CH:05

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they finally reached the classroom, there were only a handful of students, about ten of them including Wanfahmai and Arthit that were taking the class. They were basically the crème of the crop in chemistry and biology. She then took a seat at the back with Arthit following suit. The teacher then walked in about 5 minutes later. It was Mr Danurut’s class and Wanfahmai was smiling as soon as she saw Mr Danurut entered which did not go unnoticed by Arthit.

The lesson finally began and the class were briefed on today’s lesson before they were given some experiments to do individually to support what they were taught earlier. Wanfahmai was very excited when it was time to start the experiment. She read the instructions and diligently carried out her work. Arthit was stealing glances at Wanfahmai as many thoughts about her were playing in his mind, causing him to be distracted as he spilled some acid while trying to dilute it further, onto his left hand, letting out a yelp in pain. Wanfahmai immediately went over to him, held his hand and brought him over to the sink to wash with running water, still with his hand under running water, she grabbed a pair scissors from the nearest first aid box, cutting off the gloves he had put on, before the rest gathered to ask him if he was okay.

“Arthit, are you alright?” asked Mr Danurut.

“I’m fine… Thank you. Sorry kroo for the trouble.”

“No, it’s okay as long as you’re fine…” but before Mr Danurut could continue, Wanfahmai chimed in, “Kroo, I will accompany him to the sick bay…”

“Oh sure… Wanfahmai. Go ahead... Be careful.”

As soon as they were out of the classroom,

“Do you even know where is the sick bay for you to even suggest accompanying me, newbie?”

“I don’t know, honestly…”

“Huh? Then?”

“But you do know the way, right? And looking at the fact that you can speak well and all… I guess it’s not as serious as I thought it was…”

“Hey~ It hurts alright…” replied Arthit with a pouty lip.

“Yaaa… Even though it was just a diluted sulphuric acid that needed to be further diluted…?”

“Hey~! Wanfahmai~! You~~! You don’t have to accompany me anymore…”

“Auw~~ Okay okay… You can’t be that petty right, Pres…? Let’s go~ Please lead the way,” as Wanfahmai gestured with her hands since she was amused by his antics.

When they finally reach, Wanfahmai was acting as though she was his guardian explaining to the school’s doctor what had happened. A small patch about 5 by 4cm of the skin on the back of his left hand had turned red and slightly blistered. Medication and first aid were applied to ensure that the wound would not get infected.

“This would do…” said the nurse as she sticks the last tape to the bandage.

“It would heal quickly as long as you follow the protocol in cleaning the wound, since your friend here took the appropriate yet crucial first response, the damage is not as severe as it could have been,” said the doctor who was keying in the prescription for Arthit.  

Arthit simply nodded his head at the doctor’s word, with Wanfahmai simply stated, “You hear that? You owe me yet again…” teased Wanfahmai as she nudged him while the nurse and the doctor smiled at her.

Arthit was still overwhelmed by Wanfahmai’s reaction to him in the class earlier as he recalled how she came over at an instant and how she wanted to accompany him to the sick bay. Just from the recollection of the moments with her since morning made his heart skipped a beat and he was in a daze.

“Pres~ are you even listening to what the doctor is saying?”

“Yes…” was all he could offer as a reply.

“Hmm… Don’t seem like it... But never mind… I’ll brief you later since I heard everything...” before she turned to face the nurse and the doctor, “Thank you very much… Is that all that he needs to do?”

“Yes… That would be all… Just that he might need help with his experiments for the time being… I’ll write a note and pass it on to the teacher… Will you?”

“Sure… No problem. Thank you once again…”

Some pain killers were packed in a small carrier and Wanfahmai carried it for him.

“I can do it on my own… Thank you…”

“You are hurt aren’t you… It’s fine…”

“My right hand is working just fine… Don’t worry…”

“Why? Are you not willing to accept my help?”

“It’s not that…”

“If it’s not then… Well let’s get going, shall we? We need to hurry because I need to finish the rest of the experiment,” as Wanfahmai walked on.

Arthit was out of sorts. He did not expect to feel the way he felt especially since he had sworn off relationship ever since the break-up with Yatida towards the end of the previous school year, and had prioritised his studies being his last year in school. He was indeed interested in Wanfahmai at first sight but not more than just a good classmate since he was indeed the head of the student council and he needed to be an examplary student. The fact that Wanfahmai seems different than the others, pique his curiosity from the get go. However, the constant collision between himself and Wanfahmai is blurring his own lines that he had set prior even though he had just met her for a mere two days. The walk back to the classroom was a quiet one, and the silence was only broken when Wanfahmai began going through with him what the doctor had told her earlier.

To Arthit, the conversation was a one-way street as he was simply watching her lips moved in silence as though the scene was playing in a slow-motion manner while he simply nodded along in response. When they finally reached the class, Wanfahmai passed the note to Mr Danurut and head back to her seat. Mr Danurut asked Arthit yet again if he was feeling alright and if he needed to go home for a rest.

“I’ll be fine Mr Danurut. Don’t worry… It’s just that I am unable to complete the experiment…”

“Oh, don’t worry about it,” replied Mr Danurut before he called out Arthit’s bench partner, “Wanfahmai, you shall pair up with him for the experiment. Will that be okay?”

“Yes kroo… Sure…”

For the rest of the lesson, the two of them shared a bench, with Wanfahmai doing the physical experiment while she made Arthit write down the results of it. When they concluded their experiment, they needed to answer some follow-up questions based on the task assigned. As they were carrying out the lab work, Wanfahmai told him, “Sorry to disturb your concentration,” like she knew that he had injure his hand because of her, causing Arthit’s eyes to widen unexpectedly, thinking that he was caught red-handed, “What?!”

“Yeah… Sorry to disturb you since you are writing things down but I was wondering if you are still fine to do the assignment later after school.”

“Oh… That…”

“Why? Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I am fine… Sure I can… “

“I mean we could do it another day if you still feel unwell… Because you seem out of sorts since earlie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter