CH:58

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for doing this with me, Ice…”

“P’Arthit… Who else will you do this with? If it’s not with me…” as they stepped into the prison compound to finally meet his father for the first time after the sentencing. The first encounter in a long time was nerve wrecking for Arthit. However, Wanfahmai placed her hand over his to calm him down. Mr Suriyon finally walked out with cuffs and in prison uniform. The man sat down and immediately said,

“What are you doing here? What do you want? Are you here just to see me suffer? Are you enjoying what you are looking at?”

“I thought that you might have shown some sort of remorse by now… But I guess I was wrong… I guess I was too hopeful... You still have not realised just how much you’ve affected me as a person… And how I worry that I would turn out to be someone like you! You just don’t care, do you? You don’t care how you’ve hurt mom too…”

“If I didn’t care… The two of you will not even be able to live the way you did! All the sacrifices I’ve done is for the both of you! So that you don’t have to feel the way I did! How is that wrong?! I am only protecting my family!”

“And at what cost? It’s an irony… Your initial intention of trying to protect your family became the reason why your family is now destroyed… And not only our own family… But other people’s family as well… I hope you’ll spend the rest of your time here reflecting what you have done and ultimately lost… Anyway… I’m just here to tell you that I’ll be marrying Wanfahmai… I didn’t even want to inform you… But Wanfahmai says that no matter what happened, you’re still my father and you have the right to know… You being my father is something that I have to live with for the rest of my life… But at the same you’ve become my source of motivation to not to be someone like you…” stated Arthit sternly before he stepped out the visiting area immediately. Wanfahmai was about to follow suit when Mr Suriyon stopped her.

“Wanfahmai~” his voice caused her to turn to face him, while he continued to speak earnestly, “I hate you… I really do… For what you’ve done to me… But I am grateful that my son will spend his life with a capable lady like you… Take care of my son for me…” as Mr Suriyon stood up to go back to his cell.

She hurried her steps to catch up with Arthit who was standing at the hallway. She went over to give him a hug.

“You did well, P’Arthit… You finally told him what you wanted to for the longest time… I am so proud of you…”

 

A few days later, Wanfahmai who had just finished her night shift was making her way out of the hospital as Arthit had told her that he would be picking her up. His car drove in just as soon as she stepped out the doors. She got in the car quickly before commenting,

“P’Arthit! How did you manage to time it perfectly? That’s amazing.”

“Look at you… Getting amaze at such things…”

“Life is more fun that way, I guess?”

“Ice… I think you forgot how you’d tease me for being excited about attending the same class as you?”

“Ahhh~ That… I didn’t know that you like me then…”

“Would it have made a difference if you did know?”

“I don’t think so P’Arthit… I was in a different state of mind then… Nothing would have change it….”

“When out of the blue I would recall our days in school, I am still impressed how you went through school the way you did… I think if you hadn’t come into my life… I don’t know what would’ve become of me…”

“I think you’ll still be fine… And who knows married to Yatida…”

“Hey~~ Don’t bring her name into this okay… Or are you actually jealous, Ice?”

“Jealous?! Me?!”

“Come on… You can be honest now… I promise that I’ll not tease you…”

“Ahhh… Is that so, P’Arthit? Okay then… Hmmm maybe I should give Aran a call? Or maybe Matt? Or even Prof. Chard?”

“Okay… That’s enough… I take back what I said… And don’t mention P’Chard anymore… He has found himself a girlfriend now…”

“Really? That’s good to know… But I think it’ll still work though if I were to say otherwise…”

“Ice… Please stop… I’m sorry okay… I shouldn’t have started it…”

“Good that you know, P’Arthit… And please note that it’s you that I choose to be with…”

“Why me though? I mean they are all charming… Even from a man’s perspective… That’s why Yatida fell head over heels for P’Chard when he came back during one of his summer breaks…”

“I don’t need someone to sweep me off my feet… Or charm me… I just need someone to be there for me… To be supportive of me… An anchor… Because my life is already full of excitement… And I just want someone cosy… And that someone is you…”

Arthit felt good upon hearing what she had to say, and was thinking of happy thoughts when he was interrupted.

“By the way, where are we going? You didn’t really tell me anything on the phone earlier… All you said was we’re getting breakfast. But it will be lunch time now.”

“We were supposed to have breakfast… But you finished work later than expected…”

Arthit brought her to the where they frequented when they were in high school.

“Are we having my favourite?!”

“Yep… It’s been a long while since we came here…”

“I missed the food here…”

“You can have two bowls today if you want to…”

“Ayyy~ P’Arthit… Two bowls is too much… How about one and a half?”

Arthit let out a laughter, “Fine… Three bowls it is…”

He then placed their order with an addit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter