CH:09 [เก้า]

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days had passed and the end of the day lesson for that day was geography. The teacher had decided to return back their test papers and go through the answers with the class. Everyone else had already received their test papers except for Wanfahmai.

“Where’s yours Wanfahmai?” asked Arthit.

“I don’t know…” replied Wanfahmai after putting down the book that she was reading, unbothered about the mutterings of other students who were already comparing their marks.

“You better ask the teacher…” to which Wanfahmai simply nodded to Arthit’s statement. She then raised her hand and the teacher took notice,

“Yes Wanfahmai?”

“Kroo, I have yet to receive my paper…”

“Ah yes… Give me a moment…” while the teacher was walking back towards the teacher’s desk, it could be heard from Yatida and her friends who were sitting two seats away from Wanfahmai, muttering and giggling among themselves, “She must have done so badly that kroo is not even returning her paper…”

“Ya~~ To save her from embarrassment…” commented another.

However, their comment did not bother Wanfahmai at all but it got the ire of Arthit. He glared at them to make them stop. The teacher then stood in the centre of the class with a test paper in hand as she announced,

“I was withholding Wanfahmai’s paper because I was using it as a template for the classes that I am teaching currently because she had scored full marks on this test. Congratulations Wanfahmai… Even though you are new here… You have performed well.”

Wanfahmai was expressionless just like she had always been. Arthit who was a first-hand witness to the day she was taking her test was shocked by the announcement as he looked on from the side waiting for a reaction from her but she simply placed her hand together to thank the teacher without words.

As the teacher was going through the answers, she simply read her book with Arthit taking glances at her while wondering yet again about the enigma of a girl that was sitting next to him, when it dawned on him what Ms Daniya had told him before that Wanfahmai had skipped a grade.

Mr Danurut came into the classroom to carry out his debriefing again. He reminded the class that he expects the assignment that he had given earlier in regards to student’s ambition to be submitted by the week after. When class was dismissed for the day, everyone had left the classroom leaving Mr Danurut, Arthit and Wanfahmai behind. Mr Danurut came over to Wanfahmai and told her to wait for him at the pick-up point instead as he had already managed to load the food into his car.

“Okay kroo… By the way pres will be coming along today as well to continue working on the assignment.”

“Sure… See you both later…”

As they were making their way to the destination, “Ice, do you have anything to share with me today?”

“Huh? Share what kroo?”

 “You don’t wish to share with me the good news?”

Wanfahmai rolled her eyes and say, “Kroo… You already know, isn’t it? Why do you even bother asking me? I’m sure you must have told P’Tia about it along with a screenshot of the paper.”

“Gosh! How did you know?”

Wanfahmai burst into giggles which was adorable to Arthit’s eyes who had been looking at her reaction via the rear-view mirror.

“I know you could do it! I have always known that you could do it, Wanfahmai!”

“Kroo… Stop with the exaggeration please… Need me to remind you of old times?”

“Ahhh~~ That… No thanks please do not remind me of that…”

Their conversation perked Arthit’s interest but since they went quiet, he dares not to ask further. Mr Danurut then turned to face Arthit, “How about you then? Did you do well for your papers?”

“Oh, me… I had a couple of mistakes here and there… But I’ll learn from it…”

“Great… Spoken like a model student indeed… Unlike someone at the back there…”

“Hey hey… Kroo… Enough already… I know I am not a model student, okay… Don’t have to rub it in further…”

“Oh, by the way Arthit, you didn’t bring your bike today, right?”

“No, I didn’t kroo… Since Wanfahmai has already informed me that we will be heading to the same place…”

“And yes, before I forget, as we are already outside of school, you can call her Ice, Arthit… It’ll be easier for you…”

“Kroo… Why are you the one telling people what they can or cannot do when it’s my name you are talking about?” as Wanfahmai chimed in.

“I am just lending a helping hand, nong sao~~” causing Wanfahmai to simply roll her eyes.

When they finally reached the destination, as usual, Wanfahmai brought Arthit along and carry out the task at hand. They then sat in at the elder’s room that they had visited before. Wanfahmai carried out the task that she had always done only this time, when Wanfahmai wanted to wipe the legs of the grandpa and his back, Arthit offered his help, to which Wanfahmai relented.

“Do it gently, P’Arthit…” reminded Wanfahmai, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter