S1 | Double date. [EDITED]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks had past and so did Christmas and New Year. It was our first day back from our long holiday and the students were bombed. Mina, Momo, Tzuyu and I were sitting in the greenhouse. It was a huge building with plants, flowers and trees covering all the space. The plants were protected from the cold and could glow peacefully. Bugs, like butterflies, found refuge in the building. There were many fruits harvested for the students to eat because they do not grow in our regions.

"Let's go on a triple date tonight," Momo suggested.

"I can't, sorry," Nayeon said sadly, "It's the full moon and Jeongyeon invited me to run with the pack for the first time. I'll get to properly meet her family."

"That's so cool. You'll get to howl at the moon with your mate, so romantic." We laughed at Momo's exaggeration, "Have fun, we'll just go on a double date today and the next time you guys will come." Nayeon nodded her head but it was clear she wanted to come.

 

 

Our double date started with a nice super at a more or less expensive restaurant. Momo and I paid the bills much to Mina's refusal. We were enjoying ourselves in a human city. Humans have better technology and the food is not as complicated as in a hidden city. For humans, meat is meat but for creatures it can mean basilisks, unicorns, minotaurs, griffins and many, many more. Every time we go in a mystical restaurant we try something new and it is either delicious or revolting.

We then went to see a movie at the cinema. I enjoyed the movie while Tzuyu looked bored and the other two were making out. Mina and Momo had been friends with benefits for some time. I was glad because I never saw Mina this relaxed and happy since I met her.

Momo was very patient and helped her as much as she could. Tzuyu and I were not the type of couple to hold hands and cuddle. Being in each other's presence was enough for the both of us and besides, we had our fair share of touching and fun.

Mina had left Tzuyu in my care more than once and it took me by surprise. Taking care of someone is different than going out with them but it made me understand Tzuyu more and I was grateful. Sometimes, Tzuyu would do something totally random and I had to calm her down like one time, she broke the glass and punctured her hand with it. I had to take the four inch glass out because she was staring at it in wonder. She told me she was arguing with her alter ego and one of them decided to hurt the other. That was the worst episode I witnessed so far.

After the movie, we decided to go into the city of Annwn. The landscape and buildings were much niver than in any human city. Everything was lit up at night and we had no trouble seeing. The street lights floated around like mini suns. The buildings were all sorts of colors and in different dimensions. The rocky roads guided us through the city which was still alive considering the night creatures had woken up. We stopped at a pastry store and bought chocolate. Momo accidentaly bumped into someone on the way out and excused herself.

There were posters of the Dragons, our flag team. The season had started and the game was more workshipped than ever. We found Taecyeon and Kasumi's posters, tall and proud in their flag uniforms. This was going to be a though year for them because of new players from other teams that are slowly rising in the ranks. We dabated on who was going to win this year's cup.

"Let's go there," Momo pointed to an abandon old house. We were now on the outside of the city where it was less populated and quiter. The house was one of those old Victorian houses that nobody bothered to live in. It didn't look haunted of anything, just very old.

"I don't know Momo, it looks dangerous," Mina said in worry.

"Come on, it will be great," She said as she started to walk again. We all looked at each other before shrugging and following our crazy friend. We entered the house and looked around. Everything was dusty, old and covered with spider web. But, something felt wrong.

We stepped further in and separated ourselves to cover more ground. Momo ventured into the living room as Mina looked through the rooms. Tzuyu and I marched up the broken stairs to the second floor. There were no pictures or paintings on the wall, only dirt and cracks. My vision was impaired by the darkness because, unlike the Ettores', I don't have night vision.

"Guys, I think we should leave," I heard Mina's voice coming from the stairwell. I froze. The way Mina said it seemed as if something was defiantly wrong.

We found the other girls in the living room with frowns on their faces, "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't use my powers. Sana can you try to conjure something?" I did as my friend asked of me. I tried to summon my magic but it wouldn't come.

"What the hell? It feels like it is being blocked,"

"The house is spelled," Mina said nervously, "This is a trap, we have to leave now!"

"Leaving so soon?" A deep voice asked from the shadow. I jumped and turned around to see Riker standing between us and the door. The white haired man wore a black leather coar and a top hat. He quietly brought a cigar to his mouth and lit it, "So, you lasses are the ones causing trouble, heh?"

"We mean you no harm, Riker," I said stepping forward, "Let us leave."

Riker laughed, "You take me for a fool, lassie? I know well enough that you will go running to your mummy if I let you go," He suddenly raised his hand and green fire appeared.

"Duck!" I screamed as I dropped to the floor. I felt the heat as the fireball grazed over my head. I crawled away from Riker but kept an eye on him. The man was grinning from ear to ear as he too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter