CH:45

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day finally arrived and she made her way to The Phanumas Group building by cab and waited. She was told to dress in a black and white office wear in order to be viewed as one of his few assistants. The journey to the location was a quiet one as the news on the radio filled the car. When they finally reached, just before they stepped out of the car,

“Miss… Be careful…”

Wanfahmai nodded and tried to play her part well. She made plenty of observations throughout the building, starting from the gates and noted the location of the lake but much to her disappointment, they did not bring them down to the main manufacturing area nor the lake but they simply allowed them to view from behind glass windows, in addition to her not being able to find out the real owner since the staff who brought them around that day was the plant manager. As they were taking a break for simple refreshments, Mr Tharathep approached Wanfahmai, as they spoke softly,

“So? Any progress, Miss?”                                                             

“What do you think?”

“Then what’s your next plan? Because you have a lot of convincing to do…”

“I have something radical in mind…”

“And that is?”

“I’m going to slip away from this group, later on…”

“Slip away??”

“Yeah… Just leave me be… I’ll figure something out… Because the next part to this is a long- presentation…”

“Excuse me?”

“Pardon my language… So, just let me slip away… And you can pretend nothing happened…”

“You sure about this?”

“Yes…”

True to her request, Mr. Tharathep let her be and she was on a mission. She tried to recall the steps they had taken just now in order to figure out her way around the place. Since it was already late afternoon, she decided to wait out in the bathroom cubicle until the sun had set.

When it was already dark, Wanfahmai who had prepared herself in case of emergency, puts on an all-black tracksuit, a black cap, a black face mask and a pair of black gloves as she stepped out of the bathroom and began to go around the building to get to the lake and began collecting small water and soil samples from different parts of the lake. She tried to make as little noise as possible and with little help of lighting as possible. She managed to get what she needed and thanked her lucky stars as there were still the original trees that they did not remove from before. She sealed it up all in individual Ziploc bags as she made markings with a marker on the bag. She put it all in her black backpack hidden in the inner pockets of her office suit that she had put on earlier. When she was all done, all of a sudden it dawned on her,

Oh ~! Now how do I get out of here? Should I just hide myself here? The bathroom or make an attempt to exit? Desperation makes me reckless now… Damn it…

As Wanfahmai was chiding herself, it then clicks on her in regards to the gate without the barb wire, near the guard house. As she was making her way there, she noticed there were people patrolling but not wearing the guard’s uniform with the help of the dimly lit street lamp. She waited and waited behind a big bush for the pair of men to go on their break. When her chance finally arrived, she ran as quickly as she could to the gate and began to climb over it. However, as soon as she got over to the other side, there were another pair of men guarding the path.

I told myself I’m not going to use my hands to fight again… But I don’t think I have a choice now… Do I? – as she thought to herself while preparing her fighting stance.

Wanfahmai and the men went head-to-head in a fist fight and she was having a slight advantage over them because she was in all black and the fact that she had agility. One of the men then took out a flip knife to try and attack her but she uses the other men as a shield, which prevented the other man to do anything rash.

“Drop the knife and I’ll let him go…” as Wanfahmai tried to speak in a deep voice, masquerading her gender.

He was about to give up but the noise from the fight earlier had attracted the other two men who had gone on a break and this time they were armed with a handgun and she had no other choice but to surrender. She was not only outnumbered, but she was also unarmed. The men caught and tied her up, put her in the car before taping and covering her face with a dark cloth. The scenario definitely brings back the dark memories of her past as she tried to calm herself down. There was silence for about 15 minutes when all of a sudden, the car starts to move. It took quite sometime before the car stops, where she was forced out of the car, dragged by her tied hands and was then pushed towards the ground. She did not resist or struggle as she knew it would only cause her more problems. The black cloth and the duct tape were finally removed from her face and she was blinded for a moment from the light and the sharp pain but was surprised when she finally saw who was standing in front of her.

“What are you doing here, Wanfahmai?”

“Boss?!”

He was the leader of the gang that she used to fight for.

“You remembered me… That’s a surprise…” as he remarked. It was strange since he was almost happy to see her again.

“How can I not remember… You helped me to earn some money then…”

“It seems that your skills are still intact, even after all these year… Judging by what you’ve done to my men earlier.”

“I no longer fight, boss…”

“You may say that… But the outcome is different… So, what were you doing back at the factory?”

“Why? Are you going to report me to the police?”

“Depends on your answer… I might do nothing…”

“Are you the owner of the factory?” as she went straight to the point.

“Wanfahmai… I wish I was that rich so I don’t have to be involve in the underworld ever again… I am just hired to basically oversee the operation…”

“So, you are the caretaker? Then… Do you know the owner of the factory?”

“Why do you want to know about that?”

“I need to know who you are doing business with, Boss…” stated Wanfahmai sincerely.

“Is there something wrong, Wanfahmai?”

“I’m afraid that you might be in big trouble if you continue to do business with the real owner…”

“What are you saying? That’s impossible… The owner is quite a reputable person…”

“Boss… Even though I know that you are still doing illegal activities, I do not want you to be blame for the things that you did not do…”

“Wanfahmai… Stop talking in riddles… Just tell me what is it?”

“How can I trust you with the information, Boss?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter