CH:47

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Wanfahmai woke up early to prepare some breakfast for him. Arthit was so happy that he could not stop smiling and when he thought that he could not get happier, Wanfahmai had prepared a packed lunch for him in a bento box.

“This is for yesterday, thank you, P’Arthit…” as she remarked after passing him the box.

They left the house together and they went on their own way to work. When she finally reached her workplace, Prof. Arthichard came by her office to ask her if everything was alright with her.

“Prof. Chard… I’m fine… Why do you ask?”

“Arthit came by yesterday… And was asking about you…”

“P’Arthit? Really?”

“I mean it’s not like we planned to meet… I saw him at the front desk… And he looked troubled… So, I approach him…”

“I think it’s time for the both of you to hash things out don’t you think? It’s been a long time, Prof…”

“You want to talk about me? What about you, uh? Have you done the same with him?”

“Oh, I’ve just shoot myself in the leg with that question… But honestly… We have something more important at the moment that we need to solve before I can even think of doing that…”

“Are you not going to tell Arthit at all? I mean he might be a great help since he is familiar with the high society of Thailand… He even helped to identify the major investor, didn’t he?”

The mentioning of the major investor made Wanfahmai uncomfortable for a moment but she quickly gathered her senses before she replied, “That’s true too… If you don’t mind him knowing then maybe I could use his help...”

“Why would I mind? I know how to separate business and personal matters… Plus… We don’t wish to delay further…”

“Alright then…”

“By the way, how did the meeting with that man go? The boss?”

“He gave me a name… I will just need to verify it…”

“Okay… Keep me updated…”

Wanfahmai went through her work day as per normal when she was called to the medical director’s office. When she entered the office, the medical director greeted her before introducing her to a well-dressed and poise lady that was also in the room,

“Wanfahmai… This is Madam Linny Sujidhana… She has just made a huge donation to the hospital and had told me that she wishes to meet you…” as the two ladies shook hands.

The medical director excused himself, to leave them to have some time alone.

“Ma’am… You wanted to speak to me?” asked Wanfahmai who was still surprised by her request.

“Yes… I wanted to meet you…”

“May I know what is it about?”

“I am here on behalf of my husband…”

“Your husband?”

“Yes… My husband… Tharathep Thanachart…”

Wanfahmai wanted to get up and leave as soon as she heard his name but the lady stopped her,

“Don’t leave yet my dear child…”

“Ma’am… Did he send you here? I don’t want to have anything to do with him… I’m doing fine on my own… I don’t need anything from him… You don’t have to worry about me, Ma’am…”

The lady smiled watching Wanfahmai nervously blurt all that in a single breath.

“No, my child… He did not send me here… But he did tell me what had happened… That’s why I wanted to see you…”

“If you are here to tell me to not acknowledge him and to live my life quietly… I will agree to that in a heartbeat…”

The lady smiled yet again, “That’s not what I would want you to do though… I would like it if you accept both my husband and I, in your life…”

“Why would you want that?”

“I know of his relationship with your mother… I’ve always felt bad about them separating… But our families… Just won’t allow that to happen… Your mother told me that if it was me that he had to marry, she didn’t mind giving up on the relationship… Your mother is truly a nice lady… She took care of me when I stayed over at his place… She was one of the housemaids for the Thanachart family until she just picked up and left one day… Your father and I did try to locate her but to no avail… And at the same we felt a little too shameless to try to find her after we got married. Plus, if your late grandfather found out about us keeping in touch with your mother, he will not have left your mother alone… We are now hoping to meet her again…”

“Ma’am… While your husband did a DNA test behind my back, I guess he did not do a background check on me… If he did, he would have known…”

“What do you mean?”

“I wish that kind of idyllic ending exists… But this is reality… My mother has passed away a long time ago… So, if you could please excuse me?” as Wanfahmai stood up to walk away, “Oh~ Before I forgot… Thank you for your kind donation, Ma’am…”

As soon as she was out of the room, she took deep breaths to calm herself down. She remembered what Arthit had told her about having faith but it was still difficult for her to accept it. Putting her own issues aside, that evening, she gathered everyone at her office to have a meeting.

Dr. Panya and Prof. Arthichard reached her office, and in there waiting was Wanfahmai and Arthit.

“A new face?” asked Dr. Panya.

“Oh… I thought he would be necessary in this issue…”

“His name is Arthit… My cousin…” as Prof. Arthichard chimed in.

Arthit turned to look at Wanfahmai, “What issue are they talking about?”

“P’Arthit… You’ll find out soon enough… We’re waiting for one more…”

There was a knock on the door and it was Prof. Sahat but he was not alone. Wanfahmai was surprised to see was standing beside her professor,

“Matt?!”

“Oh? The both of you know each other?” as Prof. Sahat interject.

“Yes… We know of each other… But why is Matt here?”

“Matt is the hospital’s attorney… His law firm represents us…”

“Actually, my father was the one representing the hospital… But he thought that I should be the one taking over…”

“Now this has somehow turned into a reunion I guess…?” as Wanfahmai lamented.

She told the rest of them that Matt, Arthit and herself used to go to the same school. Before they got back on track with the main agenda.

“Well, we’ve gathered here to actually figure out how do we help the people in Ratchaburi particularly the people in my hometown. There’s basically a company there that is not only contaminating the water source but basically poisoning the people living there… I was able to collect water and soil samples from the factory to prove that my initial instincts were correct. What we do not know now is the full extent of the damage that has been done to the people living there…”

“Is that why you’ve been going back to your hometown often?” asked Arthit as he recalled the exchanges that he had with her via phone calls and messages.

“Well yeah…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter