S1 | The Beach.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was mid-August. Jeongyeon, Jihyo and I had spent most of our summer with the Ettore sisters. Mina and I became best friends pretty quick. What surprised me was Nayeon and Jihyo were best friends also. Nayeon managed to help Jihyo get over her shyness by putting the fairy into different situations. You could say she brought Jihyo under her wing. Nayeon and I were friends but nothing great. She was too snobbish for my taste and had a huge ego but she made the activities we did together really fun. And Tzuyu, well she still is that anti-social of a girl we met a while back.

Today, we were going swimming in a lake a few hours from town. Jihyo and I drove to the Ettore's house with her van. Jeongyeon was already at their house, she spent the night there. Nayeon met us on the front porch and gave each of us a huge hug. She and Jihyo went rushing back in the house squealing all the way. I guess Nayeon didn't know which bathing suit to bring and needed help. Girls.

I let myself through the door and spotted Mina coming down the stairs at great speed. I smiled as she tried and failed to tie her dark red hair in a ponytail while while coming down two stairs at time. I went to meet her when she came all the way down. I took the elastic from her hand and tied her hair up in a messy bun.

"Hey, gorgeous," I said to my friend and have her a quick hug.

"Hey, Sanake,"She said. And I smiled hearing the nickname she gave me.

"So," I said, dangling my arm around her shoulder, "Where is your anti-social of a sister?" Mina raised an eyebrow at me. It was not the first time Tzuyu and I insulted each other. "Because I have something for her." Feeling the need to justify myself. I showed her the bag I was carrying. Mina took a curious peak inside.

"You brought her a bikini? Are you nuts?" She exclaimed.

"Come on. We're going to the beach, she needs something to wear. Plus, it would help her integrate with people."

"What makes you think she will wear it?" She asked.

"She likes me," I winked at her, moving towards the stairs with her in tow, "And the proof is that I'm still alive."

My relationship with Tzuyu was pretty easy. I annoy the out of her by talking until her ears bleed. I also take things from her and I physically touch her all the time. Most of the time she ignores me or insults me and it's awesome. She is such an easy target to tease. I managed to have a five minutes conversation once, that was the longest one we had. We even flirt once in a while; at least that's what I think. Well I do, but who wouldn't? She is beautiful – when she doesn't speak.

When we arrived at her door, I stopped Mina who was about to leave, "Can you come with me?" I asked.

"Why, it's your present to her. You said it yourself that she likes you, so why can't you go in alone? Are you scared?"

"No!" I exclaimed. I took a few seconds to think about what I was going to say. She did have weird effect on me when I'm near her. "She creeps me out," it's what I said. Those were the wrong choise of words by the look on Mina's face but it was true though; Everytime I'm alone with her, she makes me nervous.

Mina gave me a knowing smile, as if she knew something I didn't. I knocked on the door and went in without a response. I knew she wouldn't answer anyway. Tzuyu was drawing at her desk, with her earphones on. She turned around when she heard us come in, gues her music was not that loud.

"Ever heard of privacy?" She asked me, ignoring her sister. I gave her a goofy grin, the one that she hates, and shook my head.

"I brought you something that you have to wear today, because you are going to the beach with us," I shoved the bag in her hands and pointed to the bathroom. Tzuyu looked from the bag to me and to the bag again.

"You want me to wear this?" She asked in disbelief. She looked at Mina to see if I was kidding, which I was not.

"Yes, now go change, unless you want to change here and it's totally fine by me." I laughed, "Today is the day you get out of those sweatshirts and put decent summer clothes for once. And we were going to have fun. Ever heard of of fun?" I said. Tzuyu shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I brought you some clothes to put over your swimsuit," Mina told her sister, trying to help her situation.

To my surprise, Tzuyu went to change in the bathroom with an exaggerated sigh. I looked at Mina who seemed relieved that her sister complied so easily. When Tzuyu came out, she was wearing black Bermuda's and a large t-shirt that went under her bum. It was progress; we could actually see the skin on her arms.

"Awesome beautiful, let's get you wet." I told Tzuyu when I place my arm around her shoulder. She looked up and down at me, not removing my arm, probably because she knew it was useless to try.

"Aren't you wet already?" She said raising her eyebrow. See? Flirting. Mina made a gag sound behind us.

"You catch on quick hot shot," I told her. I have her my goofy smile and led her downstairs where the others were wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter