CH:38

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, after she did her rounds along with Prof. Sahat, they prepared themselves for the operation that took 3 months in the making. They scrubbed themselves up before donning on their PPE. Just before the operation began, Wanfahmai rallied the team up, just to lighten up the mood.

“We can do this, guys and ladies?”

She carried out the extraction of the tumour as best as she could. She removes it bit by bit to prevent injuring the other healthy cells. Due to the sheer size and complexity, the operation took a long time as they took a short break in between to stretch her shoulders that was getting frozen from keeping the same position she had since the start of the operation, before she soldiered on with the tools in her hands and a microscope that was used to exponentially increase the size of the mass that she was dealing with for better view. Occasionally, Prof. Sahat would give her words of encouragement, “You are doing really well, doc… Keep it up,” before he had to leave to attend to his other works, leaving Wanfahmai and the rest of the team to work on the patient.

 “Just a little bit more… And we’re~~~ done… Specimen bottle please…” as she removed the last piece to be sent to pathology for investigation. She then began to close up the patient carefully before thanking the people involved,

“Thank you everyone… Thank you… For keeping up with me…”

She removed her PPE before proceeding to meet the family of Mr. Pong.

“Doctor… How is my husband? How is my father?” as his next-of-kin asked Wanfahmai at the same time.

“The operation went smoothly and we managed to remove the tumour that we had initially plan to.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter