CH:03

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both of them were taking the same advance class in mathematics. She took a seat at an empty table at the back and Arthit followed suit, taking a seat at the table beside her. Wanfahmai was already getting used to his presence by then and it was no longer affecting her as it did the first time in the office earlier in the morning. Since she was not in her school uniform, the teacher that walked into the class automatically knew that she was the new girl that they were supposed to expect. The lesson began and she was yet again not paying attention to the class as she did earlier in the morning. The teacher began the class with the introduction to the topic of calculus. He then went on to explain the methods and the reasoning behind the formulas and at that point of time, Arthit saw Wanfahmai had her book in her hand to continue her reading. However, this time he decided not to write her a note anymore since he saw what happened to the notes that he had given to her earlier.

When the teacher was done explaining, he then wrote down questions on the board before selecting students to solve it. It was then that Arthit noticed Wanfahmai, who had put her book down and began writing down the questions in her notebook and started to solve the equation on her own. She was always ahead in solving the question with the right answer. When the first set of students were finished with their work on the board, the teacher then called the next set of students to correct the work if the answer is wrong. The teacher would then go through the workings for a bit with the rest of the class before he wrote another set of question for the same student to solve and the pattern continued. It was finally Wanfahmai’s and Arthit’s turn to come to the front.

Wanfahmai corrected the workings of the student before her without much time needed and called for the teacher’s attention to check. She was then given her own equation to solve. Her teacher noticed the little time that she took to correct it and then solving her own question that the teacher had set. When she was done solving the equation, she was about to get ready to take her seat at the back of the class when her teacher stopped her.

“Wanfahmai, wait…”

“Yes Kroo?”

The teacher then wrote another equation on the board besides the one that she had solved. He decided to challenge her when he wrote another question which its difficulty level was higher than the rest, breaking the pattern that was established earlier by the very same teacher.

“I would like you to solve this equation…”

Wanfahmai went back to the board and took a good look at the equation before attempting to solve and yet again she was quick to finish it. The teacher personally took a look at her workings and how she arrived at the correct answer. That very first day she definitely impressed her math teacher and Arthit who was beside her all those times just got further intrigued by her demeanour.

She went through the rest of the day attending class and appreciating the chance she was given even though the start of the day and her encounter with the principal was far from pleasant. The last class of the day was with her homeroom teacher Mr Danurut.  That’s how school always ends over in that private preparatory school. Mr Danurut gave everyone an assignment to do. The students were supposed to write down their current goals and in the near future as they will be graduating early next year, before they are off to universities. The students were told to write down their ambition and how they would like to go about achieving their ambition. The bell finally rang and Arthit was hesitant to leave the class as Wanfahmai was taking her time to pack her belongings while everyone else was already leaving one by one. He thought of offering her a ride home but was yet again interrupted by Mr Danurut.

“Wanfahmai…. I need to talk to you…”

“Oh, okay Mr Danurut…”

Arthit decided to wait outside of the class for Wanfahmai but he noticed that Wanfahmai and Mr Danurut were walking the other way out of the school and gave up on the idea of giving her a ride home. Meanwhile, Mr Danurut had offered to show Wanfahmai the way to the shop that sells their school uniform. They headed towards the canteen first to collect the left overs as promised earlier.

“Thank you very much khun pa… I’m sure they will enjoy the food…”

“Mr Danurut has told me about you… So, I’ll see you often then?”

“Neh… Of course, khun pa…” said Wanfahmai with a wide smile on her face.

As they were walking towards the carpark, “Kroo… Thank you for doing this. It’s only been a short while since I lived there but I can’t help but to notice my surroundings…”

“Don’t you worry about a thing kiddo, I’m sure they will appreciate what you are trying to do…”

He then drove her to the location and when she saw the price tag on the uniform, she was shocked but tried to keep her cool. Her mind was wandering how in the world would she be able afford the uniform with her measly wage as a part timer now, since she has to attend school full time. As though Mr Danurut could read her mind, “That’s why I personally brought you here…” with him giving her a knowing look.

“But I don’t think I can accept your help… I mean it’s just not right…”

“What are you saying? You are a star student that many has overlooked and failed you… And I told myself I’m not going to be one of those people… Especially after my sister told me to take good care of you…”

“Did I hear someone talked about me?”

The sudden intrusion to their conversation caused both Mr Danurut and Wanfahmai to turn around.

“Auw… Speaking of the devil…”

“Oh please… I’m no devil… I’m an angel…”

“P’Tia… You? An angel?” said Mr Danurut in a mocking manner.

“Ya~! Even if you are doing well with your life now… Becoming independent and all, let me just remind you that you are still my nong chai (little brother) and that you owe me a lot. If it wasn’t for me…”

Before his sister could even finish, Mr Danurut chimed in, “Okay okay fine… I owe you alright… Forever and always…”

“That’s more like it…” before she turned to face Wanfahmai who was grinning looking at the siblings’ antics, “So my dear nong sao, Ice (Wanfahmai’s nickname) … We shall get you your uniform… The price of a uniform shouldn’t stop you from pursuing your dreams…”

“With these prices the uniforms are certainly a show stopper… or should I say dream stopper?”

“You and your witty mouth of yours… As I said I’m an angel, aren’t I? We’ll get w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter