CH:19

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Wanfahmai had completed tutoring Matt, she made her way to work as usual and began her shift. She was half way through her shift when someone made a surprise visit.

“Hi, Wanfahmai…”

“What are you doing here, pres?”

“I wanted to talk to you…”

“Do we actually have anything to talk about?”

“Wanfahmai… I am sorry… I really am… For what I said about you…”

“There’s no need to pres… You’re entitled to your opinion… If you could excuse me, I have to earn my money… Please do not disturb me at my workplace… So could you please leave…” replied Wanfahmai sarcastically.

 Arthit stepped out of the store, leaving Wanfahmai to carry on with her job, knowing that she was still angry with him. Wanfahmai finally finished her shift exactly at midnight, changing out of her uniform and clocked out as usual. When she was walking on the alley street, she noticed Arthit was standing at a nearby lamp post, she was shocked but pretended not to see as she walked on, but Arthit called out for her,

“Wanfahmai… Am I still disturbing you?”

“What is it that you want, pres?”

“I told you I wanted to talk to you…”

“Fine… Speak… What is it that you have to say?”

“I wanted to apologise to you.”

“I told you it’s fine, isn’t it?”

“No! It’s not fine, Ice… I am really sorry for what I said about you…”

“You don’t owe me anything, pres… We are nothing more than classmates.”

“After all this time, do you really think that I see you as JUST A classmate???”

“Honestly, I don’t care what you see me as… It’s none of my business… You can see me as an alien for all I care…” stated Wanfahmai, and was about to walk away when Arthit pulled her in for a hug.

“What are you doing, pres?! Let me go!” as she tried to push him away, but Arthit held on to her tightly, as he spoke, “I’m sorry, Ice… I am sorry that I could not protect you earlier… I wanted to do something… But Matt beat me to it…”

“Why are you telling me this, pres? I told you that it’s fine… That I am…” but before Wanfahmai could finish,

“I really like you, Wanfahmai… I really like you a lot… Tell me that you’re not with Matt… Tell me that it’s all a lie…”

“Can you let me go already? I can’t breathe…” as she tapped his shoulder, with Arthit letting go of his grasp slowly.

“Are you alright, pres? Are you unwell?”

“I am perfectly healthy… But you… You have been driving me crazy…”

Wanfahmai let out a cynical laugh, “Now you want to blame me? For driving you crazy?”

“I am not blaming you… But it is true that you are driving me crazy…”

“What did I do?”

“I told myself to swear off love. To not like anyone ever again and that I should concentrate on my studies… But when you came into my life… Everything changed. You’ve turned my world upside down and I tried soooo hard not to entertain the feelings I had for you, since you said yourself that you have no time for relationship… So, why are you with Matt now?”

“Are you even listening to yourself, pres?”

“I told you to stop calling me pres outside of school…”

“Auw~” as Wanfahmai let out a sigh, “P’Arthit… You said it yourself that I do not have time for relationship, so why are you asking me if I am seeing Matt?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter