’m not going to kick anybody’s … I’m there to learn and come back in peace, in exactly one year, okay?”

“Okay okay… Just behave yourself…”

“I know, dad…” replied Wanfahmai before she turned towards Arthit. He stretched his arms out and she walked into it, snuggling in his embrace.

“You take care, Ice… And come back safely… I’ll be here waiting… Don’t you worry, love…”

This time, Wanfahmai did not protest at all when he called her his love. She was reluctant to leave him but at the same time, it’s the most awaited opportunity for her career. With the faith and trust that they had for each other, she bid them goodbye before walking through the gates to board the plane.

Six months had passed and they were well busy with their respective jobs. Wanfahmai who was trying to get a hold of Arthit was worried sick as she could not get through to him on the phone, since his phone was switched off. She even called her father to ask about his whereabouts but her father was vague about it and simply told her that he could have been busy with his work.

“Dad… It’s like night time over there… And he’s still busy working?”

“My dear… He has just taken over and he has a lot more to learn…”

“Dad… Aren’t you making him work too much? I told you to help him… Not work him to the bones…”

“I can’t believe what I’m hearing… Are you angry at your own dad?”

“No… That’s not what I mean… I’m sorry, dad…”

“My dear… You must realise that he is the CEO of Anada Holdings… A lot are riding on his shoulders…”

“I understand…”

“Don’t you worry… Didn’t you tell me that I could trust him? So, trust that he is able to do well… Okay?”

“I’m sorry, dad… I better get going then…” as she hung up the call. She clearly remembered that she had told Arthit that she would be having a few days’ worth of break and she was hoping that they would be able to video call for a longer period of time than they usually would be able to. Attempting to spend time together virtually. She managed to finish her work for the day even though she did not feel too good about not being able to talk to Arthit. She could not wait for work to end to try and contact him again. She said goodbye to her colleagues before leaving the hospital. As she exited the building, she was surprised to see who was there, standing with his back against a pillar and a black duffel bag. She hurried her steps quickly as she said,

“P’Arthit? I am not hallucinating right?!”

“No, you are not, Ice…”

“What are you doing here?”

“To spend time with you, of course… Didn’t you say you’re finally on a break?”

“But… Dad… Said… You were busy and that you have so much to learn…”

“I was… But I think you’ve forgotten that your boyfriend is smart and quick when it comes to learning… Though not as effortless as you are… So, I managed to get some time off too…”

Wanfahmai could not hide her excitement as she gave him a tight hug. She drove back to her rented place with him on the passenger seat. When they reached home, she remarked, “I still can’t believe you’re here, P’Arthit…”

“Well… Believe it… I miss you sooo much, Ice…” as he hugged her tight after putting his duffel bag down.

“I miss you too…”

“By the way… Should we start making the trip?”

“Trip?”

“Yeah… Didn’t you say you wanted to go to Disneyworld?”

“P’Arthit… Disneyworld is in Orlando… We’re here in Jacksonville…”

“I’ve checked… It will take us about two hours by car… That’s why we have to hurry to ensure that we make full use of our time together… I’ve made all the necessary arrangements… You just have to follow my lead…”

“Oh~ P’Arthit… I don’t know what should I do with you…”

“Nothing much… Just love me like you always have…”

And so, they packed some of their belongings and headed to Orlando, Florida. Arthit had booked their accommodation at Disney’s Polynesian Village & Bungalow. They checked in for the night before taking on the rides the next day. They got on as many as the thrill rides, they could possibly could together and were having a lot of fun just letting their hair down, screaming to their hearts content. The day after such a thrilling experience, they decided to lounge at the bungalow during the day and making use of the amenities available at night, as they wine and dine, and participating in campfire activities. They squeeze in as many activities as they could before they had to head back. When it was time for him to leave, she drove him all the way to the airport to send him off.

“P’Arthit… This is even harder than six months ago…” said Wanfahmai as they hugged each other.

“I know, Ice… This is hard for me too… But I know another six months will pass soon… We are halfway there…” with Arthit rubbing her back to console her.

“Take care, P’Arthit…”

“I will… You take care too, Ice… I love you…”

“I love you too…” replied Wanfahmai as Arthit kisses her on her lips, before leaving. 

 

A year later…

Ms Daniya had asked both Ms Mint and Wanfahmai out for lunch. It was not easy for the three of them to be free at the same time as they all were busy with their own lives especially Wanfahmai.

“It’s so hard to get a hold of you now uh? Little missy? You no longer care for your sister now that you have a boyfriend…”

“Excuse me P’Tia… I am already busy as it is with work… I hardly get to go on dates…”

“Ya~~ Hardly going on dates that you have him live in your apartment, uh?”

“He is my neighbour… He doesn’t live in my apartment…”

“You expect me to believe that, Ice? I’m not a kid… I’m sure you each have each other’s key to the apartment…”

“How do you know that, P’Tia?”

“What? He really lives with you in your apartment?!”

“No not that… I’m talking about the keys…”

“So, you really have each other’s key?!”

“Yeah… We keep a spare… Plus he was helping to keep a lookout of my house when I was away last year… So, how did you know?”

“It was just a random guess… Didn’t expect it to be true… But hey… Do you still insist on me believing that there’s nothing else going on between the two of you?”

“I’m telling the truth! I don’t want to make my dad angry…”

“Oh ya~ Your dad… I wouldn’t want to mess with him either…”

“He is a nice dad ok… Even though he looks stern… But enough about me… You and Ms Mint also have been busy with your respective lovers… Don’t pretend like I’m the only one with the boyfriend…”

“Unlike you… We are like running out of time… My parents have been hounding me to get married and finally I found one when he transferred over to work as a teacher at the school…” gushes Ms Mint before she continued, “And as for Tia… How strange… Your parents finally relented to your marriage with your first love…”

“I didn’t know I had to wait till I’m 40 to finally get married to him… I guess now they are just afraid that I’ll be left on the shelf…”

“Ahhh… The lover that you got reconnected with, while you took a long break overseas after that international law conference you attended…?” commented Wanfahmai.

“I never ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter