S2 | Prologue.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

People say that when you're about to die, life flashes through your eyes. Well, that's bull. There is excruciating pain and sadness. When your blood is flowing out of your body like a mad river or when you see your cellmate's guts falling out of his chest well you would know. You look at the grass and wonder if it was always this red, if that was how it was supposed to be. If not, well you're in for a treat. It's ironic, people say they're ready to start a war for the ones they love but forget that nobody wins in a war. There is nothing but blood, pain and sadness. The sad part was that I would do it all again.

The funny thing in all this is that life goes on even on burnt grounds. I can see it from my twisted angle on the ground, where a flower stood untouched. I laugh, well more like a grunt. I couldn't believe it, there was one single white flower untouched by the madness of the world in this hell whole of land that was once sacred. But now there are only red stains and body parts. I didn't know if it was an omen or just life laughing at me.

Silent tears fell down my cheeks. The flour reminded me of her, except it was too white. It reminded me of my lover and soulmate but she was nowhere near a flower. She was a stupid, sadistic, anti-social sociopath, who killed without blinking. But she was mine. She was mine.

A hard on my cheek slap woke me from my dreamlike state, "Wakey, wakey, sleeping woman."

Speaking of the devil. I adjusted my eyes to see a beautiful brown haired woman with bright red eyes crouched beside me. I always thought she was at her prettiest when she was drenched in blood. The colour looked good on her.

"It's sleeping beauty, Chewie," I groaned as she lifted me up on my feet. Pain rushed to my head and for a moment everything went blank. I blinked a few times to rid of the dizziness as Tzuyu kept me steady, "You're late." I accused her.

"Sorry, I was too busy looking for my shoes, they seemed to have disappeared," She said sarcastically. Tzuyu always took her shoes off when she went on a hunt. I asked her why many times but I never understood properly.

"Ha, I remember why I married you," I mocked, "So optimistic."

"And I am starting to wonder why I ever asked you," She replied with the same tone.

I was about to answer when a girl opened the building door and stepped out into the night. My body froze at the knowledge of who it was.

"Yeji?" I whispered. The tall black haired girl looked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter