a stone on the step

Wedding Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's another beautiful morning for Yongsun. The feeling of a warm body pressed against her back just reminded her that she wasn’t alone in the room. There’s someone who was hugging her on her comfortable bed. She couldn't fight off a smile of relief and the comfort that Wheein's presence brought her. Looking at the clock, Yongsun realized it was time to get up, and they slept in a little too much. She didn’t want her mom to wait for them. Even though she wanted nothing more than to stay, laying here, in this cloud of warmth, hugging her girlfriend, she knew that a new day had come, and that she had to prepare.
 

She turned around and glanced back at the sleeping form beside her. Her world might not be colorful, but this Angel in front of her made another, indescribable color in her life. Her heart filled with joy while looking at Wheein. She brushed the hair from her baby face, leaned in to kiss her chubby cheek. "Baby… wake up" she whispered while kissing her nose.

Wheein mumbled in her sleep, wriggling under the sheets. Yongsun kissed her lips softly, getting easily distracted by intoxicating sensation. Wheein's lips started moving along hers, finally waking up. Yongsun pulled away, getting off the bed. "Morning Baby~"

Wheein groaned, stretching on the big bed.

"Aaah… I just had this wonderful dream, of kissing these plump, soft lips."

"If you don't get up, kissing them will stay only in that dream" Yongsun , moving towards the bathroom.

Wheein pouted at her, and jumped off the bed. She ran to the bathroom door and blocked Yongsun before entering.

“What are you doing, baby?” Yongsun asked while crossing her arms

Then Wheein pulled Yong into another morning kiss “I love you”

Yongsun smiled just listening to Wheein’s cheesy words in the morning “Love you too”

“Should I go down and greet your mom?” asked Wheein

“Feel free to do what you want. I will take a bath first”

Wheein nodded and walked down the stairs.

“Good morning Wheein” Mrs. Kim greeted her once she saw a young girl coming to the kitchen.

Wheein bowed, “Morning Mrs. Kim”

“I will be happy if you call me, Omma.”

“Omma” Wheein called her as soon as she reached the floor. “Omma. Did you have a good sleep?” she asked

“ne.” Mrs. Kim has never been this happy, she felt like she had another daughter. She was touched by Wheein concern

“Miss Lee had already prepared the breakfast for us. Is Yongsun awake?”

They walked to the dining table, “Yes, she is taking a bath right now.”

“Yonghee can’t join us since she has an urgent meeting” they stopped at the table and sat on the chair, “Do you have any plans today?”

“We are going to visit my mom tomorrow, but today I don’t know. I will just follow Yong”

Mrs. Kim nodded, “Do you want to visit my husband? I want Yongsun and you to stop by the hospital” she sighed, “I understand if you don’t...”

“I want to”

“Really?”

Wheein nodded, “In the past I felt hurt by what he has done. But they say time can heal the deepest wounds. It is all in the past now. I worked that through, I’m okay with that. I’m another person now, I think more mature. I don’t have a reason to hate him anymore” she put a warm smile, "Love from your daughter changed me too. Power of love, right?"

Mrs. Kim felt the weight of a stone just disappeared from her heart, “Thank you. This means a lot to us, our family. My husband will be happy to meet you. He might be in a coma, but I know he still can sense and hear us" she let go her heavy breath, "I know it is harsh, but we don't expect much. Doctor said, it's a miracle he's still alive. He won't wake up since all his nerves are damaged, and we need to prepare for the worst part. Sometimes I feel… He is waiting" she looked at Wheein "Maybe He is waiting for you and your mom" 

Wheein went silent. She doesn't know how to answer. 

"I'm sorry. It should be a simple breakfast with light talk, but… What have I done? I'm sorry" She tried to apologize for her tactless behavior

" I..."

"Morning!" Yongsun suddenly greeted them and sat beside Wheein. She came at the right time. She saved them from this slightly awkward situation. " Woah... I miss Mrs. Lee’s cooking!" she looked at Wheein, "You need to try this, and you will fall in love with these. Trust me"

Wheein smiled.

"Let's eat! Baegopa(I’m hungry) " she cut meat for Wheein "Aaa..."

Wheein just followed Yongsun, she ate that piece of meat and smiled."mmmm… So delicious!"

"See?" Yongsun smiled and enjoyed her food as well.

Mrs. Kim just observed girls during breakfast. How much she wanted her husband to see that too.

--------------------

Wheein told Yongsun how she wanted to visit Yong's father before going back to Jeonju. Yongsun was surprised by this sudden request. She didn't expect that, but she was so grateful that Wheein wants to meet her father, after all of what happened between Kim and Jung families.

It's took only a few minutes for them to arrive at the hospital. They entered room number 221. Wheein could see the oldest Kim sleeping on the bed. Monitor beside the bed informed them about every heartbeat of Mr. Kim. It was beating slow but steady.

"Appa, how are you?" Yongsun greeted and gave him a few squeezes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter