S2 | Trapped. [PART 1]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana POV

Day 42;

 

 

We had gotten so far out of the cell and into the maze of corridors that structures the dungeon. Hyungsik and I had not much of a plan but to try and surprise the guards and kill them before they rang the alarm. So far, so good, I thought to myself. The both of us made quite a petty team together as Hyungsik could barely walk, let alone hold a weapon and I not much healthier.

Hyungsik had gotten skinny enough to pass through the prison bars as the distance between them seemed unimportant. No one had the guts to try and escape before. Taking the guards by surprise had been in our favor and my cellmate managed to open the door without much trouble.

The both of us continued our hard walk, avoiding the guards by blending in the shadows of the filthy walls. I knew that my white hair was no longer its original colour. It had faded and probably had too much mud and dirt to know exactly what the colour used to be. I kind of envied Hyungsik's bald head. But where Hyungsik lacked hair on his head, he compensated it with his massive beard that he hadn't been able to cut in over a year.

Not knowing where we were going, we followed the fresh air that began to make its way in the form of a well needed encouragement. We had finally arrived at the top of the stairs and into a dark hallway. Hyungsik and I looked at each other and nodded gravely. This was our last stretch and we were determined to die under the sky, breathing as if for the first and last time. The next few minutes were some of the most painful of all. Both Hyungsik and I had to support each other in order to walk. Going up so many stairs was beyond difficult and we had to take many breathless breaks in order to continue. Beyond the hallway was another door. It had to be it, I thought.

We both saw the light from under the crack of the door that proved us right. We began to walk slowly, following the torches. To me, it felt as if the closer we got to that door at the end of the dark hallway, the further the door was. I was getting desperate.

With what seemed like hours but only a few minutes, we finally made it to the said door. We stopped to take a small breather.

"This is it, my friend," I told him. "What do you say?"

"Bet'er than rottin down there," He mumbled. I smiled sadly. After everything I had gone through, this was how I was going to die. Quite a miserable way to go, I thought.

"Here goes nothing," I said and gently pushed the door opened. My first reaction was to recoil back into the shadows as my cellmate yelped and hid behind the door. After spending so much time underground with no light, both of our eyes had adjusted to the darkness. The sun was simply too bright. I closed my burning eyes as a while flash came before my eyes. It hurt.

"Hey, you there!" I heard someone say from before me. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted hard against the sun light, until they began to adjust. I began to see dark figures at first. There were quite a few. Slowly those figures became creatures of all shapes and sizes; there were many. The creatures formed a semi-circle around the door, not sure how to react. No one had tried to escape before and they weren't sure which protocol to follow for this situation.

"Well my friend, it's now or never," I told him and he grunted in response. I took one last glance at the light grey sky. No matter how many clouds there were, I had never seen such a beautiful sky in my life before. Perhaps because it would be my last one. I took one last deep breath of nice, cold fresh air before preparing myself for a legendary downfall.

 

 

Yeji POV

 

 

The feeling of being nothing and nowhere flowed through me as Tzuyu teleported Daehwi and I to our destination. Frankly, I was as nervous as I was excited for the adventure to come. Yes, it felt like an adventure more than a rescue mission. Perhaps both are synonyms.

Finally, the feeling of simply being came back like a truck slamming into a wall. It took me a few unnerving seconds before I took off in my fly form to land on the nearby branch as to not get squished by anything. I didn't like being small things. They made me feel weak and powerless, but that came from the rough childhood I lived through before. I also knew that small creatures were powerful in their own way.

Once my weird fly vision came back and the world had stop turning, I looked at my boyfriend and adopted somewhat mother. He was still breathing, thank the spirits. Tzuyu looked more annoyed than angry, as she looked at him with one hand on her hip and the other rubbing her forehead.

"I swear, you are nothing but trouble." She sighed before turning around her axe, looking for something; probably me.

"Where there is a lovesick puppy, there is always its master. Come out, come out wherever you are, little Chameleon. You are going to get me in trouble again."

I shivered when she spoke in her very creepy, non-mother voice as her red eyes passed me without noticing. Or so I thought. Tzuyu's head stop in her search and turned back to my general direction. I hated when she did that. It was freaky.

"I am sorry ma'am, but Yeji didn't" Daehwi began to say but was cut off by Tzuyu's wave of dissimsal.

"You have no control on that girl. If you did, she would never had slept with you."

I would have grind my teeth in anger had I any. That woman was nothing but insults and zero expectations towards me. That little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter