The Second Step

Wedding Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Moorfields Eye Hospital, sir " Jiyeon told the driver.

He nodded and drove the White Alphard away from Hotel. 

"Moorfields Eye Hospital is the leading provider of eye health services in the UK and a world class center of excellence for ophthalmic research and education" Jiyeon tried to share her knowledge to them " and Dr. Simon is one of the best surgeons who are specialized in eyes operations , he is someone with outstanding surgical skills and also possesses the great technical and mathematical skills to compute the countless complex measurements taken from each eye to accurately plot the right strength lens." Jiyeon finally had time to take a breath after the appreciative speech

Wheein just speechless, " wao.. You must admire him a lot.." she joked and tried to find on Jiyeon's face any sign of embarrassment but no, she with even more admiration " Of course! I mean, who not?" Jiyeon asked back, " If anybody can help Yongsun it will be Dr. Simon. He will cure Yongsun's eyes. I'm so sure. I believe him."

" He better be as good as you are saying" said Yonghee with a little skeptical tone

Yongsun tried to calm down and avoid this lively conversation. Today is a big day, her stress level was high and like a magic, Wheein could sense her worry.

“Do you want to hear some music?” Asked Wheein and put out her earphones and wore it one to Yong’s ear and one to herself.

Yongsun smiled when Wheein had already played the music. She rest her head on Wheein’s shoulder. “Thank you” she whispered.

 

----

They arrived at 162 City Road, which is the location of the Hospital. 

Wheein went out with the umbrella because it was pouring, she protected Yong from rain and walked her to building

The hospital was not as big as they thought. When they got inside, it's so different, so spacious and clean. In the air you could feel the specific “in hospital scent”. Everyone was busy and almost ran to the next task.

When the scent got into Yong’s nose, she patted Wheein's arm  “Whee, please take me to the bathroom fast”. Wheein sensed that something is not okay.

 “Unnie… please wait for us. We have to go to the bathroom for a moment”.

Yonghee dan Jiyeon nodded.

Wheein reached out to girlfriend. Soon after the bathroom door closes, Yongsun kneeled before the toilet bowl and vomited. Wheein took her hair out of the way. Afterwards, she gave her some paper to clean the face. “ Baby, I’m worried. Are you nervous because of the meeting?”.

Yongsun wiped her face and tears in the eyes “I’m sorry...I just couldn’t stop having this negative mind.. What if this isn’t gonna work? I will be blind forever. Will I ever get a chance to see your face?”.

Wheein helped her get up “ Yong I understand your worry, but we are in the best place to get your vision back. Everything is gonna be fine. You trust Dr. Simon to cure my eyes then trust him too for this time. Come here..” She squeezed her tight in her arm “ I’m here, I will always be by your side. No matter what.. so stop worrying..”

Yongsun finally smiled “Thank you, you don’t how much I needed this' '.

“Any time my lady” younger girl joked. “Now you have to wash your mouth and go back, they are waiting for us”.

After cleaning up, the couple came back and Jiyeon guided them to Dr. Simon's room. As always with a polite manner, Jiyeon knocked on the door. 

Dr Simon opened the door for them. " Good Evening, please come in" He opened the door wider

" Good Evening, Doc" they greeted him back.

" Please, sit down," he said and sat on his chair . They led Yongsun to sit in front of Dr, Simon. 

" How are you, Miss Kim?" Dr. Simon asked her before turned his flashlight and started to scan and check Yongsun's eyes. 

" I'm good.. So how is it? " Yongsun didn't show any reaction. Straight to the point

Dr Simon didn't answer for a couple seconds which made them feel nervous. 

" so... About the treatment.. We are going to do Stem Cell Therapy, it's known as cell degeneration. Stem cells can be coaxed into becoming any type of cell, they could be used to grow fresh retinal cells for transplantation into the eye to replace those that have been lost" He explained to them.

Wheein never felt so lost, she didn't understand what he's talking About. Luckily there's Jiyeon who patiently translated and explained it to her. 

" But.. I can't guarantee the result.. Are you willing to try?" He asked Yongsun.

Yongsun nodded, " I must try, I don't want to give up if there's a chance"

Dr. Simon smiled, " Good! We will do the first treatment today.. All of you can wait outside.."

Wheein didn't want to leave the room, " I want to stay.." she whined.

" Whee..baby.. " Yongsun held her hands, " it won't take long.. Wait outside, okay?"

Wheein didn't want to leave. " Doctor Simon, pleazeee?'' She used her aegyo. 

Dr Simon laughed, " I'm sorry, Miss Wheein.. But the injection can't be disturbed by anyone. Procedure isn’t long, I can assure you "

Wheein pouted. She gave up and followed the other to wait outside with drooped head.

Yonghee, who sat beside Wheein, kept observe the girl. " Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter