S1 | Out of Mind.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"When I heard that my favorite student was different over night, I had to come see for myself," Taeyeon said to Tzuyu.

We were sitting in her office after the dance practice which ended sooner than usual due to the fact that the teacher didn't want to teach after he was chocked by his student. Who can blame him? Anyway, here we are now.

"I would like to have a session with you if you wouldn't mind," Taeyeon continued, "I am a curious woman and your mind is quite a puzzle. I want to see if you being in charge of the body changes anything to your mind."

"No problem, but I want you to bring Sana in too," She wanted me to do what now?

"I don't know, it is quite dangerous to bring someone else inside another's mind, if she gets stuck—" 

"She won't," Tzuyu said with determination, "We will be there."

"All right," Taeyeon reluctantly said. She beckoned me to sit beside them so we were in a triangle, "Sana, I'm sure you remember the meditation process of this ritual correct?" I nodded. "Good, I want you to hold my and Tzuyu's hand." Taeyeon continued and I did as she said.

"That's good. I want you to close your eyes and relax, it won't hurt. Now, here is the situation, whatever happens in there, you have to remember you are not part of it. I am your anchor to the real life therefor if you hear my voice, listen to it because it means you are losing yourself. And whatever happens, do not get lost. You must come back the way you came in is that understood?" I nodded again, "Good luck."

I closed my eyes and let myself relax in a medital state. I heard the teacher say an incantation before everything went quiet.

I felt nothing at first. Frowning, I was not sure if it worked so I took a peek. Yup, it worked all right. I was standing in a forest clearing. Taeyeon and Tzuyu were no longer there. The clearing was bright and alive with flowers and plants growing and a little stream passed ahead. When I looked up, the sky was dark and full of stars lighting all the way. The contrast between the ground daylight and the dark sky surprised me but confirmed that I was in Tzuyu's mind and everything was an illusion.

I frowned again, there was something unsettling here that was making my hair on my arm rise. It was as I stood up that I noticed everything was frozen and empty. There were no animals and no wind. The water in the stream was not moving hence making noise. I bent a lily with my finger and the flower stayed bent.

"I wouldn't disturb the peace if I were you," I jumped in surprise and turned arond to see Tzuyu smiling at me. She tore her eyes away and looked around and waved her hand, "Do you like it? We thought a nice place like this would be a good transition."

"It's nice," I said without gazing away from her beautiful body. Tzuyu was wearing a black gown to her knees and she was not wearing any shoes. Her hair fell down her back in a natiral flow. She held out her hand.

I walked towards her and placed my hand in hers where it belonged. She turned around and together we walked ahead. "Beware where you put your feet because they will show you the way back." She told me. Tzuyu was very calm, like the calm before a storm and I knew I was not afraid. I knew I was safe because she was there.

Quite soon in our journey, the warm grass slowly disappeared and replaced with hard cold stone. The clearing had become a mountain. Not far away, where there was no more grass, was a slim figure. It was blurry and I had to quint hard to see it was a person. A lump formed in my throat afraid to know who was there. Tzuyu tugged my hand forward and smiled reassuringly at me but they never reached her eyes.

We got closer to the figure and I managed to identify her as Chewie. Something waws wrong. She was almost transparent, like a ghost. Her eyes were empty and sad. She was staring into space as she sat on the ground motionless and only had a white dress on.

I took a step forward and the air suddenly became cold and my sharp breath could be seen in puffs. Light dimmend to darkness.

"She's fading." Tzuyu said behind me. I could feel her heat on my back and it gave me a comfort that I was not alone here.

"What do you mean?" I asked never taking my eyes off Chewie.

"She's fading out of existence. Her soul is dying. If she was alone in her body, she would have died of some physical or psychological defect. But the beast and I kept her alive and it's draining her life away. Touch her."

I turned around and stared in confusion at Tzuyu, "Touch her, it will do her so much good." She said again.

Hesitantly I raised my fingers that weren't clutch to Tzuyu and slowly brought them to Chewie. I didn't think it would work since she did not look tangible but the moment my hand laid on her shoulder it became solid along with the rest of her body. 

Chewie took a deep breath as if she had been under water for a long time. She blinked her eyes and a little life found their way back in them. I kept my grip on her shoulder form because I was afraid that she would disappear again.

"What th— What are you doing here?" Chewie asked when she saw me. When she saw Tzuyu behind me she growled, "You brought her here!?" Chewie yelled but Tzuyu ignored and scoffed before going on her feet. I hugged Chewie tightly with my free arm and she returned it.

"Hey," I said with a smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter