CH:59

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of weeks later, Wanfahmai had arranged a lunch date with Ms Daniya and Ms Mint. They decided to have it at Ms Daniya’s home because she was still in her early stages of pregnancy.

“P’Tia… Please rest will you… Let me do it…”

“That’s right, Tia… Ice and I can handle it…”

“Why are the two of you acting like I’m immovable?”

“You’re not immovable P’Tia… But you just need to move less…” replied Wanfahmai as she plated the takeaway food that she had bought before coming over. Ms Mint then placed the plates on the dining table before getting the cutlery.

“Ice… Why did you want to have lunch with us? I’m sure it’s not about visiting a pregnant mom, right?” commented Ms Daniya.

“Well… I thought that it will be good to have lunch before I get busier…”

“Busier?! You’re too much of a workaholic, Ice! Please spare a thought for Arthit will you?!”

“Gosh, Tia… Calm yourself down… You have a child in you…”

“But Mint... This girl… Just listen to what she just said… She got promoted yet she will only be getting busier…”

“Weren’t you against her and Arthit at first? Now you are even asking her to spare a thought for him?” remarked Ms Mint.

“I was being a good sister then… I was keeping him in check at first… But after I knew Ice likes him… I was kind to him, wasn’t I? Was I that bad?”

Wanfahmai who was witnessing the two friends bicker like old days simply laughed.

“Did you just laugh, Ice? Do you want to raise my blood pressure uh? Stop making Arthit wait for you any longer… Pity the boy… Okay?”

“P’Tia… I didn’t say anything about getting busier with work…”

“Then?”

“I’m not heartless towards my fiancé…” as she rotates the ring out, making the solitaire visible to both Ms Daniya and Ms Mint. Just before she stepped into the house, she had hidden the diamond by rotating the ring inwards in order to prepare a proper surprise for them.

“Oh, my goodness! Arthit has such a good taste! I approve!” as Ms Daniya examined the ring on Wanfahmai’s finger.

“Tia… You are focusing on the wrong thing… She’s engaged!”

“Our baby sister is finally getting married~~~ I’m so happy for you… You’ve made the right decision, Ice…” gushed Ms Daniya.

“Now that everything’s settled… I think it is the right time…”

“Your parents must be so happy…” as Ms Mint chimed in.

“They are… Indeed…”

“Then how about his?” lamented Ms Daniya, the only person to be able to ask the poignant question without offending Wanfahmai.

“He has told his dad before, when we went to visit him in prison together…”

“What?! Really?”

“Yeah… Because I just didn’t want him to feel like he has to cut his dad off from his life in order to move on… After all he is his dad… And surprisingly he gave us his blessings…”

“For real?!”

“Well… Kind of… He said something to me… When Arthit wasn’t there…”

“What did he say?”

“He’s grateful and told me to take care of his son…”

“Woah~ That’s huge coming from someone like him… What about his mom then?”

“Hmmm… We told her too… And she’ll be flying in for our wedding…”

“You are amazing, Ice… Do you know that?” stated Ms Daniya.

“Huh? What are you saying now, P’Tia…?”

“You managed to not only persevere in living the life that you wanted for yourself… But you also fight for your one true love… And it is only right for you to be happy now with a person that appreciates and love you just as much…”

“P’Tia… You’re definitely a romantic…”

“Needless to say, Ice… Just look at who she got married to…” as Ms Mint interject only to be getting the side eye from her friend.

The day of the wedding finally arrived. Even though Wanfahmai and Arthit wanted to hold a small and private wedding, Mr Tharathep advised against it as Arthit is still a CEO of Anada Holdings where they will have to invite shareholders and affiliated reps in order to maintain the close network within the business world. Wanfahmai accepted her father’s advice as she wanted to support Arthit in any way she can, despite not fully agreeing to the arrangement and told him to keep the invitation as low as possible, as they manage to come to an agreement.

She was getting ready in her wedding gown, a fitted backless long sleeves mermaid lace dress. She had a half up do hairstyle with little white flowers and pearl-like accessory braided into her hair, as she had opted out the veil from her ensemble. Her father came in to prepare in escorting her down the aisle. She grabbed the blush tone rustic flower bouquet that the wedding planner had prepared for her, before taking her father’s hand.

“Are you ready, my dear?”

“Dad… Are you tearing up?”

“I’ve been wanting you to get married… And now that you are going to be… I can’t help it…”

“Come on dad… It’s a happy occasion… And you’ve gained yourself a son…”

“Yup… True… I should be glad… Indeed, I’ve got myself a good son…”

“Let’s go, shall we?”

In the meantime, at the waiting area for the groom, Prof. Arthichard had flown in with his girlfriend to attend the wedding, became Arthit’s best man.

“Are you nervous, Arthit?”

“How can I not be… I still can’t believe she’s marrying me!”

Prof. Arthichard laughed at his cousin’s comment before he said, “You’ve known her for so long and you’re still feeling this way?”

“Because it’s her… That’s why… I don’t need any other reason…”

“You are truly perfect for each other, Arthit… I’m so happy for you…”

“Thank you, P’Chard… Just remember that you’ve played a huge role in gettin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter