S2 | SUSP.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana POV

Day 15;

 

 

Was I even alive? Sometimes, I couldn't tell anymore. The few times I knew I was alive was when I was being tortured, which was quite often these days or weeks since I couldn't know the difference anymore. I drifted in andn out of slumber, never truly coming back to my senses. I hated being awake for the stench of smell and the misery of four brown walls. I hated sleeping for the nightmares wouldn't let me relax.

I heard a sound of the door open. I managed to open my eyes slightly, enough the figure walking in. It was the little brown haired and bare foot girl. I had tried to starve myself to death after that first whip séance. It seemed that Dong Taeyang figured out that I would only eat if it was the girl, who had yet spoken a word, who brought me food. Taeyang didn't want me to die, he wanted me to suffer. He was doing a brilliant job.

The first time she had come in with food in her hands, I cried. It seemed as if the girl had lived of nothing else and, therefore, felt no empathy towards us.

"What's your name, honey?" I had asked her. She stayed silent. I was not even sure she understood me.

"Ronn. That's what he calls her." Hyungsik's raspy voice had said from the other side of the cell. He was lucky I was here because Taeyang focused all his attention on me, leaving him unnatended except for the odd super here and there. I tended to share my plate with him.

"Hello Ronn. My name is Sana." I'd smile a little. With difficulty, I sat up and leaned on the wall for support.

Once a day, she would come down to the dungeon and bring food. She was not allowed to leave until I had eaten. Taeyang knew children were my weakness and happily used it. He didn't seem to mind hurt the poor girl. I ate very slowly, enjoying her company. I had learned that she did in fact understood what I was saying. I told her stories about myself, my childrens and family. I told her stories about my world, a world she had no notion existed. She would listen to every word I spoke. She would stare at me without emotions, or any change in her facial features. But I knew she listened. Ronn would sit on her heels and stare at me as I told her stories of the twins we took in or the feeling of freedom when I was flying.

Every day, I dreaded that Taeyang would come to know that I spoke to her. Taeyang was such an arrogant man, it would be his own downfall. He was absolutely certain all his subjects were loyal to him. If only I could convince Ronn that there is life outside the walls she was imprisioned in.

"Thank you Ronn," I said to her as she gave me the plate. Ronn simply sat on her heels and stared at me waiting. One thing I had learned from my relationsihp with Chewie was understanding body language. How the stares or the micro movement of a muscle could mean so much. Ronn was less expressive than my wife but was still simlar.

"Have I told you how I met my wife?" I asked her knowing full well she wouldn't respond. "Well, it all started with a succubus and a death..."

 

 

Yeji POV 

 

 

The knock on the door was absolutely unwanted. Ever since we came back from the slaughter of the Council, everyone has been on their toes. Minho and Suzy's house had become silent and insufferable. We rarely spoke to each other. Aunt Mina had left as soon she could to try and soften the blow that was about to come to Ma's way. What she had done was not only intolerable, but it was absolutely stupid and at the wrong time. It is assured that the remaining Council members would no longer look for Mom because Ma had gone off the rails and was now considered a greater danger. They wouldn't believe us anymore and refused to help an unstable psychopath.

Hyunjin stayed away from Ma as best he could. He refused to talk to me as well because I apparently took her side. I didn't take her side though. All I knew was that if Sana had never been kidnapped, Ma would never had acted so irrationally. Aunty Mina had explained us what had happened to her all those years ago and why Mom was so important to keep Ma's sanity in check.

Daehwi, my boyfriend, arrived when he heard me crying on the phone even though I told him to stay away. No one said a word when he came through the door which I was grateful for. I refused to tell him what I had seen, although news of the slaughter of the Council members spread like wild fire. Daehwi knew what had happened and who killed them even though the culprit's name stayed out of public. It wasn't hard to know once you stay in a house that sleeps with one eye open and weapons drawn against of their own.

I felt bad for her. Knowing who Ma was made me even more determined to find my adoptive mother and held return this now broken family whole again.

Whoever was at the door banged on the door with fury, almost ripping the door off.

"This is the Special Unit of Supernatural Protection. Open the door now!"

", what are the SUSP doing here. I thought we would have more time." Nayeon swore as she made her way to the front door.

As soon as she opened the door, a bunch of male and female creatures barged in uninvited and invaded the only procavy we had left. I counted twelve in total. Twelve people dressed in leather black suits with a symbol of their authority. The SUSP were the equivalent of an elite police force, tasked to protect cities from dangerous creatures. They were good too, from all the stories we heard. Behind them were four Council members with their white and green robes looking all glorious and smug. Mina was not with them.

"I am Special Agent Seongjun and this is a quarantine for Tzuyu Ettore. There is a magical barrier being created at this moment around the house. No one can go in or out without my permission." The man who stood in front of us said. He was tall with dark hair and bright yel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter