CH:52

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the meeting finally came and he prepared himself to head out to the location Mr Tharathep had set. When he finally reached, Mr Tharathep was already waiting for him.

“I’m sorry, Mr Tharathep… There was a bit of traffic…”

“Not a problem at all, Arthit… I was near here for another meeting… That’s why I was early…”

“Have you ordered, Mr Tharathep?”

“Not yet… I’m not sure what’s good here…”

“This place has good seafood risotto…”

“Oh, you’ve tried it before?”

“Well, I’ve been here with Wanfahmai before…”

“Ahhh… Well, if she likes it then… I’ll will give it a try….”

“Then I’ll shall place an order for you…”

“Sure, thank you…”

Arthit placed an order of seafood risotto, a mushroom risotto and paired it with two glasses of chardonnay. While they were waiting for their food,

“So, Arthit… Why did you want to meet up with me today?”

“Well, Mr Tharathep… I wanted to talk to you about your investment in Anada Holdings…”

“Hmmm… So, you are here on behalf of your father?”

“Well… I can’t change the fact that he’s my father… But… I am also an executive director of Anada Holdings… Such news will not only impact my family… Because, if that was the case, I wouldn’t be so concerned…”

“So, are you saying that you’re not here because of your father?”

“It would be a lie if I say that… But my main concern isn’t my family… My main concern is the people’s livelihood… People who are working for Anada Holdings… Every decision that we make as a management, the impact is immediately felt by employees of the company… And I am just about to extend my case to increase wages for the workers… News like this will only cause a setback… So, I am hoping if there’s any other way, we can deal with this…”

Just as soon as Arthit finished what he said, the waiter came by to deliver their food. Mr Tharathep who had been listening to him, smiled as he lamented,

“Arthit, you know what?”

“Sorry?”

“You sound just like my daughter… Is this the reason why she likes you?”

“I am not sure exactly why she likes me… But for sure that’s what I like about her…”

The men were suddenly interrupted when Wanfahmai dropped by.

“Wanfahmai?”

“Yes, P’Arthit… It’s Wanfahmai…”

“Aren’t you working?”

“Mr. Tharathep here told me that the both you will be having lunch today… I have a couple of hours to spare before I get back to work… And I just wanted to see how the both of you are doing… Killing two birds with one stone… Cannot get any better than that, can it?”

“You are still calling me by my name?”

“Of course… I am still not ready…”

“Okay… Okay… Fine by me… So, do you want anything to eat?”

“Oh, you got their seafood risotto? That’s really good…”

“Yeah… Arthit recommended it to me… He says that the two of you been here before…”

“Gossiping about me behind my back uh?”

“Nothing but good words though… By the way you should order your food…”

“No thank you… I’ve already had a heavy breakfast this morning… I don’t mind getting dessert though…” as she called for the waiter to place an order of affogato and a slice of tiramisu.

“Mr. Tharathep… Don’t look at me like that…”

“What?”

“You’re judging me with your eyes…” retort Wanfahmai.

“I am not saying anything…”

“Okay… But before you say anything, I’m just going to say that I love coffee… And I have yet to complete my dose of coffee for the day…”

Her dessert came fast and as she took bites of it, Mr Tharathep continued with the conversation.

“Honestly Arthit, the reason why I intend to pull my investment out is because both Mr Suriyon and Mr Haton are not being cooperative... They have been stalling for time… And time is money in business… So, I was hoping with something this drastic… It will push them to cooperate… Because we are seeking compensation for the affected people… That’s what my daughter wanted… Compensation for the family and for the people who are in charge of this to be held accountable… Just like what you mentioned earlier… You wanted to do this because of your employees’ liveli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter