The Verdict

Silhouette Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Yoongi pov...

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes the minute I saw her walked into my office. Namjoon never mentioned about her at all. She’s been working under my company for a few months now, not once I ever suspected. She looked nervous and she kept on fixing her glasses. I can see her more clearly now than before. She change a little bit. Her hair used to be longer and now it only past her shoulder length I can tell eventhough she had it tied into a small ponytail. She only has a light lipstick on her lips. Her sweet lips that I ever kissed before. I noticed a small droplets of sweats on her forehead, she probably been running earlier. Namjoon spoke before me thanks to him. I’m nervous myself but I have to remain calm and acted that I feel nothing. It’s my turn to say something. I blurted out throwing questions at her. I realize I sounded harsh but I don’t ing care. She hurt me so bad before. How I trusted her but she ing lied. She answered me clearly and her explanation is clear. After she finished her words swallowed a lump down . My eyes can’t help it but to observe her pretty neck which I love the most. But this is not the time to think about all the lovey dovey between us. It’s all over now. I wonder why would she want to work under my company? Does she want to get my attention again? It can’t be..if she wanted to do that she would have done it years ago. She looked so tense and uncomfortable. It’s probably because of me. Namjoon probably knew how she got hired. It’s not that I don’t want her around but I don’t know if I can keep myself away from her knowing that she’s just a few floor down from me…!

 

“…Joon..ah…was it you who chose her?...” Yoongi asked one day when they were out for a drink at the club. “..nope…I didn’t even do the interview….why?...” “..who did it then?...”. “..it was Jimin..who did the first round and she was on waitlisted among other two candidates….then I asked Jin hyung to do the final round….” Yoongi thought for a moment and he knew Jin will choose the right one for the job. Soo Jin must be good. “…according to Jimin she had the experience and I’m impressed too with what she did for ‘Iris’during the promotion show…” Yoongi was silence “…do you have problem in hiring her?...I thought you wouldn’t really care who we employed as long as they perform well…”. Yoongi nodded his head “…no..I’m fine with it…but I’m just…nevermind…” he didn’t finish his words instead taking a gulp of his beer. “..you’re worried that she didn’t do well…right?...” Yoongi looked up at his best friend “…you still care…” the younger said with a smirked.

 

The concert was drawing near and everyone was getting busier. Especially Soo Jin, she always stayed late at the office. “...Unnie...you should go back too...it’s late almost six..” Sena and Jihyo were on their way out to go home. Jay and Sang Eun have left because they wanted to meet up with some friends for a drink. “....you two go ahead first...I’ll just stay for a bit...need to check on something....thanks..I’ll see you tomorrow...”. “..okay..unnie...bye!..” the two girls left and Soo Jin returned back to her computer. She was checking re the ticket selling and it was already sold out within just two days. She was so happy it means one problem already been solved.

 

“..Kook...you can go now...I’ll just be a while...” Yoongi told Jungkook who was still at his desk because Yoongi still in his office. “..are you sure sir?...I can still stay with you...” “..no ..it’s okay...”. “...hyung...you should go home and rest...it’s almost eight already...” the young assistant said in concerned “..you’ve been staying late almost everyday...” he added. Yoongi smiled “..you’re concerned about me...don’t worry...I promise I’ll go home as soon as I finish the paper....”. “..Okay...call me if anything you need...” Jungkook said before he exited the CEO’s office. Just after an hour Yoongi decided to go home. He locked his office door and headed down the elevator. “..good evening Mr Min...drive safely...” the security guard who was on guard that night politely greeted him while bowing his head. “...Mr Choi..has everyone has left the building?....” Yoongi went back up to the main lobby to ask since he saw there still a car parked at the basement when he was walking to his car. “...yes..everyone sir...except for Miss Ahn...from the 3rd floor...she always stayed late...”. “..Miss Ahn?..are you sure?...” “..yes..Mr Min...I’m very sure...I can go up and check on her...” “..no..I’ll go..just stay here...”.

 

The elevator door opened and Yoongi stepped out. He saw a little bit of lights coming from the opened door to an office. He walked to where the lights came from. He saw a figure was sitting on a chair which no doubt it must be Soo Jin. But she was so still and her head was lying on her desk in front of the monitor. “..Miss Ahn?..” he called but there’s no response from her. “...Miss Ahn..I think you should go home it’s late...” He shook her arms lightly but he noticed the girl was not moving. Yoongi’s eyes widened “..Miss Ahn!..” he shook her body vigorously but she was not respsonding. “..Soo Jin!..wake up..Soo Jin!...” he lifted her up in his arms and carried her quickly to the elevator. “..Mr Choi!..call my assistant Jeon Jungkook now...and ask him to go straight to the hospital....understand..” “...help me to my car!...” “..yes..sir...” . Yoongi drov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter