S2 | Painting.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third POV

 

 

Dong Taeyang closed the door to his luxury room. He took off his coat and threw it on his chair before grabbing his best scotch from the table. What a week it had been for him. It should have made him angry that his Angel and prized Ronn were gone. It should have made him furious, and he was not a man to be reckoned with when he was angry. He played dirty and hard and he knew it. Unfortunately, this situation required fineness that he had not had to use for a long time. He would have to be extremely precise and careful in order to stay in the dark. The Councils were simple ponds so easily movable and manipulated. It was a wonder they stayed in power for so long.

"I promise," He said to himself as he took a swing of his finest scotch, "I promise you, Tzuyu Ettore, I will have you. I will have you in your all madness and glory. Your monstrous beast will be mine to , to feed and to love. And I promise you, my dear friend, you will give me your offspring." He filled his glass and took another swing.

The lights above his head began to shimmer. He looked up. The lights were closing and opening quickly, as if a thunderstorm had arrived. He looked down to find the hair in his arms raise from the static in the air. Someone or something had arrived his home and took his things.

But he was not without defenses. He was a powerful warlock with centuries of knowledge and power. Taeyang put his glass down and slowly walked to the door. He knew whatever had arrived was not in his room. It was too warded for anything to pass without his consent. His hand were getting cold, but he didn't care. Using a little energy, the warlock conjured a small blue light that he threw over his head. The light shined the long, empty corridor. He looked to his right and saw nothing. He then looked to his left and his breath cut short in awe and amazement.

A little girl, no older than four years old was standing passively in the middle of the hall, no more than ten feet away. The girl had nothing but a white shirt and plain blue pajamas pants with tiny white angel wings designs on them. Her feet were bare but she didn't look like she was cold. Her light brown hair fell down in waves around her beautiful face and her eyes, oh her eyes, they were something else intirely.

Instead of her mismatched brown and blue, the girl's eyes had become a shiny red and deep purple. They were mesmerizing as every time she blinked, the colors would switch eyes. Back and forth, back and forth. She had a solemn look as her face was half hidden by the shadows around her. The shadows seemed to be listening to her, moving around her like a loyal pet.

He had met her once before and her figure presence had haunted his mind for months. He would never had forgotten something so majestic and terrifying. She was more than he remembered. She was beyond his dreams. And, she was right here, with him.

"Hello beautiful one," Taeyang said. He stayed where he was but bent his upper body in order to look at her gorgeous eyes, "I was expecting you."

Naeun said nothing as she watched him. She cocked her head to the side and studied him. The shadows seemed to grow darker until it felt like they had become oblivion. He kept his eyes strained on the gift before him as the shadows made him uncomfortable.

"Why don't you come to my room and have a hot drink?" Taeyang said. He knew she was his the moment she entered his room. It was sealed with magic that took years to create and build until no one could leave without his permission. He was never going to let her leave. He also knew he still had loyals objects, waiting for his orders to attack. They were around them right now. For some unexplainable reason, he had a feeling that the girl knew exactly where they were.

Naeun shook her head without leaving her eyes from his constantly change per every time she blinked. Red, purple, red, purple.

"No," She said with an angelic voice. If there were emotions, Taeyang couldn't hear them, "You did something not fair."

Taeyang frowned. Unforgivable, he thought and nodded his head in affirmation, "Are you here on behalf of your parents?"

"You made them cry," She said and frowned emotions threatening to show. "You made Mommy cry and scared. You made Mama cry too. I don't like when Mama cries. It's sad."

"I am sorry I made them cry. It was truly never my intention." That was the truth.

He blinked and made a startled movement when he saw that she had moved from her original spot. Taeyang stopped smiling. He began to calculate, trying to figure out the girl's intentions. She kept blinking, making him dizzy. Her eyes were too much for him to bare and dared to look down.

Taeyang gritted his teeth. He had never submitted or lowered his eyes to anyone before. But this breathtaking creature, this terrific thing made him submit simply by looking at him. Only then did he thought pensively. This was a dire situation. He absolutely had to get her in his room, bind her to him. He had no room for any more mistakes. This girl before him was going to be his biggest and hardest catch.

"I don't like sad," Naeun continued. "Sad is hard to live with. Sad is not fair."

"The world is not fair, little angel," Taeyang said dryly. "Your Mama did something unforgivable. She needs to pay for her actions."

He was beginning to think he may not have the upper hand. It was impossible, the child was only three years old.

"It should be. More fair than now," Naeun said from behind him. Taeyang jumped and turned around only to find her at arms distance. "Mama tells me one pays what one deserve. Why not you? You made my mom's cry, made them hurt and lost. They can't come back now, all alone in the darkness. They don't know how."

"The let's made a deal, little angel. You and me," Taeyang bent down to his knees until he was face to face with the creature of his dreams. He didn't dare touch her yet, "You for your mothers. I will plead for your Mama to get out of the darkness and save your Mom for the same fate. You only have to walk into my room and have a hot beverage with me. That's fair, is it not?"

Tha magestic being shook her head. At that moment, he saw something flicker her beautiful eyes. Something that he saw in none other than Tzuyu Ettore herslef. This girl was more like her mother than anyone knew. He saw the madness, and the intelligence of both of her mothers in this little girl's eyes. He saw her power, her magic, and her thirst for something he couldn't put his finger on. Naeun was her mother's daughter.

Naeun kept looking in Dong Taeyang's eyes and raised her tiny hand between them. Taeyang stiffened and conjured his magic. With a small smile, a smile which she rarely showed, Naeun touched his cheeks as if the man were her most precious toy. Taeyang opened his mouth and began to chant. He was not allowed to miss his one shot.

The smile of this overwhelming creature was the last thing he saw before the light above his head went out.

 

 

Nayeon POV

 

 

"Naeun!" I screamed at the top of my head. Everything seemed unreal.

As soon as we found Naeun missing, I had Yeji give me the pendant to cross the shield surrounding Dong Taeyang's barrier and teleported mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter