CH:21

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The national exams that the final year students were preparing hard for was already well underway and Wanfahmai was left with one more subject paper that is scheduled in two days’ time before she is offcially done with high school. She was working her usual shift and was making her way back home through her usual dark alley, when suddenly she saw a familiar face from her past,

“Aran?”

“Wanfahmai…”

“What are you doing here in Bangkok? And how do you know I’m here?” as she walked closer towards him.

“I have something important to tell you…”

When Wanfahmai was finally a foot away from him, she could see the bruises all over his face.

“What happened to you, Aran?”

“They found out…”

“HUH?! They?!”

“Yes… And they are coming after you too… They know of your whereabouts…”

Wanfahmai was shocked to hear the words coming out from Aran’s mouth. Just when she thought that she was able to start anew, the words that were just uttered by the boy standing opposite her was dropping on her head like a ton of bricks.

“How did they find out, Aran?”

 “One of his men saw you… One night… You went to the eating place… Did you?”

It finally dawned on her to the day that she had went back for a quick visit to pay her respect to her late mother.

“I did… But how did you know I’m working here?”

“They mentioned your school’s name when they were coming for me… So, I followed you to inform you first before they get to you… I don’t know how but you should hide…”

“How can I hide?! It’s impossible! If they already know where my school is… They will only cause trouble there until I show up!”

And as soon as Wanfahmai finished her sentence, the two of them were ambushed and had their mouths taped. They were then hooded up before being forced quickly into a van. Their legs and hands were tied up as the van moved, despite the attempt to struggle out of it. They were drove to an unknown location in a warehouse, when the black cloth covering their face fully was removed.

“How have you been, Wanfahmai?” a deep voice was heard coming from behind them. Wanfahmai knew the person that the voice belongs to, as he continued,

“Oh, I forgot you can’t answer me with that on your mouth,” as he ripped the duct tape off from her, leaving the skin round her lips to be red and raw.

“So, how have you been?”

“What do you want?”

“What do I want?” as he stood up and burst into an evil laughter, “Are you seriously asking me what do I want? You ran away while my men and I were caught by the police! I even lost my territory. That's why I’ve been looking all over for you… But the heavens would have it that I found Aran first, because his mother just could not stop gambling!”

“I wanted to kill him… I really did… Because he betrayed me! He called the police on me… You must be thinking how I knew it was him, right?” as the man went down to Wanfahmai’s eye level and stared into her eyes, “Because one of my men saw him on that fateful night, taking you away on his back… Right, Aran?” as the man stood up again before he patted Aran’s face in a harsh manner.

“I even told him that I will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter